Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 176

Thread: Priscilla Presley Speaks On Elvis' Legacy etc.

  1. #1
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Caddington, Bedfordshire, UK
    Posts
    1,422

    Priscilla Presley Speaks On Elvis' Legacy etc.

    Please go to the following URL:

    http://www.vegasdeluxe.com/blogs/lux...s-legacy-trib/

    Brian

  2. #2
    TCB Mafia ForeverTheKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Milan, Italy
    Posts
    3,450

    Re: Priscilla Presley Speaks On Elvis' Legacy etc.

    Really interesting...thanks a lot for this post

  3. #3
    International Level Tigerman1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlanta Georgia
    Posts
    504

    Re: Priscilla Presley Speaks On Elvis' Legacy etc.

    Well it doesnt come as much of a suprise to me that she only associates with Esposito and Schilling. I'll stop with that. I would like to see the show though. A woman that I work with saw it recently with her husband and said that it rocked.
    I'm the king of the jungle, they call me Tiger Man. If you cross my path, you take your own life in your hands.

  4. #4
    PeacockLady Diane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    11,636

    Re: Priscilla Presley Speaks On Elvis' Legacy etc.

    Oh my gosh...absolutely. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

  5. #5
    Cadillac King
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mid Mo
    Posts
    492

    Re: Priscilla Presley Speaks On Elvis' Legacy etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Quinn View Post
    Please go to the following URL:

    http://www.vegasdeluxe.com/blogs/lux...s-legacy-trib/

    Brian
    Thanks, Brian. I thought it was great !! Priscilla has been vilified much too long, in my opinion. People won't or can't seem to recoginize what she's done to keep Elvis' name and music out here .

    I wasn't a Cilla fan for a long time either. Still not, but give credit where credit's due.

  6. #6
    SleepyJack
    Guest

    Re: Priscilla Presley Speaks On Elvis' Legacy etc.

    And she keeps on smiling,even with stuff like "colonic-Elvis"...a true believer in "all publicity is good publicity"...get serious.I`ll give her credit...when and if she actually does anything. This woman,to me at least,has been clueless her whole life....and giving her a "Woman of the year" award is laughable...if she continues the way she is going we might just have Graceland turned into Elvis-Disney...with a hundred-foot fibreglass Elvis standing outside it...and she`ll still be golly-goshing at how wonderful it is that they are keeping Elvis` name alive. She`s been around celebrities for so long that she probably believes that if it glitters it`s definitely gold...and the more glitter you can have the better...gosh.

  7. #7
    International Level Tigerman1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlanta Georgia
    Posts
    504

    Thumbs up Re: Priscilla Presley Speaks On Elvis' Legacy etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by SleepyJack View Post
    And she keeps on smiling,even with stuff like "colonic-Elvis"...a true believer in "all publicity is good publicity"...get serious.I`ll give her credit...when and if she actually does anything. This woman,to me at least,has been clueless her whole life....and giving her a "Woman of the year" award is laughable...if she continues the way she is going we might just have Graceland turned into Elvis-Disney...with a hundred-foot fibreglass Elvis standing outside it...and she`ll still be golly-goshing at how wonderful it is that they are keeping Elvis` name alive. She`s been around celebrities for so long that she probably believes that if it glitters it`s definitely gold...and the more glitter you can have the better...gosh.
    Thats great!
    I'm the king of the jungle, they call me Tiger Man. If you cross my path, you take your own life in your hands.

  8. #8
    Cadillac King
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mid Mo
    Posts
    492

    Re: Priscilla Presley Speaks On Elvis' Legacy etc.

    By 1980 the cost of running the estate was estimated to be as much as $500,000 a year.[3] Priscilla and the Trust were prepared to let Parker continue to handle Elvis's business affairs, and petitioned the court to that end.[4] However, Judge Joseph Evans, aware that Lisa Marie Presley was still a minor, appointed attorney Blanchard E. Tual to investigate Parker's management.[3][4] His preliminary finding was that Parker's management deal of 50% was extortionate compared to the industry average of 15-20%.[3] He also noted that Parker's handling of Elvis's business affairs during his lifetime, including the decision to sell off past royalties to RCA for $5.4 million in 1973, were "unethical" and poorly handled.[4] During a second, more detailed investigation, all earnings were paid directly to the Trust instead of Parker.[3] By this time, with the IRS demanding almost $15 million in taxes, the estate was facing bankruptcy.[3]
    On August 14, 1981 Judge Evans ordered EPE to sue Parker for mismanagement.[5] In response to this, Parker countersued.[5] The case against Parker was settled out of court in 1983, with the estate paying him $2 million,[5] and the termination of his involvement in any Elvis related earnings for five years.[3] He was also ordered to hand over any Elvis audio recordings or visual images that he owned.[3]
    [edit] Opening of Graceland During the court case Priscilla was advised to sell Graceland to avoid bankruptcy. She decided against this because she had no plans to sell off her daughters first home.[5] In late 1981, the estate hired Jack Soden, at the time a Missouri investment counselor, to plan and execute the opening of Graceland to the public and oversee the total operation. Graceland opened for tours on June 7, 1982.[1]

  9. #9
    Cadillac King
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mid Mo
    Posts
    492

    Re: Priscilla Presley Speaks On Elvis' Legacy etc.

    Priscilla: (Laughs)
    It’s true. He’d probably get a kick out of it, actually. He had a great sense of humor. Someone had said that, as a real book reader, said, “I can’t tell you how many books that I read that have somehow Elvis’ name in it, how he’s attributed in someone’s life. Over 800 or some-odd books have been written about him.
    TKR: And you’ve read them all, I’m sure.
    Priscilla: Right (laughs). Well, everyone has a story. I can’t even read any of them. Oh my gosh, if someone ever met Elvis, or was associated with someone who knew Elvis, that makes them an expert. I can’t read any more books. This is heartbreaking to me, to see this. I very seldom go there, and I very seldom believe what I read.

    Someone once said to me, “If I read one more story about someone playing football with Elvis here in Beverly Hills, I’m going crazy.” If he played football with as many people who say they played football with Elvis, he wouldn’t have had time to do any movies or make any music (laughs).
    TKR: In that “Anthology” series, they actually joke about Ringo playing football with Elvis.

    Priscilla: (Laughs) Well, there you go. I swear to God, I was there, and he did not play that much football.

    I agree in that I can't and don't believe everything that I read -- on anything.

  10. #10
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Caddington, Bedfordshire, UK
    Posts
    1,422

    Re: Priscilla Presley Speaks On Elvis' Legacy etc.

    For many years I had a negative view of Priscilla but I recently attended the Hyde Park Elvis Tribute Concert and she came over very well indeed and appeared very sincere. One thing is for sure, Graceland would not be as financially secure as it is today without her efforts despite the Potato Head Dolls, Ducks and Dog Capes which most fans abhor.

    Brian

  11. #11
    Cadillac King
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mid Mo
    Posts
    492

    Re: Priscilla Presley Speaks On Elvis' Legacy etc.

    Believe me, I too had a negative view of Priscilla. Until I decided to look at the "documented history" instead of "reading some books" or listening to the "experts." Thanks for the interview.
    As for the "dolls, ducks and dogs"-- I tell people don't buy the junk !! Who needs it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Quinn View Post
    For many years I had a negative view of Priscilla but I recently attended the Hyde Park Elvis Tribute Concert and she came over very well indeed and appeared very sincere. One thing is for sure, Graceland would not be as financially secure as it is today without her efforts despite the Potato Head Dolls, Ducks and Dog Capes which most fans abhor.

    Brian

  12. #12
    TCB Mafia KPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,932

    Re: Priscilla Presley Speaks On Elvis' Legacy etc.

    Priscilla did what mothers do-looked out for her child-Lisa.
    I love Elvis and his music, but we all have to face the fact that he did not worry about the future, he spent his income as quick as it came in, he let Vernon and Parker run his finances/business matters..........and he always felt if he needed money he could tour or cut more records.
    Vernon was not educationally up to keeping Elvis's money growing thru investments and Parker made deals which made money but killed the spirit of creativity and growth and did not even allow him to own the finished product.. So all that was left when Elvis died was his name and likeness.........................the probate court had a responsibility to protect and grow the estate for Lisa and the "3" trustees were obligated to do the same by the terms of Elvis's will.......................so the how and why of insuring the estate grew till Lisa could take it over was limited by actions which happened while Elvis was alive.
    I know we all hate certain aspects of EPE but they did not own most of the "creative aspects of Elvis" they owned his likeness-that is limiting.
    Of the "THREE" trustees and the Probate judge who oversaw the will-Priscilla is singled out by critics and blame (or praise) is targeted at her.
    She was part of a group of people who made decisions "for the financial well being of Lisa" but it is Priscilla's face who was spokesperson for the entire group and so she gets the fallout.
    Lisa was her daughter and she did what she could to protect her future financial well being..........as a parent I can identify with that....Elvis's will set up the trust and he wanted that...........................................of course he thought he would have years to continue adding to the financial legacy for Lisa-but that did not happen.
    Work in Progress!

  13. #13

    Re: Priscilla Presley Speaks On Elvis' Legacy etc.

    if Priscilla hadn't sued for more money in the divorce, there wouldn't have needed to be a 1873 sale to RCA.

    So, her desire for more money then, sure isn't worth what that catalog would have meant now.

    not in terms of money, or in terms of the kind of legacy EPE could have been doing.

    imagine, focusing on Elvis' music instead of how many products they could cram his name or image on....


    but, she did open Graceland and judos for that
    _________
    there is no snooze button on a cat that wants breakfast.

    Nina's Elvis blogs: http://ntrygg.wordpress.com/elvis-index/

  14. #14
    Backstage Pass
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    165

    Re: Priscilla Presley Speaks On Elvis' Legacy etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by SleepyJack View Post
    And she keeps on smiling,even with stuff like "colonic-Elvis"...a true believer in "all publicity is good publicity"...get serious.I`ll give her credit...when and if she actually does anything. This woman,to me at least,has been clueless her whole life....and giving her a "Woman of the year" award is laughable...if she continues the way she is going we might just have Graceland turned into Elvis-Disney...with a hundred-foot fibreglass Elvis standing outside it...and she`ll still be golly-goshing at how wonderful it is that they are keeping Elvis` name alive. She`s been around celebrities for so long that she probably believes that if it glitters it`s definitely gold...and the more glitter you can have the better...gosh.
    I agrees with you. She first had to tear him down so she feel better about herself and hoodwink many fans. But if you go bakc you sees that she had no ideas what to do it was court apoointees who saved Lisa inheritance and stop Col. Parker, Priss happy to go along with Parker old setup.
    Elvis dont be needin anyone to save his legacy his heart and talen does that fine and I could sell Elvis cause he sells hisself. She is professional exwife who has done nothing on her own of success that with out his name.
    Many imitators but only one Elvis.

  15. #15
    Backstage Pass
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    165

    Re: Priscilla Presley Speaks On Elvis' Legacy etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by monk37 View Post
    if Priscilla hadn't sued for more money in the divorce, there wouldn't have needed to be a 1873 sale to RCA.

    So, her desire for more money then, sure isn't worth what that catalog would have meant now.

    not in terms of money, or in terms of the kind of legacy EPE could have been doing.


    imagine, focusing on Elvis' music instead of how many products they could cram his name or image on....


    but, she did open Graceland and judos for that
    So goods your saying she was money hungry alls along. And she knews to open Graceland because State of Tennessseee and Vernon did all leg work.
    And what she teach her daughter, nothin about her dads legacy look how she treats him.
    Many imitators but only one Elvis.

  16. #16
    International Level Tigerman1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlanta Georgia
    Posts
    504

    Re: Priscilla Presley Speaks On Elvis' Legacy etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
    I agrees with you. She first had to tear him down so she feel better about herself and hoodwink many fans. But if you go bakc you sees that she had no ideas what to do it was court apoointees who saved Lisa inheritance and stop Col. Parker, Priss happy to go along with Parker old setup.
    Elvis dont be needin anyone to save his legacy his heart and talen does that fine and I could sell Elvis cause he sells hisself. She is professional exwife who has done nothing on her own of success that with out his name.
    I agree with that. What gets on my nerves is that for decades she has put it across like she is his widow and they had been divorced since 1973. I believe she was still with Mike Stone or maybe even Mike Edwards by the time Elvis passed away. So how is she his widow?
    I'm the king of the jungle, they call me Tiger Man. If you cross my path, you take your own life in your hands.

  17. #17
    Backstage Pass
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    165

    Re: Priscilla Presley Speaks On Elvis' Legacy etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerman1975 View Post
    I agree with that. What gets on my nerves is that for decades she has put it across like she is his widow and they had been divorced since 1973. I believe she was still with Mike Stone or maybe even Mike Edwards by the time Elvis passed away. So how is she his widow?
    I reads your posts all time and I like so how you think and how you able to word things. Better than me for sure. I think she dating that hair guy when Elivs die and he say in interview that Lisa had brain like her mom meanin Elvis was stupid. That type men she date after Elvis.
    Thank you agains I was scared to say what on my brain cause I see lots of Pris fans here. x
    Many imitators but only one Elvis.

  18. #18
    Backstage Pass
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    165

    Re: Priscilla Presley Speaks On Elvis' Legacy etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by sasha View Post
    Priscilla: (Laughs)
    It’s true. He’d probably get a kick out of it, actually. He had a great sense of humor. Someone had said that, as a real book reader, said, “I can’t tell you how many books that I read that have somehow Elvis’ name in it, how he’s attributed in someone’s life. Over 800 or some-odd books have been written about him.
    TKR: And you’ve read them all, I’m sure.
    Priscilla: Right (laughs). Well, everyone has a story. I can’t even read any of them. Oh my gosh, if someone ever met Elvis, or was associated with someone who knew Elvis, that makes them an expert. I can’t read any more books. This is heartbreaking to me, to see this. I very seldom go there, and I very seldom believe what I read.

    Someone once said to me, “If I read one more story about someone playing football with Elvis here in Beverly Hills, I’m going crazy.” If he played football with as many people who say they played football with Elvis, he wouldn’t have had time to do any movies or make any music (laughs).
    TKR: In that “Anthology” series, they actually joke about Ringo playing football with Elvis.

    Priscilla: (Laughs) Well, there you go. I swear to God, I was there, and he did not play that much football.

    I agree in that I can't and don't believe everything that I read -- on anything.
    Startin with her and what hse say much lies and chang what she say.
    Many imitators but only one Elvis.

  19. #19
    Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Assen, Netherlands
    Posts
    6,349

    Re: Priscilla Presley Speaks On Elvis' Legacy etc.

    A nice post, thanks for sharing
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

    Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom






  20. #20
    International Level Tigerman1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atlanta Georgia
    Posts
    504

    Re: Priscilla Presley Speaks On Elvis' Legacy etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
    I reads your posts all time and I like so how you think and how you able to word things.
    Thank you. Thats kind of you to say. I gave up along time ago when it comes to Priscilla and the Memphis Mafia. It always turns into a pissing contest and somebody ends up getting mad. So I just say what I need to say and move on.
    I'm the king of the jungle, they call me Tiger Man. If you cross my path, you take your own life in your hands.

Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. First-ever Priscilla And Elvis Presley Doll Set
    By Elvis.com in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 12-25-2013, 04:05 PM
  2. Priscilla Presley: Elvis would be preaching now
    By Donut in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 11:36 AM
  3. A Possible Elvis Presley(1956) Legacy release
    By david72 in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 01:28 PM
  4. Tribute to Elvis & Priscilla Presley
    By elvislina in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 04:36 PM
  5. ELVIS PRESLEY LEGACY PROJECT!!
    By Broussey in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-18-2009, 01:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •