Thread: EPE Takes Legal Action Against Global Bootleg Ring

EPE Takes Legal Action Against Global Bootleg Ring

In February 2011, Elvis Presley Enterprises took swift action to stop the commercial sale and distribution of a DVD/CD set which included recordings and audiovisual footage of Elvis Presley concert performances. Working with a...

Link To Original Article

Re: EPE Takes Legal Action Against Global Bootleg Ring

If I were EPE I would want to not just stop all the films of Elvis but my goal would be to own those 8mm & vhs tapes.
    We all many of those films are just golden moments of Elvis the performer and some are excellent clear footage-then you make a deal with Sony to put sync the proper music with the films which have whole song performances(or edited performances of the same song from differing shows) and then enhance the footage to make it as crystal as possible... then you have new film and music to use in promotions, videos, DVDS perhaps even a new concert film with the best of the fan films used.
    Since they have started stopping the boots, the point should not just to control the Elvis image but also be to acquire the footage for promotion of Elvis.
    Work in Progress!

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    If I were EPE I would want to not just stop all the films of Elvis but my goal would be to own those 8mm & vhs tapes.
    We all many of those films are just golden moments of Elvis the performer and some are excellent clear footage-then you make a deal with Sony to put sync the proper music with the films which have whole song performances(or edited performances of the same song from differing shows) and then enhance the footage to make it as crystal as possible... then you have new film and music to use in promotions, videos, DVDS perhaps even a new concert film with the best of the fan films used.
    Since they have started stopping the boots, the point should not just to control the Elvis image but also be to acquire the footage for promotion of Elvis.

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

The problem with that is that Sony only has audio tapes to the MSG shows that were'n't officially filmed.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    The problem with that is that Sony only has audio tapes to the MSG shows that were'n't officially filmed.
    Well they have plenty of soundboards from plenty of other shows I was not speaking of only MSG shows I was speaking of the hundreds of hours of film that has been booted for year-with substandard picture and audio. Some of that footage is outstanding in picture-but has terrible audio, some of it has great audio but terrible video. As I said-you then make a deal with Sony to use the audio, they make royaltees on the audio used, EPE makes money on the videos used and Elvis is promoted by....ELVIS.
    The Lovin Feeling 1971 footage is a great example of video and audio of great quality-that showcases Elvis the exciting performer. Those are the films I am speaking about. There is plenty of excellent to fair quality videos from many years of the 70s that could be utilized.
    This should be fairly easy to purchase from the people doing the boots, since it was illegal to film or tape Elvis at his concerts. (even though obviously a lot of folks did it)
    Those are gold waiting to be mined.
    Work in Progress!

Well they have plenty of soundboards from plenty of other shows I was not speaking of only MSG shows I was speaking of the hundreds of hours of film that has been booted for year-with substandard picture and audio. Some of that footage is outstanding in picture-but has terrible audio, some of it has great audio but terrible video. As I said-you then make a deal with Sony to use the audio, they make royaltees on the audio used, EPE makes money on the videos used and Elvis is promoted by....ELVIS.
    The Lovin Feeling 1971 footage is a great example of video and audio of great quality-that showcases Elvis the exciting performer. Those are the films I am speaking about. There is plenty of excellent to fair quality videos from many years of the 70s that could be utilized.
    This should be fairly easy to purchase from the people doing the boots, since it was illegal to film or tape Elvis at his concerts. (even though obviously a lot of folks did it)
    Those are gold waiting to be mined.
    I agree with what you're saying to an exent. Although I don't see Sony nor EPE making an effort to do this. You would think that both would want to capitalize off of additional sales as much as possible, but that's not the case. The footage of YLTLF was really good and clear. However, the audio was from the NY shows a year later thus not matching with the actual footage. If Sony did try this it would be seen by many as fake. To us fans, it's as close as we'll ever come to seeing a real Elvis concert not meant for tv.

I like many fans have always bought bootleg cd's and videos over the years , the reason being they supplied much that E.P.E were and still are lacking in . Lets face it many fans were excited and bought TFC set because it was something they really wanted and was presented in a way it should be. E.P.E need to wake up and realise that ELVIS PRESLEY did not die in 68 , there are many ol fans and young fans and many comming up who will want and need to see those super 8mm concert films and rough cut outakes , soundboards etc.. It is time they get a true ELVIS fan on their marketing to advise them what fans really want. I don't know about you but i'm tired of the same ol movie clips and lousy docs they make, i mean why not make an interesting doc about ELVIS the performer using super 8mm film from fans collectors who are willing to let you for a price- AAH thats right E.P.E doesn't believe in paying for anything , and they prefer to make key chains, ducks and all that other sh... I say THANK YOU , THANK YOU TO ALL THE BOOTERS over the years who took the risk of bringing us great stuff over the years i hope it continues for many more as i still have some shelf space left.

I think they should hire the bootleggers and work with them
    _________
    there is no snooze button on a cat that wants breakfast.

Nina's Elvis blogs: http://ntrygg.wordpress.com/elvis-index/

Quote Originally Posted by monk37 View Post
    I think they should hire the bootleggers and work with them
    BINGO!!!! We have a winner!