Thread: Lisa Marie bans former IL Governor from Graceland for life

Lisa Marie bans former IL Governor from Graceland for life

Wow!! Very impressed with Lisa standing up for her dad like this.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward...130784193.html
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

TCB Mafia

Re: Lisa Marie bans former IL Governor from Graceland for life

Sounds like a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by rocknroll View Post
    Sounds like a joke.
    Not a joke.

International Level spanish eyes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    Wow!! Very impressed with Lisa standing up for her dad like this.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward...130784193.html

I like Lisa she does stand up for her Dad she even wrote a beautiful song for him.
    http://www.videolog.tv/video.php?id=340274

The Don't Cry Daddy duet was the closest Lisa could get to singing with her Dad, I found it beautiful and touching, they sounded so good together.
    Last edited by spanish eyes; 09-30-2011 at 05:14 AM.
    You ask how long I love you, I'll tell you true,
    until the Twelfth of Never, I'll still be loving you

LIF

Quote Originally Posted by spanish eyes View Post
    I like Lisa she does stand up for her Dad she even wrote a beautiful song for him.
    http://www.videolog.tv/video.php?id=340274

The Don't Cry Daddy duet was the closest Lisa could get to singing with her Dad, I found it beautiful and touching, they sounded so good together.
    I agree with you 100%

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar

Lisa should be more like her dad & stay out of politics, however if Blagojevich has been quoted correctly and he has said the following

Quote Originally Posted by Blagojevich
    "I donít just listen to Love Me Tender. I listen to bootlegs of Vegas shows when Elvis was so bloated and sedated he could barely gasp out the words to ĎAll Shook Up."
    You can see he is not a very nice person by using the terminolgy he is using.

what an a*se...............good for her!!!!!!
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

She should ban all scientologists also.

not likely, as she's one herself.............
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

People who know Lisa that knew Elvis say her views are virtually what his were. So I think by seeing Lis's views gives us a better understand what Elvis might have thought of the same issues.

People who know Lisa that knew Elvis say her views are virtually what his were. So I think by seeing Lis's views gives us a better understand what Elvis might have thought of the same issues.

I'm curious where you have heard that as I've heard the exact opposite.

I Agree with her on this one... Now, Lisa how about all that cheap ridiculous memorabilia and impersonactors, wouldn't be clever to take some actions to avoid new generations relate Elvis with that crap?

Hasn't the story being told, that Elvis visited the Scientology centre in LA.......and decided it 'definitely' wasn't for him?

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar

Interesting comment, I don't believe for one minute that they are anything like the same, Elvis was humble and kept his opinions to himself wheras LMP is brash and outspoken. That said their political opions might be the same but Elvis would never have voiced them in public

Quote Originally Posted by debtdbruno View Post
    Hasn't the story being told, that Elvis visited the Scientology centre in LA.......and decided it 'definitely' wasn't for him?
    And that's a polite way to recall what Elvis thought.

No disrespect with any scientologist around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    Lisa should be more like her dad & stay out of politics, however if Blagojevich has been quoted correctly and he has said the following

You can see he is not a very nice person by using the terminolgy he is using.
    This man was our Gov. here in Illinois-and he was the worst Gov. we ever had in my lifetime(if not the states history)
    He gave paper budgets which had no chance of living up to his "interpretation of the figures" and our state is now about 8 billion short yearly because of his creative accounting and the huge economic downturn in 08.
    His language on FBI tapes is gutter/street at its worst-his trying to get something for President Obamas Senate seat is abhorent and as far away from his oath to serve the people as a politican can get. Then as he has been going thru the various trials for his crimes in office-he has made a mockery of the process.
    You are correct he is not a nice person.
    Work in Progress!

I meant that they say that her political and human rights views are the same as his were, as in not prejudice or judgmental towards other cultures. Lisa has been more vocal towards social issues than her dad was. But let's also be real here. Colonel Parker made Elvis stay quiet too. I like the fact that she is in protection mode of her father's image and legacy. She has no control over what is sold at Graceland but she does over who goes there that she doesn't approve of.

At least she didn't compare Obama to Hitler like Hank Williams Jr. did this week on Fox news. ESPN pulled his Monday Night Football anthem now because of it.

Backstage Pass

I think the whole thing is ridiculous,,,we have freedom of speech so I sure don't think Lisa has the power to say what a person can sing. Secondly, the man is going to jail..not Graceland.
    While I agree that Blago is bad,,,he's the fall guy IMO. And Ryan was worse too.
    He was convicted of steering state contracts and leases, including a $25 million IBM computer deal, to political insiders while he was Illinois secretary of state in the 1990s and then governor for one term. In return, he got vacations in Jamaica, Cancun and Palm Springs, and gifts ranging from a golf bag to $145,000 in loans to his brother's floundering business.
    Plus that tragic accident where 6 children died from on family.

Backstage Pass

Just curious, did you have a problem with it when The Dixie Chicks did the same (to Bush) at an overseas Concert??