Thread: Confirmed: New Heartbreak Hotel Is Coming!

Confirmed: New Heartbreak Hotel Is Coming!

From my sources in Memphis, two city council members have confirmed that EPE is indeed making preparations to build a new lavish Heartbreak Hotel next to the mansion. It won't be directly next door, but about 1,200 feet (about 400 yards) or so northward, at the site of the old Meadows apartment complex that is now demolished and boarded off by a huge iron fence. I am told that groundbreaking probably won't happen this year but will most likely begin in 2012. It's going to be an Elvis-themed luxury hotel with conference and metting space. Much nicer and bigger than the current one.

Stay tuned....
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

Re: Confirmed: New Heartbreak Hotel Is Coming!

sound good.............but we'll see!!!
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

I agree...definitely sounds like they are moving forward with the expansion plans but we'll see IF and WHEN it happens...

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

From my understanding is that they are going to hold off on a new visitor center/museum for a while and just focus on a new hotel for now and see how the economy works out before investing hundreds of millions into something that could eventually fail. They are also concerned with the UK's credit rating possibly dropping like the US recently did which could hurt future international tourism to Memphis. If that happens then they will be forced to turn their attention to the USA and locally by using new marketing strategies. A new luxury hotel could be the start of gaining interest into Elvis and Graceland from Americans that would otherwise not care.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

That certainly would be a prudent business plan...build the new hotel and see what happens, then go from there with other expansion plans.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that the hotel construction starts soon into the new year!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!