Thread: Such A Night

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar

Such A Night

I've always thought this song was one of the best songs from the earlier years that is relatively unknown by most people (not Elvis fans). There are tons of great songs from the seventies that most people don't know, but Elvis wasn't the chart-topper then like he was back in the in the fifties and early sixties.

Kurt Russell's lipsync performance over the closing credits of 3000 Miles To Graceland was one of the better things about that movie.

But the main reason I am bringing it up now is its recent use in the TV show Psych. The main character and his love interest had never quite gotten together until this moment in the season opener of the 4th or 5th season of the show. So it was a very satisfying final scene, made all the more so with a little help from Elvis. I think you'll agree.

...you won't forget me when I go.

Coming On Strong

Re: Such A Night

The first record i ever bought was the "Such A Night"/"Never Ending" single in 1970 when i was 7 from a jumble sale......its maybe still my fave Elvis track ever.

International Level Tigerman1975's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lonniebealestreet View Post
    Kurt Russell's lipsync performance over the closing credits of 3000 Miles To Graceland was one of the better things about that movie.
    I dont know. People dog that movie, but I thought it rocked. Elvis spent years, especially the 1970's, acquiring 7 black belts and numerous guns to known as a world class BMF. I personally think that E would have liked the Thomas J Murphy (Kevin Costner) character and the fact that he took out any and everyone in his path. To get back on topic, you are right. Such a night is such a great,great song.
    Last edited by Jungleroom76; 12-03-2010 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Fixed quote code issue
    I'm the king of the jungle, they call me Tiger Man. If you cross my path, you take your own life in your hands.

yeah crackin wee tune thought the movie 3000 miles to graceland was not bad better than some of the nonsence i have seen over the years lol

I really fell in love with Such a Night when I first heard it. I used to play it on repeat a lot. I know that Aaron Neville made it a Chrismas song and I used to hear his version a lot at this time of the year. It used to really get under my skin for some reason. It's not that I don't like Aaron Neville or his music because I do. Idk why it does that to me.

Great song. Kurt Russell did a good job with Elvis' stage mannerisims. The movie......Not to bad, enjoyed it personally.
    If your an Elvis fan, no explanation is necessary....
    If your not, no explanation is possible!

I really enjoyed watching this movie because of ending song " such a night " awsome song !

He was the firstest with the mostest.

Quote Originally Posted by Awickedreigndrop View Post
    I really fell in love with Such a Night when I first heard it. I used to play it on repeat a lot. I know that Aaron Neville made it a Chrismas song and I used to hear his version a lot at this time of the year. It used to really get under my skin for some reason. It's not that I don't like Aaron Neville or his music because I do. Idk why it does that to me.
    That's Aaron Neville singing? It's on our store's Christmas Muzak rotation, that is one of two Christmas songs that I don't care for... ok, that I really don't like - at all.

Just pretend, I'm holding you, and whispering things soft and low.
    And think of me, how it's gonna be and just pretend I didn't go

Yes, that's the song. I bugged me everytime it played in the mall that I worked in.

Love 'Such a Night'......and Kurt Russell doesn't do a bad job taking El off...........
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

I really like this song too. It's another one of many that shows the uniqueness of Elvis.