Thread: Sideburns & Hair

Sideburns & Hair

I am wondering a long time if Elvis used something for his sideburns and his hair in the late 60's and 70's. Did he just have very good facial hair that grew straight and made the sideburns bushy but clean or did he straighten it somehow? Even in some pics it seems that he had some sort of a step cut in his sideburns. Does anyone know more? I couldn't find a good answer so far, but I am sorry if there's already a similar post.

TCB

John

Re: Sideburns & Hair

Really no one...? Maybe one of the ETA's around here can help me?

Well, it' obvious that he tried to change his burns and hairstyle a bit throughout the '70s but sometimes it was horrible and simply
    untidy. Like in late '76. I hate his hairdo in that particular period because it looked as if he really didn't care about it at all. My favorite periods from that era are Aug 1970, summer and fall of 1972, the Aloha show, Vegas 1974 August, July tour of 1975 and his last tour 1977, maybe Rapid City. As for the grooming of his hair and burns I have no further info. Maybe we should ask Larry Geller or Dick Grob about that... Interesting question.
    Poke a little sock salad...

Well, does anyone have contact informations from Larry oder Dick? A little help would be appreciated.

TCB

Well I started wearing sideburns around 2 months ago. It's no big deal. I had beard for 6 years and now I decided to have the Elvis sideburns 68/69 era. Just find a good old school barber and a picture and that's it. Go every month, month and half to keep them neat and that's it.During that time you can put a little bit of some light not too strong gel and get an extra comb to style them when you need and that's pretty much it.

Hi Kajo

Thank you for your reply. Have you ever noticed how long Elvis's sideburns hair were? Do you wear them the same length? For example Shawn Klush has the right form, but he wears them short. How about you? No problems with curled hair when they're (too) long)?

TCB

John

No I don't wear them that long cause Elvis wore them almost to his chin when I came home like that the first time my wife was pissed and sent me back to the barber to shorten them a bit so they are a bit shorter now but not too too much. Yes they are the exact same shape as Elvis had them. Have no problem with curly hair btw.I guess if youre's become curly more often you go to the barber more often every two weeks until you learn how to trim them yourself.

When Elvis was feeling good and healthy, everything about him was sharp, especially his physical appearance and grooming.