Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Priscilla Presley Speaks On Elvis' Legacy etc.

Cadillac King

Re: Priscilla Presley Speaks On Elvis' Legacy etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
    I did read or maybes you ddin't read Priss book all way through where she speak of their sex life? Or how he do drugs. But if yo makes comment about not knowing her personal lives than you need to please read your posts again in defense of her.
    And maybe you not see news report LIsa gonna be with mom for her mom award in Las Vegas? Where she is when her daddy gets awards? So yeah ma'am I do reads.
    And again all thngs Priss say read and than makes comment about her not openin private doors. You canno have both ways you either private or not.
    I read Priscilla's book and believe me, I had plenty to say. Tell you what, I wish you the kind of life they've had to live. Have fun.Money has never brought happiness to anyone.

Backstage Pass

Gee I didn mean to make upset just opinion of people an fans, now I knows what Tigerman mean what he say. You know I would live they life, it better than many many peoples out there and is life they chose, if they wanna be annonymous they would have be but they all chose show business so how bad can be? And not about money and no not bring happiness but I don see them wanna give it up either and they always look to make more if not they would have again remove selves.
    Many imitators but only one Elvis.

Cadillac King

Gee I didn mean to make upset just opinion of people an fans, now I knows what Tigerman mean what he say. You know I would live they life, it better than many many peoples out there and is life they chose, if they wanna be annonymous they would have be but they all chose show business so how bad can be? And not about money and no not bring happiness but I don see them wanna give it up either and they always look to make more if not they would have again remove selves.
    You didn't really upset me. I think I've been looking at some of this too long is all.
    Neither were born into it though. Priscilla married into it. I think like most of us, she thought it would last forever. Lisa was just born into it. Both avoided the limelight for a very long time. Priscilla had no choice when she had to "take over" as an Executor. Lisa stayed out of it longer ,she even changed the date of where she would have had to
    do anything. In my opinion, I believe they have good and bad memories of living at Graceland . I just wouldn't want to be them. I love Elvis and his music, but I can admit he had his faults, just like the rest of us.

Agree with you Sasha, Elvis left behind a huge legacy of music for all of us to enjoy, that's all that matters at the end of the day surely?

I think Lisa wants to remember her dad in private just as her dad and not as the "entertainer" and that is partly why she stays away from most functions. She also doesn't like to be cornered to talk about him. She never did like the media and I can't say I blame her.

Quote Originally Posted by sasha View Post
    , I never saw Priscilla talk about him as bad as some others have. But.
    I agree to a point. We can't and don't have to like everyone. But Priscilla has said some not-so-nice things about Elvis. The one that springs to mind initially is what she wrote in her book - that Elvis raped her! Yes, she was careful not to use the word rape, but to say someone forcefully makes love to you certainly implies it. There are many other statements - mainly in EBTP - that put Elvis down.

I still wouldn't want to live any of their lives. Too much media attention and too little privacy.
    I wholeheartedly agree with this. I could not imagine anything worse than being photographed all the time, being misquoted in newspapers and everything that goes with it. Yes of course there are up sides to being famous, but I wouldnt trade my privacy for any of those. I have seen Lisa react rudely to the media and absolutely dont blame her. One thing I will say for Priscilla is that she always does seem polite to the 'paps' even when they get in her face. She (quite rightly) ignores the stupid questions and does handle them well.

But again, she was all about the privacy after elvis died, and then suddenly she wants to be as in the limelight as he was, and yet remain private. You cant have it both ways.

You canno have both ways you either private or not.
    Oh. I've just read this, after my last comment. But basically we are saying the same

. Priscilla had no choice when she had to "take over" as an Executor.
    Didn't Priscilla herself persuade Vernon to make her executor? That's how it was according to everything I've read ?

Personally I think Pris enjoys being in the limelight, and being the spokesperson for EPE. I do think it should be Lisa Marie, but if Lisa doesnt want to do it, I guess that's her choice.

I think after P & E divorced she gave it all the "i want to be my own person" but as the years have rolled on she realises that most people will remember her as Elvis's (albeit ex) wife and she has accepted this now and revells in the attention.

Quote Originally Posted by May View Post
    Didn't Priscilla herself persuade Vernon to make her executor? That's how it was according to everything I've read ?

Personally I think Pris enjoys being in the limelight, and being the spokesperson for EPE. I do think it should be Lisa Marie, but if Lisa doesnt want to do it, I guess that's her choice.

I think after P & E divorced she gave it all the "i want to be my own person" but as the years have rolled on she realises that most people will remember her as Elvis's (albeit ex) wife and she has accepted this now and revells in the attention.
    Love this post!

Backstage Pass

From the time she heard he was in Germany she wanted to be known as Mrs. Elvis Presley. She pursued it and has made sure every one knew it for her whole life. She has done so many interviews, magazine photo shoots, and at every turn reminded the world of who she is/was. So please..I don't believe for a second she likes privacy or doesn't love the limelight and fame she so wanted, doesn't get her.

Cadillac King

No, she didn't use the word "rape". Forcefully, yes. I've experienced "forcefully" from my husband, {who now is an EX} In my opinion this could/should have been left out. I didn't go around telling everyone. Not even in court. But, I still see his so called "friends" and relatives telling much more than she ever did. I'm sure she could have said more.But,none of that is any of my business.

Quote Originally Posted by May View Post
    I agree to a point. We can't and don't have to like everyone. But Priscilla has said some not-so-nice things about Elvis. The one that springs to mind initially is what she wrote in her book - that Elvis raped her! Yes, she was careful not to use the word rape, but to say someone forcefully makes love to you certainly implies it. There are many other statements - mainly in EBTP - that put Elvis down.

Cadillac King

We only have "stories" from his "friends." Most of whom were not even around at the time to know what happened with Vernon. He didn't appear to be "threatened" in the picture I've seen of Cilla, Lisa and him when he was in the hospital. In fact, he looked happier than I'd seen him since Elvis died.

As for wanting to be Mrs. Elvis Presley , who didn't? I know I would have liked it--for awhile. But, think I would have left sooner than she did.
    To me, all this happened long ago and really doesn't pertain to any of us.Not worth talking about and not intended to try and change any minds. Just info.from the past.
    I'd recommend reading Careless Love by Peter Guralnick for one. See how "friends" and family treated and used Elvis. Have fun......
    Last edited by sasha; 01-28-2011 at 12:37 PM.

I have always loved the stories that Priscilla somehow forced Vernon to make her the executor-I mean lets look at it honestly how could she threaten mentally or physicallya dying man to do anything? I'm sure Vernon wanted Lisa's future as secure as possible, and who better to do that than her mother. He also did not just make her the sole executor his will appointed 3. Priscilla may enjoy the limelight I'm sure but she also has had to endure the never ending second guessing and from some hatred of every move she has made. The other executors have had a picnic compared to the villification she has had placed on her. She is no saint by any means but then again neither was Elvis, or Vernon, or MM, or me etc......
    Work in Progress!

There are always going to be fans who just don't like her period, no matter what she did,or didn't do, what she said or didn't say.
    I don't have a problem with anyone connected to Elvis, i just love his music.

So goods your saying she was money hungry alls along. ugs him.

not exactly

I pointed out that because she was greedy then, that she reduced her future income.

as a consequence, to make the money now, she has to flog a lot of trashy stuff

while leaving the music to lazy greedier labels.

I have to wonder who the anti-Elvis is - someone who grew up with wealth and ever opportunity and a total support network

but somehow, he managed to throw it all away and live a long long life in obsurity
    _________
    there is no snooze button on a cat that wants breakfast.

Nina's Elvis blogs: http://ntrygg.wordpress.com/elvis-index/

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    I have always loved the stories that Priscilla somehow forced Vernon to make her the executor-I mean lets look at it honestly how could she threaten mentally or physicallya dying man to do anything? ......
    I'm not suggesting she 'forced' or 'threatened' Vernon to do anything. There are ways to get people to do things by manipulation or suggestion without forcing anyone. I've never read anything about her threatening Vernon physically??? Where's that from???

I have no idea how it happened but it does seem odd that over the years everything ive read or seen on tv , it all point to and says the same. Plus it makes sense. I don't think it was a bad decision either. Vernon was clearly ill, and if I had been in his position and knew that Elvis wanted the best for Lisa - who better to take over than her mother. She would surely look after her daughters best interests, all the time Lisa was unable to do it herself, being just a kid.

I was mainly answering the post that Priscilla had no choice about being executor (which was suggesting, to my mind, that she didnt want to be thrust into the limelight as executor) and pointing out that everything ive seen and read states that she persuaded -not forced or threatened- Vernon to name her as one of the executors.
    Last edited by May; 01-29-2011 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Love this post!
    cheers Diane!

Quote Originally Posted by kathy parkinson View Post
    There are always going to be fans who just don't like her period, no matter what she did,or didn't do, what she said or didn't say.
    You're right. And I dont really understand some fans who cannot stand her. It always surprises me how people claim to hate someone they dont know or even have met.
    Yes, I can see their views, and I can also see the views also of people who dont like some of the things she does or has said, and a lot of things where she says one thing one minute and completely reverses it the next -but she isnt the devil!

What I'd be interested in is, had you (any of us) been in her exact position, what would we have done differently?

I do think Vernon did the right thing when he agreed to name her as executor. It was lucky also that the judge stepped in, hired a lawyer and asked what was the Colonel doing when Priscilla and the others readily agreed for him to carry on "Tcb-ing" (as it were) . Had he not done this, I wonder where EPE would be now ??

Backstage Pass

I don understand fans who defend this person who tore their idol down in order to better herslef. But you than probably dont understand my dislike for her. I love Elvis, he talent, he heart this woman done nothin on her own anyone who sayin other way has been brainwash. If Elvis wanted her to be in estate business he would have name her but he didn did he?
    Marty also has said Elvis lots of times said he want Priss nowhere near his estate. I dont have to meet her to listen to what she sayin and how she sayin it too know she is exact opposte of someone I would like.

She is opportunist and user otherwise she would kept her Beaulieu name and moved on.
    Many imitators but only one Elvis.