Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Unknown 1976 song by Elvis (?) discovered

Re: Unknown 1976 song by Elvis (?) discovered

Not sure here... my initial reaction is that this was a DEMO intended to be sent to Elvis in hopes to be recorded by him. Listening to parts of the recording on the news cast doesn't really give us a good ear full to decide if this is or isn't Elvis. I have to admit, if you watched the entire video where they play more of the song toward the end, it does sound alot like Elvis. But, the songwriter could have found someone to mimic Elvis' vocal style. All in all, we'll probably never know.

Nathan Belt
    www.nathanbelt.com

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    Apparently those of you saying it's not Elvis didn't listen to the longer play at the end. But I'm not surprised that those so-called "Elvis experts" over there at FECC must think they're smarter than people who are actually PAID money to be professional voice experts who have gone to school for years studying it.
    OK. You've convinced me. It's him.

it's closer than that horrible Lisa Marie but for my ears it's not Elvis.
    While I respect `experts' in their field, in this case maybe a horde of Elvis fans with the same negative opinion would outweigh one official expert.

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

I went back to the article to listen to the song again. I read the comments at the bottom from Facebook. Here are some of the comments from the lady that is the lawyer in the video. She is really trying to defend herself. She said that the grand daughter was there when it was made. I wonder if any of the Mafia guys remember Elvis ever doing this song.

Violet Hinton comments:

I have heard the entire song. The two experts have heard the entire song I have to witnesses who were there who saw the song made. I have the cotracts and the copywrites for the song and a letter from the song writers guild. It was Elvis

The tape wil be sold to highes bidder with all the documentation.

You think you are an expert. I have the cotrcts and I had Crain's grand daughter listen to it and she was there when it was made. Sorry you don't know what you are talking about
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

Is Elvis alive? No!
    Is it Elvis on this tape? No!
    Me and Elvis
    it's a montage

After taking another listen to it using top notch headphones with audio coming out of a very good home theater system receiver, I am now 99% sure that it IS Elvis. The year may not be 1976 then again, it could be after all. The audio is copied from vinyl and is rough. The vocals are soft just the way Elvis would sing in a home recording. And the balance in the voice is IDENTICAL to Elvis' around that period of 73-76. I don't care what those nuts at FECC think or say, they are NOT by any means experts on Elvis or a human voice. The guy who did the test is a well respected voice expert and he says that there's no doubt in his mind. And I believe his word after hearing it for myself.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

Here's a snippet of the song in a longer format. The more I hear it the more I hear Elvis. And, keep in mind that on New Year's Eve of 1975 Elvis performed in Detroit, Michigan. And the tape is dated 1976. The pieces are coming together.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/entertainmen...s-presley-song

Well I don't know that I believe her.

Thanks for adding that link. Some of the words sound like Elvis and some don't. I want it to be him, but I just don't know. It would be nice to listen to the whole song, it would be easier to know then.

RIP Tommy

It's still hard to tell because the tape speed is not stable. I'm still thinking it's an Elvis sound alike that did a demo for the songwriter who was hoping to send it to Elvis.

Nathan Belt
    www.nathanbelt.com

I know. Some of those recordings where Red West is doing a demo for Elvis, he almost at times sounds a little like Elvis.

It almost sounds like Ronnie McDowell.

RIP Tommy

No........I don't think it's him.......
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Here's a snippet of the song in a longer format. The more I hear it the more I hear Elvis. And, keep in mind that on New Year's Eve of 1975 Elvis performed in Detroit, Michigan. And the tape is dated 1976. The pieces are coming together.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/entertainmen...s-presley-song
    The New Years Show was well chronicled and reported-and his time is well accounted for-there was no recording done before or after the show.
    Nor was any extension of time added to the stay for the show-I think that is pretty clear from all accounts.
    The "longer snippet did not change my mind"-when the words "love you" came at the end-I was sure it was not Elvis. (the longer snippet was really not much more)
    Supposedly, it is alleged, Elvis signed contracts with these gentleman at this studio-come on??? Elvis never signed anything associated with music that the Colonel did not negotiate or have knowledge of.....it just never happened.
    The Colonel had warned Elvis a few years earlier about doing anything for anyone outside the approved process and Elvis had listened. (unfortunately he listened to well)
    The song is not registered with any music publishing company that the Colonel used in conjuntion with songs Elvis sang.
    There is no record of Elvis in the 70s recording for anyone in Detroit.
    RCA has no knowledge of this alleged session in its records.
    The estate has no knowledge of this alleged session.
    Out of 1000s of books/projects written in the last 34 years-not one mentions a mystery session, for a mystery producer, at a mystery studio in Detroit.

Not one insider Red, Sonny, Joe, Jerry,Charlie, Lamar, the Stanleys, etc....no girlfriends...no family have mentioned a surprise visit to a studio to suddenly decide to record with someone that has never been heard of in association with Elvis anywhere-until now.
    Lets be realistic-where are the details of how this all came about-without a single mention in any book since he died..... or any newspaper in 1975-76 (or whatever date they say this is from) This would have been big news for this studio and Detroit back then-why was it not reported somewhere.
    When Elvis died-why did this producer not come forward and say
    "I have an unreleased song by Elvis",
    and get in on the huge sales event that happened in 77-81 for anything Elvis?
    Surely he did not forget something this spectacular having happened in his studio just a year or so earlier?
    This is just not plausible.
    Its not like the second Roustabout song which had a direct logical connection to Elvis and plausible explaination for being lost.
    Or the "12th of Never" song which came from a logical rehearsal scenario with many insiders knowing it had been done and no explaination was really necessary.
    This has none of the logical credentials of those songs.
    Work in Progress!

Good summary KPM

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    The New Years Show was well chronicled and reported-and his time is well accounted for-there was no recording done before or after the show.
    Nor was any extension of time added to the stay for the show-I think that is pretty clear from all accounts.
    The "longer snippet did not change my mind"-when the words "love you" came at the end-I was sure it was not Elvis. (the longer snippet was really not much more)
    Supposedly, it is alleged, Elvis signed contracts with these gentleman at this studio-come on??? Elvis never signed anything associated with music that the Colonel did not negotiate or have knowledge of.....it just never happened.
    The Colonel had warned Elvis a few years earlier about doing anything for anyone outside the approved process and Elvis had listened. (unfortunately he listened to well)
    The song is not registered with any music publishing company that the Colonel used in conjuntion with songs Elvis sang.
    There is no record of Elvis in the 70s recording for anyone in Detroit.
    RCA has no knowledge of this alleged session in its records.
    The estate has no knowledge of this alleged session.
    Out of 1000s of books/projects written in the last 34 years-not one mentions a mystery session, for a mystery producer, at a mystery studio in Detroit.

Not one insider Red, Sonny, Joe, Jerry,Charlie, Lamar, the Stanleys, etc....no girlfriends...no family have mentioned a surprise visit to a studio to suddenly decide to record with someone that has never been heard of in association with Elvis anywhere-until now.
    Lets be realistic-where are the details of how this all came about-without a single mention in any book since he died..... or any newspaper in 1975-76 (or whatever date they say this is from) This would have been big news for this studio and Detroit back then-why was it not reported somewhere.
    When Elvis died-why did this producer not come forward and say
    "I have an unreleased song by Elvis",
    and get in on the huge sales event that happened in 77-81 for anything Elvis?
    Surely he did not forget something this spectacular having happened in his studio just a year or so earlier?
    This is just not plausible.
    Its not like the second Roustabout song which had a direct logical connection to Elvis and plausible explaination for being lost.
    Or the "12th of Never" song which came from a logical rehearsal scenario with many insiders knowing it had been done and no explaination was really necessary.
    This has none of the logical credentials of those songs.

Maybe it was done as a personal favor for someone. Elvis was known for his generosity. Also, that same song title has been rumored to have been a "lost song" recorded by Elvis around '77 or was rumored to have been included on his next recording session in October of '77, which obviously never happened.

To say it is or isn't Elvis without any proof to back that, and especially after a well known forensic expert says he's 100% sure it is Elvis, is arrogant in my book. So, does that mean that if and when it gets released by Sony on a special album that you and others won't be in line to buy it?

When, and if, it sees the light of day as an official Elvis record I would buy it and concede to you that I am wrong.
    But I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen.

If, and its a BIG IF, its Elvis, my guess is he recorded this as a favour to someone who had sent him the song, that being the case i dont believe its 76, its gotta be more 72/73 inbetween tours maybe ?

Maybe it was done as a personal favor for someone. Elvis was known for his generosity. Also, that same song title has been rumored to have been a "lost song" recorded by Elvis around '77 or was rumored to have been included on his next recording session in October of '77, which obviously never happened. To say it is or isn't Elvis without any proof to back that, and especially after a well known forensic expert says he's 100% sure it is Elvis, is arrogant in my book. So, does that mean that if and when it gets released by Sony on a special album that you and others won't be in line to buy it?
    From what source?
    To say it is Elvis-on the flimsiest of proof- because a "well known forensic expert" from Detroit and a producers family "NEVER HEARD OF IN RELATION TO ELVIS" ever say it is-thats light in logic-long on hope.
    This song just does not make sense-Elvis did a personal favor for who? Elvis disobeyed contracts with RCA and the Col for who?
    Elvis signed a contract with this person-as a favor for who-in total reversal of his established music business practice-and all of this had to be done in short time? Come on lets be real-I hate pie in the sky things like this that are obviously (as of now) totally lacking in fact or detail-but some rush to say IT has to be him!
    Work in Progress!

The professionals can test this voice, against Elvis' voice and the tale will be told......truth or not. I wish it were so.

Thank you very much for the article Nathan my friend.

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    The professionals can test this voice, against Elvis' voice and the tale will be told......truth or not. I wish it were so.Thank you very much for the article Nathan my friend.
    Exactly my feelings-I would love that every song that has been claimed to be Elvis in the last 34 years-would have been.
    But as of now and the little bit of info and snippets of the song-I say it will end up being untrue.
    But if it is-truth will will out.
    Work in Progress!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast