Thread: Emmy Awards Special Tribute to Elvis Presleys 68 Comeback Special

Emmy Awards Special Tribute to Elvis Presleys 68 Comeback Special

The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences along with producer Spike Jones, Jr. have announced presenters for the 2011 Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards along with a special tribute to Elvis Presley’s ’68 Comeback Special.

Priscilla Presley along with Steve Binder , Emmy Award winning producer and director of "Elvis '68 Comeback Special," will be present for the brief tribute to the television special that helped re-launch the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll’s career.

The two will also present 4 statues during the Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards for Outstanding Technical Direction, Camerawork, Video Control For A Series; Outstanding Technical Direction, Camerawork, Video Control For A Miniseries, Movie Or A Special; Outstanding Lighting Design/Lighting Direction For A Variety, Music, Or Comedy Series; Outstanding Lighting Design/Lighting Direction For A Variety, Music, Or Comedy Special.

Presenters for the Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards also include Jon Cryer & Chuck Lorre (Two and a Half Men), Connie Britton & Jason Katims (Friday Night Lights), Mitzi Gaynor & Bob Mackie (Mitzi Roaring in the 20s), Alison Brie & Dan Harmon (Community), Phil Keoghan & Bertram Van Munster (The Amazing Race), Noah Wyle & Robert Rodat (Falling Skies), Nick Tweed Simmons & Gene Simmons (Gene Simmons: Family Jewels), Kiernan Shipka & Matthew Weiner (Mad Men) and Jeff Probst & Mark Burnett (Survivor).

The Primetime Creative Arts Emmys will be held on Saturday, September 10, at the Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE in Los Angeles. The awards will air September 17, at 8:00pm ET and 8:00pm PT on REELZCHANNEL.

Re: Emmy Awards Special Tribute to Elvis Presleys 68 Comeback Special

very nice, it's a fitting tribute, the whole show while it has aged a bit is a pivotal event in rock history. The stand up and sit down shows are still mind blowing and If I Can Dream i think is an ageless song.
    I never looked for trouble but I never ran.

This awesome and only justice at what was the greatest rock & roll ever performed!

too **** right..................awesome show
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar

The format of the 68 Comeback special was basically the first unplugged session. It would be fitting if MTV would acknowledge that and broadcast the sitting-down part of this special primetime (if only once).

The 68 Special drew quite a big number of viewers when broadcasted and got a lot of media attention and rave reviews.
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

well said Albert!!!!
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Backstage Pass

Why does his crazy ex-wife have to be participating. It should be Lisa.
    When are people going to stop this insanity. She divorced him for gosh sakes. Taking care of finances is one thing but she has no business being involved in things like this. What an attention ww***** she is. For gosh sakes, she was out screwing the dance teacher when he was doing this project. Gees.

Quote Originally Posted by LaurieT View Post
    Why does his crazy ex-wife have to be participating. It should be Lisa.
    When are people going to stop this insanity. She divorced him for gosh sakes. Taking care of finances is one thing but she has no business being involved in things like this. What an attention ww***** she is. For gosh sakes, she was out screwing the dance teacher when he was doing this project. Gees.

Laurie
    Supports I'm angry, I can not stand this woman!
    What she has to do with Elvis? Daughter ... Yeah
    I'll Remember You!!!

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

Well I think Lisa is terrified all the time to get in front of people and TV. Where as Priscilla likes the lime light all the time. I’m really surprised years ago that Priscilla didn’t except the award for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction, she let George Klein do it.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by King Of The Whole World View Post
    Well I think Lisa is terrified all the time to get in front of people and TV. Where as Priscilla likes the lime light all the time. I’m really surprised years ago that Priscilla didn’t except the award for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction, she let George Klein do it.
    I get that feeling also-she just seems ill at ease....not sure if its worries about comparisons to her dad, or her lack of confidence at live performance.
    Work in Progress!

you wouldn't think if she has confidence issues, that she's want to get up if front of an audience and sing...........

Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    The format of the 68 Comeback special was basically the first unplugged session. It would be fitting if MTV would acknowledge that and broadcast the sitting-down part of this special primetime (if only once).

The 68 Special drew quite a big number of viewers when broadcasted and got a lot of media attention and rave reviews.
    MTV has lost it's way, either that or I've just got older, what I thought was it, isn't it anymore, I'm gonna keep on rocking forever, forever, forever (Simpsons) jokes asides, I totally agree, MTV should broadcast it