Thread: Bossa Nova Baby (Viva Elvis) needs to be released as a single now! Tell Sony this!

Roustabouts

Bossa Nova Baby (Viva Elvis) needs to be released as a single now! Tell Sony this!

Bossa Nova Baby (Viva Elvis) needs to be released as a single asap because, apart from being catchy and lively, it will work great in night clubs. Also radio 1 and 2 shouldn't refuse to play it as it isn't a classic hit. This will help promote the album which is awesome. We should tell Sony this. Suspicious Minds was the wrong single to release as radio are refusing to play it as it's a classic.

This would be a great video to go with the single -
    Last edited by garydt; 11-13-2010 at 10:33 AM.
    My website for Elvis fans -

www.elvis-people.com

Re: Bossa Nova Baby (Viva Elvis) needs to be released as a single now! Tell Sony this

viva elvis is pure crap...

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

Re: Bossa Nova Baby (Viva Elvis) needs to be released as a single now! Tell Sony this

Quote Originally Posted by laura17 View Post
    viva elvis is pure crap...
    On the contrary, while I have only heard two songs from the album so far (SUSPICIOUS MINDS and BOSSA NOVA BABY), I have to say that my interest has been piqued in this album. Now I am considering picking up a copy of the CD, when only a month or so ago I wasn't even going to add it to my collection!

And you are right Garydt...BOSSA NOVA BABY is a GREAT choice for a single. It's just a shame that we're fighting a losing battle trying to get anything from VIVA ELVIS (or Elvis in general) played on the radio.

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

I agree about BNB!

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76 View Post
    On the contrary, while I have only heard two songs from the album so far (SUSPICIOUS MINDS and BOSSA NOVA BABY), I have to say that my interest has been piqued in this album. Now I am considering picking up a copy of the CD, when only a month or so ago I wasn't even going to add it to my collection!

And you are right Garydt...BOSSA NOVA BABY is a GREAT choice for a single. It's just a shame that we're fighting a losing battle trying to get anything from VIVA ELVIS (or Elvis in general) played on the radio.

TCB!
    Mike
    Mike,

I fully agree about the lack of airplay due mainly to station policy. However, Sony could bypass radio stations by supplying clubs with promotional copies of the album. The album is ideal for clubs and certain tracks are already starting to get attention e.g. 'Bossa Nova Baby' and 'King Creole'.

Brian

From what I have heard of the album so far, and I was very sceptic, is that the majority of tracks sound really fresh. And of course, it's remixes of Elvis tracks, but listen carefully and you hear small parts of Elvis from other recordings inserted in certain songs.

I do think that the uptempo songs work better in these remixed versions then the ballads do.

Mike you've heard the best two songs on the album.

Quote Originally Posted by rickb View Post
    Mike you've heard the best two songs on the album.
    Hmmm....thanks for the tip Rick! Perhaps I'll have to reconsider picking up the CD then...

TCB!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Quinn View Post
    Mike,

I fully agree about the lack of airplay due mainly to station policy. However, Sony could bypass radio stations by supplying clubs with promotional copies of the album. The album is ideal for clubs and certain tracks are already starting to get attention e.g. 'Bossa Nova Baby' and 'King Creole'.

Brian
    I get that feeling as well from the tracks I've heard so far Brian. I really think VIVA ELVIS will be a much bigger success on the "club scene" versus on the radio.

TCB!
    Mike

My 26 year old daughter really likes the Suspicious Minds remix so she checked out the samples of the others.......unfortunately she was not as thrilled with the other samples she heard especially one in which (as she put it) "some woman was singing with him" she said of the 8 tracks she heard she only likes "King Creole" the rest she said were not as good.......of course thats just one younger persons opinion.
    Work in Progress!