Thread: WE NEED ACTION NOW FOR ELVIS THE KING!

WE NEED ACTION NOW FOR ELVIS THE KING!

I have noticed over the last 18 months or so, a disturbing rise in anti-Elvis propaganda and even Elvis hate groups springing up by Michael Jackson devotees. These cultists are going overboard in proclaiming Jacko the undisputed King- which is one step above his previous (and self-proclaimed) title KING OF POP.

Even the title KING OF POP was a shameless invention of Jacko who anointed himself with this title and went to great efforts to ensure he was always introduced as such at press conferences, events etc. There are even a number of reports where he refused to go on stage unless he was introduced as the King of Pop.

There will soon be a new Jackson album out of unreleased songs and people just take a look at the artwork....it shows Jackson with a bejewelled crown above his head as though he were a King.

The Jackson fans are going out of their way to promote this fiction that Michael Jackson is The King- a fiction which he himself started as he was clearly Jealous of the truth that Elvis is the King of music.

As all the Elvis fans know, it was the public who started calling Elvis THE KING - not like Michael Jackson who tried to bully the press and his publiscists into calling him it. Unless we start being more proactive, the Jackson cultists will be overwhelming the internet with their lies!

Just a small thing we can do for the YouTubers amongst us:

I have here a CROWN LOGO which I am now putting beside Elvis' name in the heading of all my videos- it will look like this:

It's just a small act which hopefully will be taken up by at least some of the millions other Elvis YouTube users!

I am not a Jackson hater and I even own some of his music. I am just angered by the fans of Jackson who since the sad death of their hero, have realised that Elvis was the King all along and are now resorting to very underhand tactics. I am sure that all the media coverage of Jackson's death and the inevitable comparisons with Elvis have led them to research into the Elvis phenomenon and it was then they realised that Elvis is simply "THE KING" and it is he who is the biggest-selling and most influential artist ever.
    Last edited by JRtherealJR; 11-06-2010 at 05:16 PM.

Cadillac King janice mcclelland's Avatar

Re: WE NEED ACTION NOW FOR ELVIS THE KING!

Yes, I'm in total agreement with you on this, we need to stand-up and be counted and take action.It's bad enough that the very record company are stepping on Elvis and his fans!

Cadillac King

I agree. I saw a small footage of elvis vs Michael and without no doubt Michael had a lot of same moves that Elvis used in his early years and also Elvis didn't need a voice coach and dancinstructor like Michael. (Elvis could sing tenor, bass and alt. Michael just had a common voice) So it's abvious who's the best. If only people would open their eyes and ears.....It's about time that EPE and others get up and start promoting Elvis again. It feels like they all fell asleep. HELLOOOO WAKY, WAKE.

Christel (TCE)

I'm afraid I have to disagree! I am an Elvis fan but no action needs to be taken to prove that Elvis is better or more talented etc than Michael. I say this for two reasons. Firstly, Elvis was from a different era to Michael so all the like for like comparisons are ludicrous. Secondly, Michael came after Elvis and died only last year and so his fans are responding to that - let them have their moment!

Of course MJ fans are going to say he was better than Elvis, that's what fans do! but we don't have to respond to that. It's like running a race, you have to focus on yourself and not the competition. In fact, Elvis did that when he was alive. When asked if he was scared by the British Invasion, primarily The Beatles, he said there's room enough for everyone. He carried on doing his own thing.

Elvis is already very well known and publicised very well by EPE. They've offered a free tour of Graceland etc for the Chilean miner and they've recently released the Viva album, two positive, very high profile stories.

It's not about proving what Michael is not (why waste your time and energy doing that) it's about encouraging and supporting positive stories and initiatives connected to Elvis. Forget anyone else!!

Backstage Pass

Where I sign? How do to this?
    Michael Jackson was wannabe, had some talent but not near Elvis at all I think.

Jackson fans see MJ as we see Elvis-they do seem to go overboard in their devotion-I debated a couple on Topixs and the really fanatical take potshots at Elvis constantly.....looking for reasons to make outlandish claims and try to defend them. I finally realised that they were not going to be changed nor would they be fair in the comparisons so I gave up. Some of their claims included....Elvis did not sell many records really, Elvis was never a "Global Superstar"..... Elvis chart history around the world has nothing to do with sales, and MJ is the worlds biggest record seller above Elvis and the Beatles........????
    Work in Progress!

Just for the record, Elvis hated to be called "The King". The only King was Jesus he said. So...

Back in the 50's were not the fans but promoters who started calling Elvis the King, an it was corny, small town thing (no ofence), just like someone calling his new restaurant King of chicken... that cheap.

Sure, after all this years, King has taken new meanings in Elvis legend, but as Lightcloud said and also KMP, I don't think no action is needed, let them be, is their personal freedom and choices, true will shine on its own. Outside the M.J. fan club, there is the solid data about record sales and all that. Personally I don't need to call Elvis King neither I need people to call it that way, to me, really, it is positive enough if people just consider him a real cool guy, good looking, extra nice guy, who recorded some dam good records, and could really shake people up with his live performances. Now, how a child molester, alien looking, castrated singing monster can compete with that? lol. That's just another way to say: synths and electronic bullshit just can't compete with the sound of an old gibson or telecaster pluged into a vintage fender amp, and some raw vocals from the guts, now that was Elvis, that's a classic, that's forever. Who carees what the creeps call King? Pop will never beat rock and roll hehe...
    Last edited by Raised on Rock; 11-09-2010 at 01:07 PM.

Mad Tigers

I have a twin sister that is fan of MJ and they do the same thing to Elvis! make threads that they hate him and they have to make mj bigger and all that!!!!!

Cadillac King

I just don't understand that people can be so blind and empty headed. It's plain to see that Elvis was better. MJ copied many moves that Elvis used in his early years, Elvis had a much better voice, much more carisma etc., Elvis did so much for people (without any publicity) and most of all (what many people seem to forget) he opened doors for the future. I think it's plain jealousy of the MJ fans.

Christel (TCE)

Cadillac King janice mcclelland's Avatar

I have also noticed the hype beginning for Jackson's 'new' cd. Once again Elvis is pushed aside, shame on the record company!

I think the Micheal Jackson craze will die down in the next year or so. No one will ever have the staying power as Elvis has had in the past 32 years and his memory has not been tarnished such as Michael's with tales of child molestation, etc. Whether the accusations were true or false doesn't matter. They're out there and people do not forget.
    I take comfort in the fact that Elvis Presley's music and persona is timeless and he will always be remembered no matter who the general public thinks is "King".

Nathan Belt
    www.nathanbelt.com

I was indifferent to Jackson in the 80's and not at all surprised when The Charges happened

but, since the really obvious any day now could be his last - I have begun to really loathe these Jackson fans who are bashing on Elvis in Elvis forums and this stupid anti-Elvis crusade.

Elvis didn't want to be called the King, but he was anointed anyway - Jackson did have a PR guy come up with that and got Elizabeth Taylor to use it and then forced the media to use it or be denied access. I recall a big article at the time about that.

Jackson wasn't the king of anything but capitol S Spectacle - and I mean that in the positive meaning - think PT Barnum.

Jackson's 80's costumes were not military inspired - they were circus performer inspired

I would imagine that these pro-Jackson/anti-Elvis people weren't fans of either prior to their respective deaths

and like people who go and stand vigil at the site that a death of a person they didn't know, they are attaching themselves to something that's tragic and larger than themselves
    _________
    there is no snooze button on a cat that wants breakfast.

Nina's Elvis blogs: http://ntrygg.wordpress.com/elvis-index/

I seem to recall some very unkind and cutting remarks on TCB Forum the day MJ died.
    http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/8558/42274.gif