Thread: Book Or Movie that takes you back to a special time and place

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar

Book Or Movie that takes you back to a special time and place

The title says it, is there a book and or movie that you once saw or read, that you love coming back to nowadays. If so what and why do you love it so much.

For me book wise, it is Revelations Of The Memphis Mafia, I've read it twice now and the last time was days before Lamar Fike passed on I finished it and when I heard the knews he passed it saddened me deeply. That book is special to me because I think for the most part it is written out of love for a man they all deeply loved and admired. So many funny stories, I would sit up late reading into the night passages from Lamar Fike and would just laugh out loud of some of the funny stuff the MM and EP would get into during the movie years, or while out on tour in the 1970's.

Its a long one, and its a great one. Not all funny though, some very sad stories aswell, but when I complete it time after time I have an even more understanding and appreciation of the man we all know to love Elvis Aaron Presley.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Re: Book Or Movie that takes you back to a special time and place

First time I saw anh Elvis movie - TTWII at my local drive=in. I was hooked.

I would say seeing Blue Hawaii at the drive in in 1962, I recall how I thought "man that guy is so cool".
    I would also say seeing TTWII at an indoor theater in 1970 stands out just like it does for Rick-having never seen Elvis's new act I was blown away how good he was, how great he looked!
    Work in Progress!

seeing the trailer for TTWII in theatre , i was 17 and i just had to see this movie and when i did it started a long life obsession with the GREATEST ENTERTAINER EVER! From that moment on i got to writing every fan club i could and contacting SUE WEINGART of the blue hawaians fan club[she is in the original movie] and ask her how i could get photos, she amazed me by sending me a set of 2 8x10 pics that she took herself , from there it just took off and i havn't regreted it since.

This is Elvis. It was 1988, I was 8 years old, my mom gave me that VHS as a birthday present, a bit concerned that I wanted that instead of more typical kids stuff. I worned out that tape.

The Blue Suede Shoes scene from the '68 comback special. That was like the Rock and Roll revelation to me. That defined my conception about what rock music is all about.

My first Elvis Monthly magazines,and my 1962 Elvis Special Book,all pages still intact,