Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: John Fogerty on Elvis

Re: John Fogerty on Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerman1975 View Post
    That would have been the jam for sure.
    If I could ask for one wish, forget about world peace, I want Elvis and CCR on stage for a couple of hours late 1970. Lol.

[QUOTE=KPM;386316]
    Quote Originally Posted by Raised on Rock View Post
    A 1970-1971 Elvis and CCR would have been a killer combination. That's a recurrent day dream I have anyway. lol.

Remember the cover they did of My Baby Left Me? that was pretty cool.

Didn't know you had a band, nice What instrument did you play on that one?[/QUOTE]
    I played rhythm guitar and sang lead, but the real world took over in 1972 when I got my first real job and then married in 1973.....still play and write songs, but its a hobby now. But I love music and thank Elvis for that.
    My brother actually became a professional musician, and he traveled the US and in Norway, Sweden and Switzerland with his band in the late 1980s they were called "Ballister Crew"
    Cool!!!! I play lead guitar, can't sing a note, used to have a band too. Now I see why we got similar opinions about the Viva Elvis thing and people considering it equal or superior to his original backing band.

I wanted to play guitar since I was about 5 years ago and saw James Burton doing his thing with Elvis on TTWII and ELvis on Tour, somehow I knew Elvis was an imposible match, so I wanted to be the guy behind him covering his back. No matter how far the music I play now could be from Elvis, I'm alwayd going back to it, still in love with those James Burton licks and Scotty's unique sound, man that echo!

I learned to play because of Elvis, and then as I grew older, I'm 30 now, music has been the love of my life and the thing that has keept me sane so many times, and it was all because of Elvis, this is when some people can't understand how much you can be touched by the man right?

To bad we can't get together and Jam, its always a fantastic experience to jam with another fan.

Would love to hear one of your songs some day.

[QUOTE=Raised on Rock;386337]
    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post

Cool!!!! I play lead guitar, can't sing a note, used to have a band too. Now I see why we got similar opinions about the Viva Elvis thing and people considering it equal or superior to his original backing band.

I wanted to play guitar since I was about 5 years ago and saw James Burton doing his thing with Elvis on TTWII and ELvis on Tour, somehow I knew Elvis was an imposible match, so I wanted to be the guy behind him covering his back. No matter how far the music I play now could be from Elvis, I'm alwayd going back to it, still in love with those James Burton licks and Scotty's unique sound, man that echo!

I learned to play because of Elvis, and then as I grew older, I'm 30 now, music has been the love of my life and the thing that has keept me sane so many times, and it was all because of Elvis, this is when some people can't understand how much you can be touched by the man right?

To bad we can't get together and Jam, its always a fantastic experience to jam with another fan.

Would love to hear one of your songs some day.
    Yes James Burton is so smooth his fingering method is difficult but he makes it look so simple.
    Elvis was also the reason I picked up my first guitar, and began to sing he also made it look so easy.
    It has been a very calming and soothing stress reducer my whole life to pick up the guitar and sing.
    One of these days I'll get my daughter to show me how to transfer some of my songs into the digital format on the computer and then I can post a few.
    Work in Progress!

[QUOTE=KPM;386392]
    Quote Originally Posted by Raised on Rock View Post
    Yes James Burton is so smooth his fingering method is difficult but he makes it look so simple.
    Elvis was also the reason I picked up my first guitar, and began to sing he also made it look so easy.
    It has been a very calming and soothing stress reducer my whole life to pick up the guitar and sing.
    One of these days I'll get my daughter to show me how to transfer some of my songs into the digital format on the computer and then I can post a few.
    Some James Burton licks are like meant to be played only if youare James Burton, that's to say, way complicated, and he play them like putting butter on a wafle!

Wonder if there are other musicians, pro or amatur around this forum? I might start a thread about it, could be fun.

International Level Tigerman1975's Avatar

Yeah, I play. I have a Telecaster.
    I'm the king of the jungle, they call me Tiger Man. If you cross my path, you take your own life in your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerman1975 View Post
    Yeah, I play. I have a Telecaster.
    Hey! nice to know, I think I'll start that thread now, it might be interesting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12