Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32

Thread: Elvis : Fashion For A King - Book Review

  1. #21
    Cadillac King
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    258

    Re: Elvis : Fashion For A King - Book Review

    if you look in google images for Elvis' Jack Lord belt you'll find a fairly good picture of it
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jack lord belt.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	52355

  2. #22
    International Level my boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    On a jet to the promised land...
    Posts
    575

    Re: Elvis : Fashion For A King - Book Review

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyJackson View Post
    if you look in google images for Elvis' Jack Lord belt you'll find a fairly good picture of it
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jack lord belt.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	52355
    That's some beauty...

    Thanks

  3. #23
    Backstage Pass
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    110

    Re: Elvis : Fashion For A King - Book Review

    story in the book on the Jack Lord is incorrect.

  4. #24
    International Level my boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    On a jet to the promised land...
    Posts
    575

    Re: Elvis : Fashion For A King - Book Review

    Quote Originally Posted by merry77 View Post
    story in the book on the Jack Lord is incorrect.
    Can you give us the correct story?

  5. #25
    Backstage Pass
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    110

    Re: Elvis : Fashion For A King - Book Review

    it will be in another boook.

  6. #26
    Mad Tigers
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    26

    Re: Elvis : Fashion For A King - Book Review

    Here is the story merry77, a few years back I heard another storry that Jack Lord had the belt made to Elvis. I think the story from:
    http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/jack..._presley.shtml is more likely true.

  7. #27
    International Level my boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    On a jet to the promised land...
    Posts
    575

    Re: Elvis : Fashion For A King - Book Review

    Nineteen seventy four was an eventful year for the King- here's some more pics from the book, mostly from '74 ––

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1060368.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	52377
    This shot from '73 has been seen many times but looks fantastic in the book.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1060370.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	52379

    Familiar image but never better here.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1060378.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	52380
    A famous suit from '74.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1060373.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	52381
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1060376.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	52382
    Stunning suit & belt.

    I can't get enough of the book; with so many fantastic images it's hard to put down, faults and all...

  8. #28
    With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The Empire State
    Posts
    9,609

    Re: Elvis : Fashion For A King - Book Review

    Quote Originally Posted by my boy View Post
    Nineteen seventy four was an eventful year for the King- here's some more pics from the book, mostly from '74 ––

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1060368.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	52377
    This shot from '73 has been seen many times but looks fantastic in the book.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1060370.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	52379

    Familiar image but never better here.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1060378.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	52380
    A famous suit from '74.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1060373.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	52381
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1060376.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	52382
    Stunning suit & belt.

    I can't get enough of the book; with so many fantastic images it's hard to put down, faults and all...
    Wish my copy would hurry up and get here...

    TCB!
    Mike


    TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!


  9. #29
    International Level my boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    On a jet to the promised land...
    Posts
    575

    Re: Elvis : Fashion For A King - Book Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76 View Post
    Wish my copy would hurry up and get here...

    TCB!
    Mike
    You're in for a treat when it does.

    Cheers

  10. #30
    Backstage Pass
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    110

    Re: Elvis : Fashion For A King - Book Review

    even that story doesn't fit. Elvis wore the belt in November 1972 and no more after that. So why would he start wearing it in 1973?
    Wait for the book that will show all.

  11. #31
    With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The Empire State
    Posts
    9,609

    Re: Elvis : Fashion For A King - Book Review

    Quote Originally Posted by my boy View Post
    You're in for a treat when it does.

    Cheers
    I know!!! Just wish the darn thing would show up...

    TCB!
    Mike


    TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!


  12. #32
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    7

    Re: Elvis : Fashion For A King - Book Review

    Quote Originally Posted by my boy View Post
    Thanks Mike
    Hi my name is Hugh,been a fan all my life,this book is total crap,I really feel let down by FTD here.I'm a jumpsuit nut,I was so looking forward to this book.It's high time fans stopped being taken in by substandard releases.No photo's worth taking about of the suits today,they should have taken photo's every suit today,in the various locations,so we could see the suits as they are now,plus a photo of Elvis wearing the outfit and it's history.Very poor book,shabby really,badly written too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Alternate FTD Fashion For A King
    By rosan santos in forum (alternate) Artwork discussion and Work-In-Progress
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-08-2012, 11:47 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-30-2011, 11:10 AM
  3. Fashion For A King
    By Elvis.com in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-20-2011, 11:26 AM
  4. Fashion For A King
    By Elvis.com in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-09-2011, 05:18 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-22-2007, 06:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •