Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 'Viva Elvis' The Album - Chart Results

Re: 'Viva Elvis' The Album - Chart Results

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    I'm sure many people like Celine for her voice-no doubt she is very talented and popular-but understanding the music of Elvis, the true roots and where to properly go with it is more important IMO than how popular, current or talented someone may be.
    I would also not like to see the Monkees reunite to Duet with Elvis or the 1910 Fruitgum Company for the same reasons.
    Hahaha... yep you do got it. I agree with you.

TCB Mafia

'Viva Elvis' The Album drops from 52 to a disappointing 78 on this week's UK Album Chart.

Brian

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by laura17 View Post
    viva elvis is pure crap...
    Hit the nail on the head.

TCB Mafia

'Viva Elvis' is one of my all-time favourite Elvis albums. I think it rates along with 'From Elvis In Memphis' and 'Elvis Is Back'. However, should have had more tracks.

Brian

Coming On Strong

"Pure crap"................nahhh. Even though there are only a couple of killer tracks for me (King Creole and Bossa Nova Baby) the rest of the album is growing on me. It does make much more sense when you see the show, though the one thing that still annoys me is some of the clunky guitar work, but i`m still glad i have this Vegas show album. For all its faults its far from "pure crap" in my eyes.

My friend Brian with all due respect-I can not agree, that this album "constructed for a stage show from Elvis originals and then reconstructed" with not one note of new vocals or any musical input from the man we all say was a genuis............can actually rate with the albums you sight in which he was the driving creative force.
    I'm glad you like it but as I have pointed out-if someone takes five Rembrandts and lets another artist pick and choose what parts to use in a new picture, let that artist decide where each part will go and how big they will be, then in the end proclaim....." We have another Rembrandt...... and its better that the five originals" I'm sorry I just do not understand how that can be?
    Either creative talents such as Elvis, Rembrandt, Mozart, etc.... are unique.... or they are not if all you need is a small essence of their work to create even better things than they themselves created......sorry we just disagree.
    George Martin was active in the creation of the Beatles "Love" reconstruction, and Paul, Ringo and even ....gulp.....Yoko made contributions to how the Beatles songs were used and mixed-the original creators were participating which made the "Love" album so much better IMO.
    Beatle fans were given the treat of new versions of songs they loved....in which the creative talents who produced the originals had some control and input in the reconstruction......it shows.
    Work in Progress!

the album was not bad it does make more sence when seen with the show bit dissapointed with its chart position but hey least he was back in the charts it had adverts abotut it here on t.v and the viva elvis show was on come dancing so it got some publicity

SleepyJack

I`ve given the album a lot of plays since I bought it and,after the initial "Hmmm...not as bad as I expected.."feeling passed I`m more sure now than i ever was that the original recordings are superior to these re-makes.There is no way it would ever make it into a list of my favourite Elvis albums,not even close.If you sit down somewhere and play both the original and the "viva" versions of "Suspicious Minds" it`s just obvious that the real soul of Elvis music is there in the original..it sounds natural and soulful and strong...the "viva" version sounds like what it is...a watered-down,novelty-exercise in audio technology.Maybe it`s time to just say "tried it...it didn`t work.."and concentrate on the music that Elvis recorded.... he was pretty good at it you know!

You just hit that spot on Jack!

I have the cd as well, listened to it like 4, 5 times, and thought it was something really cool and new at first, which it is of course. But at the same time I felt like, why am I finding this cool? This has nothing to do with Elvis....

What we want to hear is the original music for sure, and yes, this is a nice try, and it has some appeal, but it does not come close to hearing the originals of our man!

It is like the commercial said: been there, done it, tried it.

Viva Elvis is the worst album ever with the king..... i really really think that The "only" King is turning around in his grave. This album is absolutly not from the kings musicheart. i`m really surprised that the people around the brand Elvis Presley said yes to such a thing. Just my opinion but hey its a free world :-)
    [Royalties come and go....... But there is only one man we always call THE KING

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
    You just hit that spot on Jack!

I have the cd as well, listened to it like 4, 5 times, and thought it was something really cool and new at first, which it is of course. But at the same time I felt like, why am I finding this cool? This has nothing to do with Elvis....

What we want to hear is the original music for sure, and yes, this is a nice try, and it has some appeal, but it does not come close to hearing the originals of our man!It is like the commercial said: been there, done it, tried it.
    I agree totally with you here, its a nice effort and it does more or less add some contemporary sound to the songs but it was an effort in manipulation and constructon which has less to do with creativity... and more to do with building the Viva Elvis show. The people involved were the creative forces for this not Elvis.
    But it has some appeal I agree.
    Work in Progress!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234