Thread: Elvis 1968 - 1971

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar

Elvis 1968 - 1971

Elvis looked good most of his life, however the period 1968 - 1971 are golden years in my opinion, I love seeing photo's of the quality below seeing Elvis happy and looking healthy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	June 1969.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	48588

Re: Elvis 1968 - 1971

He certainly was great looking then, i prefer the Army Elvis, closely followed by 68-71.

I agree, '68 to '71 were Elvis' golden years....I'd even push it a little to '73 although you could see something setting in then.

SleepyJack

Agree,love seeing photos from that time...he just looked so alive an happy almost all the time,great days.
    As far as his "look" goes though I think the mid-to-late `50s shades it for me though...love that cool `50s Rock`n`Roll rebel look.

Here is another nice photo from that period, 4th Nov 1968.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4th Nov 1968.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	48603

Backstage Pass

I have question, but first I agree. Best ever he looked but I ahve to say 69 to 73.
    My question is are we allow to post pictures with logo on them I dont know who said to me, might be private message that we not allowed to do that because I wanted to post from another rareelvis place but has logo.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
    My question is are we allow to post pictures with logo on them I dont know who said to me, might be private message that we not allowed to do that because I wanted to post from another rareelvis place but has logo.
    The reason I have put a logo on these pictures is because they come from my collection and I have put TCB-World logo which is this site. The reason we ask people to not put other pictures with logo's is because they have been posted by people who obviously want to protect their photo's.

Backstage Pass

Oh ok make sense, thank you for explain.
    Person logo I want to post is person who owns photo but I guess I have to ask for ok first right?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
    Oh ok make sense, thank you for explain.
    Person logo I want to post is person who owns photo but I guess I have to ask for ok first right?
    That would be best

Yes 68-71 Elvis was not just great looking but he had huge vitality and interest in his life and his work-and that just made his physical appearance even more pronounced.
    He was totally fully engaged in life-and that made his charisma even more potent and almost superhuman. IMO
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Yes 68-71 Elvis was not just great looking but he had huge vitality and interest in his life and his work-and that just made his physical appearance even more pronounced.
    He was totally fully engaged in life-and that made his charisma even more potent and almost superhuman. IMO
    I agree with you Ken, It is difficult to find a bad picture of Elvis between these years, 1971 was the last year that Elvis didn't have to put much effort into looking great! In 1972 Elvis was up and down with regards to his appearance, you only have to look at pictures of 'Elvis On Tour' where he looks washed out and puffy around the face. In total contrast Elvis looked good for the Madison Square Gardens dates and later in the year in November he looked good.

1973 was a year of two half's where Jan - August Elvis looked pretty good however by the end of the year it is clear there are health issues and other problems beginning to surface. I'm not saying Elvis was ugly or anything like that, just that he was unable to conceal his health problems. When you are ill that can been seen in your appearance.

I have always regretted that in 1970 I was unable to get tickets to Elvis's first US Tour since the 50s-He came to St. Louis On Sept 10th, 1970 and I "assumed" it would take some time for the tickets to sell out. I mowed lawns, did odd jobs, cashed in glass soda bottles etc to come up with ticket money (which was not that much by todays standards- if I recall it was $5-$7.50 and $12.50)
    when I finally went to get tickets they told me it sold out the day it went on sale in a matter of hours (without computer or phone sales)
    A friend and fellow fan did get to go and she told me no words could describe how great he looked, sang and performed. Missed opportunity!
    Work in Progress!

I love this golden period too , Elvis in his prime ! no one could be compared with him .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1968nov10408.jpg   1.jpg  

He was the firstest with the mostest.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Engaged in life, that's the whole point. If we think a bit, it was '62-'63(Girls Girls Girls-Fun in Acapulco) when he was physically in the best shape of his life, yet you can tell he was bored, just playing along the game, by the time he made Viva las Vegas that became more on the surface, by Roustabout, BORED, NOT INTERESTED, SICK OF IT, IM IN A BAD MOOD was writen all over his face, and depsite he was on great physical shape, the charisma was almost gone because of that. Year latter, by the time he made Paradaise Hawaiian Style up to Clambake, you can tell something was not at all right with him just by looking.

And then after the marriageand Lisa on his way, by the second half of '67, when he made Stay Away Joe, wow! that's Elvis once again, physically looking great but more than that, glowing in charisma, ENGAGED IN LIFE, the kind of guy you can't help but telling, hey! you look good man! and you feel good to0 because of it, and that was Elvis up to summer of '71.
    Last edited by Raised on Rock; 11-10-2010 at 11:23 PM.