Thread: Going to Gracelands!

Going to Gracelands!

Hello everyone

I am going to Memphis next April for a week and have pre booked my hotels. I am staying in the Springhill Suites downtown for 4 nights. Then onto Nashville for 2 nights staying at the Hermitage Hotel (Downtown). Then back to memphis and staying in the Heartbreak hotel for the last night. I have already booked these hotles on advice from certain websites but would welcome any comments from people that have stayed in them.

Thanks

Concho
    tcb
    ? ?Til we meet you again, may God bless you. Adios.?
    -Said in 1977 at the end of a concert during his last tour.

Haven't stayed in any of those hotels. Only visited the Heartbreak hotel, which looked very nice. But he you wont stay for long in your hotel room, to much to see

Cadillac King
    Annies right.....the more time you spend in your hotel, the less time you get to spend out and about.....Nashville for 2 days, lucky you, great place. I sat up in the top area for quite a while at the 'Grand Ol' Opry', just taking in the atmosphere. Studio B, also very memorable, the piano Elvis played....the list goes on. Take plenty of photographs. I took my digital camera as well as a 35mm, and I used both all the time. I can't wait until 2007.......
    Carolyn
    "Walk A Block In My Socks"

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    FIRST AND FOREMOST CONCHO....WELCOME TO THE TCB-FORUM!!! WE HOPE YOU HAVE FUN HERE!!

Got to agree with Annie on this one....while I did not stay at the Heartbreak Hotel either when I was last in Memphis, I really couldn't see spending the extra money to stay there when there is so much to see and do in Memphis! It is certainly a nice hotel to walk around in (which I did), to take in the atmosphere of the hotel....but with everything there is to see and do, I just couldn't see justifying the extra expense to stay at the Heartbreak Hotel when I knew I wouldn't be in the room very long....of course, there is indeed the novelty of staying at the hotel and maybe on my next trip, like you, I will splurge and stay for a night just to see how much fun it is!!

But I hope you have a GREAT time in Memphis, and of course, I hope you'll share your experiences from your trip here on the board when you get back!!!

WELCOME AGAIN!!
    TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Quote Originally Posted by carolynlm
    I can't wait until 2007.......
    Me too, already saving money for the trip, we definitly have to do some stuff together again!!!!!!!!! I want to make some b/w pictures to then, forgot all about it this year.

I hope you have a great time when you go. I went to Memphis for my first time this year and we chose the Heartbreak Hotel for the one and only night we were there. My kids loved it and it was worth doing it for the sake of being able to say we had done it

Next time though, by the time we save up again will be a coupleof years away, we'll be without our kids and will stay downtown Memphis.

Best wishes,

Derek

Have a great time!! I hope to visit there someday!!

Thanks

Thanks for all your replies. I really appreciate it and I cant wait to go.

Thanks again

I love you all

Concho
    ? ?Til we meet you again, may God bless you. Adios.?
    -Said in 1977 at the end of a concert during his last tour.