Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 might be the biggest year yet!

2012 might be the biggest year yet!

Alot is being planned for the BIG 35th Anniversary, from a motion picture biopic, to massive tv coverage and special programming, to new album projects including the aformentioned duets album to a possible US tour of Elvis The Concert, a traveling exhibit and even a possible massive all-star tribute concert. EP Week in Memphis is being projected as the largest gathering ever for an anniversary week. EPE is going all out to make sure visitors will be comfortable and out of the heat this time that they are bringing in a large temporary mobile indoor air conditioned pavilian for the events. It's expected that more than 100,000 will attend EP Week in 2012. I can only imagine just how big the candlelight vigil will be next year. I'm predicting a record of 70-80,000. There were reports of 60-70,000 for the 30th.
    Last edited by vivaelvis; 04-12-2011 at 01:47 PM.

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar

Re: 2012 might be the biggest year yet!

Let's hope Elvis will be in the news often.... perhaps a big hit also?
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar

Great News

Seems like every dollar you spend will be worth quite a lot..
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/999022_359272057534723_1223625887_n.jpg

all the goons I left behind, memories still linger..

This already 40 yearsand we remember continually and we love ...
    I'll Remember You!!!

TCB Mafia

I had not heard about the All-Star Tribute Show. Would really like to see this happen. I also think 2012 will be a big year for Elvis and I share your enthusiasm for the forthcoming projects.

Brian

I always have high hopes for Elvis since 1961-but have learned to take the wait and see attitude.
    That way I am not let down-as far.
    For we fans who love his music-every year we still have his recordings is a great year IMO.
    Work in Progress!

I'm aiming to go..............sounds brilliant
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Quinn View Post
    I had not heard about the All-Star Tribute Show. Would really like to see this happen. I also think 2012 will be a big year for Elvis and I share your enthusiasm for the forthcoming projects.

Brian
    Hey Brian, the All-star tribute concert isn't finalized but is being discussed. I don't know if EPE is behind it or not but Simon Fuller was in talks with a major entertainment company about putting it together. I hope it happens as it will only influence fans of other artists to learn about and discover Elvis. Those nuts over at the other place can't seem to comprehend that.

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    Hey Brian, the All-star tribute concert isn't finalized but is being discussed. I don't know if EPE is behind it or not but Simon Fuller was in talks with a major entertainment company about putting it together. I hope it happens as it will only influence fans of other artists to learn about and discover Elvis. Those nuts over at the other place can't seem to comprehend that.
    Thanks Viva. I stopped posting on that 'other site' about the same time you 'left' - too much negativity and many members were basically fans of music in general and not particularly Elvis fans. There is also a hard core who will not accept any innovation whatsoever for Elvis' music or legacy. Keep up the good work. By the way I loved your album cover designs.

Brian

Thanks Viva. I stopped posting on that 'other site' about the same time you 'left' - too much negativity and many members were basically fans of music in general and not particularly Elvis fans. There is also a hard core who will not accept any innovation whatsoever for Elvis' music or legacy. Keep up the good work. By the way I loved your album cover designs.

Brian
    You see I do not see it as "innovation".
    Innovation implies creative imput, something new that has been created-hence innovation.
    What I see being done is creative for the people "alive" making decisions on how to alter or change Elvis music-virtually no one who actually worked on the original recordings is in on the "innovation"
    IMO that is something which should be done sparingly-with great care and by people who are not trying to just "CHANGE SOMETHING"
    for the argument that it may sound more "CURRENT.
    We have seen many attempts since ALLC (the king of the remixes) and most are horrid. They never live up to the hype IMO
    You have to ask yourself WHY? Because it is tricky business that does not succeed that often.
    Work in Progress!

Brian
    I wasn't on there until just recently. There's a few confusing me with some other poster but it's not me. Thanks for the kind words about my album covers. It's just a hobby that I do now with some spare time on my hands.

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    I wasn't on there until just recently. There's a few confusing me with some other poster but it's not me. Thanks for the kind words about my album covers. It's just a hobby that I do now with some spare time on my hands.
    My apologies Viva Elvis. I thought you were a former poster on the 'other board'.

Brian

I hope to be there as well, am saving every dime )

Just pretend, I'm holding you, and whispering things soft and low.
    And think of me, how it's gonna be and just pretend I didn't go

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    IMO that is something which should be done sparingly-with great care and by people who are not trying to just "CHANGE SOMETHING"
    for the argument that it may sound more "CURRENT.
    We have seen many attempts since ALLC (the king of the remixes) and most are horrid. They never live up to the hype IMO
    You have to ask yourself WHY? Because it is tricky business that does not succeed that often.
    Even if I'm young, I have to agree. There comes a point where promotion and commercials won't do anymore. Elvis' music has too much quality to fit in the modern day pop chart. If Bruce Springsteen tries an Elvis-song, for instance, it's something I prefer over duets or remixes as it has more creative input. Not as much artificial.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/999022_359272057534723_1223625887_n.jpg

all the goons I left behind, memories still linger..

It looks like my info about a possible ultimate documentary by EPE is in the works after all. And yet they doubted me over at the other place. Here's a link to the story. http://backinmemphis.blogspot.com/20...series-on.html

Mmmm time to really save my money, so i can aim to really go to Elvis Week 2012

TCB Mafia

EPE state that the rumoured Elvis TV Mini-Series/Documentary may be one that Red West has been working on with fans. However it is not a big project or official.

Brian

Btw, thanks for the confirmation about the documentary, Brian. Maybe one day EPE will wake the heck up and see what opportunities they are letting slip them by.
    Check out my new blog about Elvis Presley @ http://elvis21century.blogspot.com/

International Level Tigerman1975's Avatar

I would love to see Elvis In Concert. It doesnt seem to ever go anywhere but Europe. As far as the biopic goes, I hope that they do it right for Elvis.
    I'm the king of the jungle, they call me Tiger Man. If you cross my path, you take your own life in your hands.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast