Thread: Great MSG footage-

Great MSG footage-

http://youtu.be/ZG25j5KqJy4
    Nice footage from MSG-but music used is Steamroller Blues from 74....still nice footage.
    Work in Progress!

Re: Great MSG footage-

nice footage and good version of Steamroller too

Thank you, great footage!

Very,very nice, thank you.

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar

Very nice have this somewhere thanks!
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

It's a real shame that more elvis concerts weren't filmed, I guess they didn't really knew how big he was while he was alive and how much money would they make on it today especially on MSG concert

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysack View Post
    It's a real shame that more elvis concerts weren't filmed, I guess they didn't really knew how big he was while he was alive and how much money would they make on it today especially on MSG concert
    Col. Parker had such a worry of over-exposure that he never wanted much concert footage filmed.....unless of course the price was right.
    He had such a hefty price tag attached to any project that many just never tried to approach him.
    Elvis toured so often how many great performances would we have today-if Parker himself had authorised a crew to film a few shows each tour?
    Work in Progress!

I thought the reason The Colonel did not want it filmed in NY was that he didn't trust the pro-shot footage getting out to bootleggers.
    I guess NY had a reputation for getting their hands on pro-shot movies or perhaps the real reason was that, The Colonel and Elvis weren't sure of how New Yorkers were going to accept Elvis. With the mentality that New York is a tough crowd to please.

I get the feeling at times that The Colonel would feed into Elvis' fears instead of reminding him of how great he was and it's ok to venture out.
    Steve Binder got that out of Elvis.

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Col. Parker had such a worry of over-exposure that he never wanted much concert footage filmed.....unless of course the price was right.
    He had such a hefty price tag attached to any project that many just never tried to approach him.
    Elvis toured so often how many great performances would we have today-if Parker himself had authorised a crew to film a few shows each tour?
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS_ View Post
    I thought the reason The Colonel did not want it filmed in NY was that he didn't trust the pro-shot footage getting out to bootleggers.
    I guess NY had a reputation for getting their hands on pro-shot movies or perhaps the real reason was that, The Colonel and Elvis weren't sure of how New Yorkers were going to accept Elvis. With the mentality that New York is a tough crowd to please.

I get the feeling at times that The Colonel would feed into Elvis' fears instead of reminding him of how great he was and it's ok to venture out.
    Steve Binder got that out of Elvis.
    I think you're both right guys!!

Actually, as far as the bootleggers getting a hold of the footage, I don't know if that bothered The Colonel as much as the fact that he wouldn't be getting a piece of the action if the bootleggers DID get a hold of the material and release it! THAT is what probably bothered The Colonel more about the bootleggers...

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!