Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forthcoming FTD FReleases?

TCB Mafia

Forthcoming FTD Releases?

New March FTD release rumours: EIN has overheard that the new March FTDs could be...
    1- 'On Stage' Classic Album with added unreleased RCA multitrack recordings. EIN previously heard that FTD was coincidentally working on this classic album around the time Boxcar's 'ReBooked' deluxe 4cd set of similar material was released.
    2- 1975 Soundboard concert - possibly Shreveport, June 7 1975.
    The following four Shreveport 1975 tracks have been released previously by RCA on the 'Elvis Aron Presley' silver box-set. 'Funny How Time Slips Away', 'Little Darlin'', 'Mystery Train/Tiger Man', 'Can't Help Falling In Love'. It would be an excellent concert to get in full from FTD as the rest of the performance has never been released not even on bootleg.
    3- 'His Hand In Mine' double-vinyl release.

These have yet to be confirmed by FTD.
    (News, Source;EPSBelgium/ElvisInfoNetwork)

Brian
    Last edited by Brian Quinn; 01-26-2012 at 09:22 AM.

Re: Forthcoming FTD Releases?

Sounds great I do hope it's true!

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

Re: Forthcoming FTD FReleases?

While I am certainly excited to hear a new Elvis concert, I'm curious to know why FTD is choosing to go back to the May/June '75 concert tour once again?? There are tours from '73 that have yet to be covered, and as I have mentioned before, the July '75 tour is another one that has not seen a release as of yet. Thus, I am not sure why FTD feels the need to re-cover a tour that has already seen a couple of releases from it in favor of yet-to-be covered tours.

Regardless, I am excited about what the new year has in store for FTD...so many possibilities for sure!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

TCB Mafia

Latest news on the March FTD releases:

http://www.elvismatters.be/index.php...nieuws&id=5920

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76 View Post
    There are tours from '73 that have yet to be covered, and as I have mentioned before, the July '75 tour is another one that has not seen a release as of yet.
    TCB!
    Mike
    Yes, something smells fishy, don't you think?
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/999022_359272057534723_1223625887_n.jpg

all the goons I left behind, memories still linger..

“ON STAGE– February, 1970”

DISC 1

ORIGINAL ALBUM

01 See See Rider 2:28

02 Release Me (And Let Me Love Again) 3:42

03 Sweet Caroline 2:55

04 Runaway 3:05

05 The Wonder of You 3:11

06 Polk Salad Annie 4:40

07 Yesterday 3:15

08 Proud Mary 3:10

09 Walk a Mile in My Shoes 3:16

10 Let It Be Me (Je t’appartiens) 4:29

THE FEBRUARY 18 MIDNIGHT SHOW RECORDINGS

11 Long Tall Sally 3:14

12 Don't Cry Daddy 2:53

13 Kentucky Rain 3:18

14 Let It Be Me (Je t’appartiens) 3:18

15 I Can't Stop Loving You 2:24

16 Walk a Mile in My Shoes 2:52

17 The Wonder of You 3:00

18 Introductions 1:42

19 Suspicious Minds 5:13

20 Can't Help Falling in Love 1:57

DISC 2

THE FEBRUARY 18 DINNER SHOW RECORDINGS

01 Long Tall Sally 2:58

02 Don't Cry Daddy 2:32

03 Walk a Mile in My Shoes 2:04

04 Release Me (And Let Me Love Again) 2:53

05 Polk Salad Annie 4:46

“Don’t Cry Daddy” was originally released on Greatest Hits Volume 1

THE FEBRUARY 19 MIDNIGHT SHOW RECORDINGS

06 Long Tall Sally 2:08

07 Don't Cry Daddy 3:29

08 Hound Dog 2:19

09 Love Me Tender 3:11

10 Kentucky Rain 3:13

11 Let It Be Me (Je t’appartiens) 3:29

12 I Can't Stop Loving You 2:51

13 Walk a Mile in My Shoes 2:49

14 In The Ghetto 3:08

15 The Wonder of You 3:19

16 Release Me (And Let Me Love Again) 3:12

17 Polk Salad Annie 7:56

18 Introductions 2:13

19 Suspicious Minds 5:06

20 Can’t Help Falling in Love 2:04

(We get a more complete, February 18 MS show(6 songs unreleased) and a far more February 19 MS Show (13 songs unreleased) combine this and rebooked and u got the real January-February 1970 Set! I Goin to buy this one for sure

here are the other march announcements.

“OUR MEMORIES OF ELVIS”

DISC 1

VOLUME 1

01) Are You Sincere 2:00

02) It’s Midnight 3:19

03) My Boy 2:54

04) Girl Of Mine 3:36

05) Take Good Care Of Her 2:51

06) I’ll Never Fall In Love Again 3:41

07) Your Love’s Been A Long Time Coming 2:48

08) Spanish Eyes 2:22

09) Never Again 2:49

10) She Thinks I Still Care 3:49

11) Solitaire 4:39

VOLUME 2

01) I Got A Feelin’ In My Body 3:34

02) Green, Green Grass Of Home 3:33

03) For The Heart 3:28

04) She Wears My Ring 3:21

05) I Can Help 4:02

06) Way Down 2:33

07) There’s A Honky Tonk Angel (Who Will Take Me Back In) 3:04

08) Find Out What’s Happening 2:39

09) Thinking About You 3:27

10) Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right – long version 8:36

DISC 2

VOLUME 3 – previously unreleased

01) Woman Without Love 3:33

02) Moody Blue 3:56

03) When I’m Over You 3:04

04) It’s A Matter Of Time 3:03

05) Sweet Angeline 3:01

06) Hurt 2:06

07) Shake A Hand 3:47

08) Promised Land 2:50

09) Heart Of Rome 2:51

10) If You Don’t Come Back 2:41

VOLUME 3 Bonus material – previously unreleased (6 songs mixed by joan deary)

11) Mr. Songman 2:08

12) For Ol’ Time Sake 3:36

13) Love Coming Down 3:06

14) Pledging My Love 5:09

15) Raised On Rock 2:52

16) The Last Farewell 4:01

17) Fool 2:34

“HIS HAND IN MINE”

SIDE 1

01. HIS HAND IN MINE 3:16

02. I’M GONNA WALK DEM GOLDEN STAIRS 1:51

03. IN MY FATHER’S HOUSE 2:05

04. MILKY WHITE WAY 2:14

05. KNOWN ONLY TO HIM 2:08

06. I BELIEVE IN THE MAN IN THE SKY 2:12

07. CRYING IN THE CHAPEL (take1) 1:35

08. CRYING IN THE CHAPEL (takes 2, 3-M) 3:16

SIDE 2

01. JOSHUA FIT THE BATTLE 2:41

02. HE KNOWS JUST WHAT I NEED 2:12

03. SWING DOWN SWEET CHARIOT 2:33

04. MANSION OVER THE HILLTOP 2:56

05. IF WE NEVER MEET AGAIN 1:59

06. WORKING ON THE BUILDING 1:53

07. I BELIEVE IN THE MAN IN THE SKY (take 1) 2:27

08. KNOWN ONLY TO HIM (takes 1, 2) 2:26

SIDE 3

01. HIS HAND IN MINE (take 5) 3:23

01. I’M GONNA WALK DEM GOLDEN STAIRS (take 4) 2:12

02. IN MY FATHER’S HOUSE (take 7) 2:19

03. MILKY WHITE WAY (takes 1, 2, 3) 3:05

04. KNOWN ONLY TO HIM (takes 3, 4, 5) 3:46

05. I BELIEVE IN THE MAN IN THE SKY (takes 2, 3, 4) 4:02

SIDE 4

01. JOSHUA FIT THE BATTLE (take 3) 2:00

02. HE KNOWS JUST WHAT I NEED (take 8) 2:20

03. SWING DOWN SWEET CHARIOT (takes 2, 3) 2:57

04. MANSION OVER THE HILLTOP (takes 2, 1) 4:03

05. IF WE NEVER MEET AGAIN (take 1) 2:01

06. WORKING ON THE BUILDING (takes 3, 4) 2:26

07. MILKY WHITE WAY (takes 4, 6, 5) 3:26

all of this in my post is confirmed by FTD checkout elvismatters for it.

Does anyone know definitively if the June 28th, 1973 concert at Kiel Auditorium in St Louis Mo was recorded on Soundboard and is in the RCA vaults?
    I know it is suppose to have been recorded.
    I had several friends who saw that show and they said vocally it was as good as they had ever heard Elvis sing.
    Joe Tunzi also says that was probably the best vocal performances he ever heard Elvis do live!
    If they have it, why not release that one?
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Does anyone know definitively if the June 28th, 1973 concert at Kiel Auditorium in St Louis Mo was recorded on Soundboard and is in the RCA vaults?
    I know it is suppose to have been recorded.
    I had several friends who saw that show and they said vocally it was as good as they had ever heard Elvis sing.
    Joe Tunzi also says that was probably the best vocal performances he ever heard Elvis do live!
    If they have it, why not release that one?
    Check out keithflynn.com they list whats recorded on soundboard and whats in the rca vaults.
    this is what it says about the concert you ask about.

June 28 1973 (Thursday - Evening Show)
    Kiel Auditorium, St. Louis, Missouri
    Recorded on Soundboard

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar

The His Hand In Mine release is something I'm really looking forward to. Much less to On Stage. It's a great album, but the 1970 Vegas seasons have been covered pretty good and all shows have about the same setlists, routine, sound and vibe.

I'm still easily excited for any soundboard in great soundquality. So bring it on Ernst
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Sorry, but those titles and releases are weak and do not bring excitement. April is the 40th anniversary of EOT and the Garden shows and we get nothing from them? What a joke.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    Sorry, but those titles and releases are weak and do not bring excitement. April is the 40th anniversary of EOT and the Garden shows and we get nothing from them? What a joke.
    While I agree that another FTD announcement has been made and no sign of anything from EOT is very disheartening, I am firmly convinced that the main RCA label will release the MSG show backed with the AFTERNOON IN THE GARDEN album for a 2-CD set in their LEGACY series to commemorate the 40th anniversary of those shows in June!

And I know Ernst has said he is holding on to the EOT material in hopes of releasing it in conjunction with an EOT release from MGM/Turner/Warner Bros. but enough is enough already...obviously there is no big plans for any EOT deluxe DVD release anytime soon (and the 40th anniversary of the film would have been the perfect time to do it obviously) so Ernst might as well start releasing the audio from those shows to the fans through the FTD label. Perhaps the excitement generated by the fans from EOT releases on the FTD label will spur the movie companies to do something with the EOT footage??

TCB!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Quinn View Post
    Latest news on the March FTD releases:

http://www.elvismatters.be/index.php...nieuws&id=5920

Brian
    Definitely an interesting mix there!!

The HIS HAND IN MINE 2-LP set wasn't really any big surprise...I figured they would release that one sooner or later. Same goes for the ON STAGE album, although I do have to say that I am pleased that FTD chose to release all of the remaining live material from the shows that were recorded as opposed to just cherry-picking the "best" performances. So I am definitely interested in hearing those...

But the one I am most intrigued about is the OUR MEMORIES OF ELVIS release. First, I have to wonder why they didn't release this in the 7-inch format since it is a "Classic Album" after all? But the fact that FTD is including the songs that were prepared for the failed Vol. 3 album along with the other 6 previously unreleased songs is excellent news!! Certainly this is an album which has appeal to only certain Elvis fans, but when I was a young, new Elvis fan back when OUR MEMORIES OF ELVIS first came out, this was a favorite album of mine so for me, this is a stroll down memory lane! I haven't heard this album in years, so for me personally, I am excited about its release!!

TCB!
    Mike

I would love the OUR MEMORIES set, as i missed the VICTROLA release, this looks really good ...........

I'm looking forward to 'Our Memories', and will probably get On Stage....despite having several cd's on this era....he was at the top of his game
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Definitely an interesting mix there!!

The HIS HAND IN MINE 2-LP set wasn't really any big surprise...I figured they would release that one sooner or later. Same goes for the ON STAGE album, although I do have to say that I am pleased that FTD chose to release all of the remaining live material from the shows that were recorded as opposed to just cherry-picking the "best" performances. So I am definitely interested in hearing those...

But the one I am most intrigued about is the OUR MEMORIES OF ELVIS release. First, I have to wonder why they didn't release this in the 7-inch format since it is a "Classic Album" after all? But the fact that FTD is including the songs that were prepared for the failed Vol. 3 album along with the other 6 previously unreleased songs is excellent news!! Certainly this is an album which has appeal to only certain Elvis fans, but when I was a young, new Elvis fan back when OUR MEMORIES OF ELVIS first came out, this was a favorite album of mine so for me, this is a stroll down memory lane! I haven't heard this album in years, so for me personally, I am excited about its release!!

TCB!
    Mike
    Nice story Mike – 'Our Memories' has sort of a 'lost' album feel about it and I love the cover. "On Stage" too looks brilliant. Once again more fantastic releases from FTD...

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar

Oh, man! Very exciting news, this Our Memories of Elvis release! I must have missed that when I first read this post. I LOVE those LPs...I believe they may have been put on CD in the past by a fan club if memory serves but I do not have that. Really great material given a cool treatment IMO, and it will be neat to hear these bonus tracks as well. Bring it!

I'm actually really surprised by this. Being released two years after Elvis' passing, these titles weren't even on my radar as something they might revisit.
    Last edited by Lonniebealestreet; 01-30-2012 at 02:26 PM.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar

Most excited to hear His Hand In Mine, a true gem.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

While I agree that another FTD announcement has been made and no sign of anything from EOT is very disheartening, I am firmly convinced that the main RCA label will release the MSG show backed with the AFTERNOON IN THE GARDEN album for a 2-CD set in their LEGACY series to commemorate the 40th anniversary of those shows in June!

And I know Ernst has said he is holding on to the EOT material in hopes of releasing it in conjunction with an EOT release from MGM/Turner/Warner Bros. but enough is enough already...obviously there is no big plans for any EOT deluxe DVD release anytime soon (and the 40th anniversary of the film would have been the perfect time to do it obviously) so Ernst might as well start releasing the audio from those shows to the fans through the FTD label. Perhaps the excitement generated by the fans from EOT releases on the FTD label will spur the movie companies to do something with the EOT footage??

TCB!
    Mike
    Well to be honest I think the only thing that will spur Warners to actually take the time money and effort to release EOT in a truely special edition with more than a handfull of outtakes-would be a financial windfall at the end of we fans rainbow(EOTSE)
    Sony is holding out hoping that releasing the DVD SE of EOT would work together with the audio release to make the projects more of a success-each supporting the other.......unfortunately its good business sense.
    But Warners does not seem inclined at this moment to go that route so the business people at Sony are probably telling Ernst to hold off until Warners moves-viscious circle! (to use a Mac Davis line)
    Lets face it-last years release of EOT did not set the world on fire-I do not think it has reached Gold Status at RIAA not sure of how many copies were sold overseas. If sales had been a couple million US and a couple million overseas-I would bet the plans would have been in place quickly for a quality SE EOT with many extras to jack up the price.....that just did not happen.
    Sony and Warners are never going to be too worried about what the fans want-they hold the cards and can play them anyway they want
    since those same cards will be in their decks forever.
    We are getting the short deal-but from a business sense they are maximising their product.
    I know Todd Morgan said in 2007 that EPE had spoke to Warners about licensing TTWII and EOT in order to work on some truely SE of each with many outtakes such as Andrew Solt did with the Sullivan shows-but Warners declined.
    http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/dvd/..._on_tour.shtml
    Last edited by KPM; 02-03-2012 at 01:07 PM.
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Well to be honest I think the only thing that will spur Warners to actually take the time money and effort to release EOT in a truely special edition with more than a handfull of outtakes-would be a financial windfall at the end of we fans rainbow(EOTSE)
    Sony is holding out hoping that releasing the DVD SE of EOT would work together with the audio release to make the projects more of a success-each supporting the other.......unfortunately its good business sense.
    But Warners does not seem inclined at this moment to go that route so the business people at Sony are probably telling Ernst to hold off until Warners moves-viscious circle! (to use a Mac Davis line)
    Lets face it-last years release of EOT did not set the world on fire-I do not think it has reached Gold Status at RIAA not sure of how many copies were sold overseas. If sales had been a couple million US and a couple million overseas-I would bet the plans would have been in place quickly for a quality SE EOT with many extras to jack up the price.....that just did not happen.
    Sony and Warners are never going to be too worried about what the fans want-they hold the cards and can play them anyway they want
    since those same cards will be in their decks forever.
    We are getting the short deal-but from a business sense they are maximising their product.
    I know Todd Morgan said in 2007 that EPE had spoke to Warners about licensing TTWII and EOT in order to work on some truely SE of each with many outtakes such as Andrew Solt did with the Sullivan shows-but Warners declined.
    http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/dvd/..._on_tour.shtml
    As always, well put Ken!!

I know it's a "vicious cycle" as you put it, with Ernst hoping to coincide some audio releases with some sort of an EOT-SE project but still...at some point you would think that Ernst would realize that nothing is imminent in terms of a video release and would at least put something out from the EOT material to, at the very least, soothe the fans to hold out hope a little longer for some type of a video project. It's been a while since we were treated to the ON TOUR OUTTAKES FTD release, so I really don't see why Ernst couldn't put something else out now...

TCB!
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast