Thread: Will We See Elvis In New Movie Role?

TCB Mafia

Will We See Elvis In New Movie Role?

December 10th

WILL WE SEE ELVIS IN NEW MOVIE ROLL? - The time could be approaching where
    we get to see Elvis starring in a movie alongside the likes of James Dean, John Wayne or
    Marilyn Monroe?

George Lucas, the creator of Star Wars, is reported to have already bought the film rights of deceased film legends such as Orson Welles, James Dean and Marilyn Monroe, with the aim of bringing them back to life on the big screen.

Lucas has been buying up the film rights to dead actors in the hope of using computer
    trickery to put them all together, so you'd have Orson Welles and Barbara Stanwyck alongside today's stars,' he said.

Whether or not EPE, Fox, Warner and whoever else will allow Elvis to be used for such an historic project remains to be seen, but I hope that they don't scupper any attempts and one day the film idea becomes a blockbuster reality.

The above article is courtesy of www.elvis-express.com

Brian

Re: Will We See Elvis In New Movie Role?

Sound like a cool idea if there's a good story line to justifie the whole thing.

The other day I saw Love Me Tender included in a 5DVD boxset that included other old classics like Casablanca and Singin' in The Rain. So I guess the rights to that one are no longer strictly 20th Century Fox. So...

Thanks for sharing Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Quinn View Post
    December 10th

WILL WE SEE ELVIS IN NEW MOVIE ROLL? - The time could be approaching where
    we get to see Elvis starring in a movie alongside the likes of James Dean, John Wayne or
    Marilyn Monroe?

George Lucas, the creator of Star Wars, is reported to have already bought the film rights of deceased film legends such as Orson Welles, James Dean and Marilyn Monroe, with the aim of bringing them back to life on the big screen.

Lucas has been buying up the film rights to dead actors in the hope of using computer
    trickery to put them all together, so you'd have Orson Welles and Barbara Stanwyck alongside today's stars,' he said.

Whether or not EPE, Fox, Warner and whoever else will allow Elvis to be used for such an historic project remains to be seen, but I hope that they don't scupper any attempts and one day the film idea becomes a blockbuster reality.

The above article is courtesy of www.elvis-express.com

Brian
    Yes! I read about this also and have hope....Maybe someday we will can see our Elvis in new movie ? Will be great!
    I'll Remember You!!!

Mad Tigers

hope so!!!

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar

I'm not sure they would use Elvis' Image post 1959, there seems to be a consensus that Elvis' decade in the 60's was mostly uninspiring. I just hope that if his Image is used it is used appropriately and not as a figure of fun!

TCB Mafia

The latest EPE Christmas Message to Fan Club Presidents states "2011 is certain to be another amazing year. As you know, it is the 55th anniversary of Elvis' first RCA single, first album, first movie and first television appearances. From new exhibits at Graceland and on Elvis.com to special movie and music releases, there will be many ways for you to celebrate this special year with us."

Regarding the above message and mention of a special movie, I do believe that the following could have some bearing on the issue, particularly the 1950's film as it ties in with all that is happening next year around Elvis' rise to fame in 1956. Simon Fuller is in charge of the Project. Just speculation but the following interview took place at the Premiere of the 'Viva Elvis' Show in Vegas during December, 2009 between Vegas Columnist Robin Leach and Robert Sillerman (CKX).

Brian

RL: You said you would produce new Elvis movies in the future?

RS: In time, there will be different Elvis movies in the future. Well, for instance, one movie that tells about his life will be segmented when he rose to fame in an explosive time and a pivotal time in American history in the ’50s. That in itself is a movie.
    RL: So Elvis would be portrayed in the movies by different actors for the different ages and eras? One Elvis for the ’50s and a different Elvis in the ’70s?

RS: It will be because Elvis in Las Vegas is a very interesting story in it of itself. Elvis had a comeback special in 1968, and everything that went into that is a movie in itself because 1968 was a tumultuous time in this country. These movies are in the works. They are not scripted, yet but we are far along on the first one. That would be the Elvis story of the ’50s.

RL: Is the movie studio deal already in place?

RS: I don’t know about the inner workings of Hollywood, but when someone says yes, we are doing this, in my world that means we are doing it. Perhaps that is not the same in Hollywood, but I know I will live to see the day when we have these new Elvis movies in the theaters.

RL: How far away do you think?

RS: We are very serious about it, and one of the wonderful things about CKX is that my partner Simon Fuller is a visionary -- he talks the same way you do! He is a visionary who can imagine the past as well as the future, so he is hard at work on it to the point of casting, the directors and writers.

I think it would be very nice to have new Elvis movies or Elvis featured within a movie.

it would be nice whenever the nostalgia for 1969 culture events that it's not just Woodstock and Charles manson and moon landings

but also when Elvis returned to live concerts
    _________
    there is no snooze button on a cat that wants breakfast.

Nina's Elvis blogs: http://ntrygg.wordpress.com/elvis-index/

I just found this on YTube, I guess If that good was done for a pizza comercial in the late 80's, something amazing could be done in Hollywood in 2011.

I'm doing work at 2:00am, and now, I'm feeling like having pizza. Hate effective commercials.
    Last edited by Raised on Rock; 01-20-2011 at 12:59 AM.

International Level Tigerman1975's Avatar

They have made enough movies about the early part of his career. I would like to see one that picks up with the end of the 68 Singer Special and goes to August 16,1977. I think thats what they should have done with the Elvis mini series with JRM. They should have waited a year or two, let his hair and sideburns grow out, outfitted him with TCB aviators and pistols and got to it lol.
    I'm the king of the jungle, they call me Tiger Man. If you cross my path, you take your own life in your hands.