Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poor Sound Quality on FTD's Follow That Dream

Backstage Pass

Exclamation Poor Sound Quality on FTD's Follow That Dream

Doesn't everyone find the sound quality on the new FTD Follow That Dream release extremely poor? All the alternate takes of Follow That Dream are bad....Take 2 sounds the worst sounding one....Angel Stereo Take 7 is really bad too! Is FTD going to correct this or have the Master Takes been badly mishandled? At times it sounds as if the tape was stretched in places. Anyone have any info on this or any comments from FTD/BMG?

I gotta agree Deke .... its not upto Ernsts normal standard in fact im playing Keep following that Dream much more .... i think its got the edge over the official release !

Backstage Pass
    Thanks for the reply; I was beginning to think I was the only one that thought this.....as some have the sound rated really high....and often complain over very simple things...and I for one think this presentation of these tracks should be the very best!

I only did listen to it in the car yet, so I have a listen on the headphones and let you know.

Cadillac King
    This topic was raised on another MB as well. I've listened to my copy repeatedly w/ and w/o headphones and I don't hear the "problems" on my copy. I'm not saying they don't exist on yours. Just that I don't have them on mine.

Unhappy

This FTD has not gone down well on the mbs i go to, over all.

Yet the other release KID GALAHAD,has nothing but good reviews .

KEV.
    HELLO,I MUST BE GOING.

SAM...it"s been a privilege to be called your best mate.17.03.55 - 24.01.08

http://www.gould68.freeserve.co.uk/HankGarlandBio.html

Backstage Pass
    the Background vocals and music drag (sluggish in places); the piano even sounds sluggish and off key in spots; All the alternate takes of "Follow That Dream" are off to some degree with or without headphones. Jerry....I am curious about your copy....if you can compare the sound of Take 2 "Follow That Dream from some other release and see if you notice a difference. I played the new FTD version for someone else and they did not notice it until I pointed out the differences. I am so curious what Ernst has to say about this quality problem....surely he would notice this!

Cadillac King
    Deke: I'll compare it to the Double Features version when I get a chance. But since we will be into the run up to Christmas this week it's not at the top of my to do list.

Backstage Pass
    I can understand that Jerry.....Happy Holidays to you!

Backstage Pass
    There are several on the FECC forum board that have brought this problem up; apparently there is a problem with the mastering; It is awlful that these cd's cost so much and the quality of this one is so bad. BMG has released some of these versions before in so much better sound. I hope Ernst will speack out on what went wrong with this release.

Question

As i wrote on that tread,when SO HIGH came out first,bmg reissued it with the problem fixed...take note that it only had the one problem.

I myself have not got the FTD cd,but i would hope they would fix this as well,as it had more faults than the SO HIGH cd...we will see.Things are very quite on this front?.

KEV.
    HELLO,I MUST BE GOING.

SAM...it"s been a privilege to be called your best mate.17.03.55 - 24.01.08

http://www.gould68.freeserve.co.uk/HankGarlandBio.html

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    I haven't had a chance to listen to the alternate takes on FOLLOW THAT DREAM yet....I did listen to the master recordings, and thought they sounded very good! I'll have to make some time here soon to really sit and listen to the alternate takes to see if I notice the same problems that others are experiencing!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Gave it spin in the car today again, but cant hear anything wrong with it. Maybe during the holidays I have time to give it quite listen at home.

Fecc

Quote Originally Posted by Deke Rivers
    There are several on the FECC forum board that have brought this problem up; apparently there is a problem with the mastering; It is awlful that these cd's cost so much and the quality of this one is so bad. BMG has released some of these versions before in so much better sound. I hope Ernst will speack out on what went wrong with this release.
    Hi,deke,how does one get on this FECC web
    LETS BE FRIENDS!

Backstage Pass
    Geordie,
    You need to visit this great and informing web site "www.elvis-collectors.com". It is where you can join the forum. It is run by Willem and friends and is a fantastic site!
    Deke

International Level
    I haven't got this one yet, and i might not get it, even though i love this movie soundtrack, i might just pass this one up,

but i well be buying some of the live concert cds they put out, even though i love studio music, but now i have been injoying his concert's,

only studio music i get when they put them out into box set's.
    Curtis Simpkins

Long Live Vinyl. :worthy:

Backstage Pass
    This would be a great cd to have if it were not for the poor quality mastering.

Cadillac King
    Deke: After comparing Angel(take 7, stereo master) FTD version w/Double Features version I agree the FTD version drags SLIGHTLY. However, If it hadn't been pointed out, I never would have noticed. As far as the masters and the other outtakes are concerned I personally don't hear anything wrong with them. And I have listened with and w/o headphones to the point that I'm going to take a break from this soundtrack. If Ernst and company offer
    to exchange the "defective" copies I'll take one if the exchange process is hassle free. But if I have to send it back/pay postage, etc. then I'll keep what I have. The problem(s) isn't something I can't personally live with.

Quote Originally Posted by Deke Rivers
    Geordie,
    You need to visit this great and informing web site "www.elvis-collectors.com". It is where you can join the forum. It is run by Willem and friends and is a fantastic site!
    Deke
    cheers deke got onto the site 2 days ago
    LETS BE FRIENDS!

Backstage Pass
    Geordie....good going...hope you enjoy it!

Jerry...If it isn't corrected we will all have to live with this imperfection; I still can't believe that you do not find it that noticable as it stuck out like a sore thumb on my very first listen. I have since learned of others that noticed it right away also. With all the money we pump into the FTD's we deserve better care in the mastering process.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast