Thread: Memphis Named One of America's Most Fun, Affordable Cities

Memphis Named One of America's Most Fun, Affordable Cities

A new article from*Bloomberg Businessweek takes a look at America's most fun and affordable cities, and Memphis is on the list! To compile the report, more than 6,000 zip codes were evaluated. The list features 25 cities with thriving tourism industries and a variety of restaurants and bars...

More...

Coming On Strong

Re: Memphis Named One of America's Most Fun, Affordable Cities

Lets face it, without the Elvis connection there is`nt that much going on in Memphis.

Re: Memphis Named One of America's Most Fun, Affordable Cities

Actually, Memphis has A LOT going for it as far as things to do that aren't Elvis related. Although, that wasn't the case prior to Graceland opening publicly in 1982. Since then, the Civil Rights Museum was created out of the old Lorraine Motel, Sun Studio became a museum, the Memphis zoo went from a community attraction to a national attraction after a $150 million expansion. The once dead downtown was redeveloped into a $1 billion entertainment district which included the development of the pro-style minor league baseball stadium-Autozone Park, the development of Peabody place entertainment complex, revitalizing of Beale Street including the WC Handy outdoor theater and now the development of Beale Street Landing (soon to be completed). The Marriott was built in downtown as was the Pyramid-now about to become the nation's largest Bass Pro Shop and entertainment complex. There's also the gorgeous FedExForum arena in downtown, home to the NBA's Memphis Grizzlies as well as the Rock & Soul Museum and Gibson Guitar Factory across the street.

Graceland is the top attraction in Memphis, but it's not the only thing to see and do.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/