Thread: Just got the new FTD, As Recorded At Boston Garden

Just got the new FTD, As Recorded At Boston Garden

I give a A+!! The sound is magnificent! The show is VERY, very energetic! You won't get many, if any soundboards from the early 70's in this great of shape. The audience is as loud as any mono soundboard recording I have ever heard regarding Elvis live cds. This disc is truly a testiment to how great a vocalist, performer and all around entertainer he was. To me, the highlights are Proud Mary, You've Lost That Loving Feeling, Polk Salad Annie, Blue Suede Shoes, Hound Dog, I'm leavin', Bridge Over Troubled Water (maybe the best version to date) and Suspicious Minds. The rest is great but those individuals stood out the most. If you do not have this show, or even if you do have the original bootleg, I still reccomend that you get it. The sound mix is superior to that of Power Of Shazam.

Re: Just got the new FTD, As Recorded At Boston Garden

Nice to hear a possitive review, so many fans seem dissappointed with this release, saying its worse than Madisons release, how does the packaging rate ?

Just Got This, And The Stand-out Track For Me Is 'I'M LEAVIN' It's Got A Sharp Sound To It,
    But All In All It's A Great CD With Elvis In Really Good Voice. HAPPY LISTENING EVERYONE

How does the sound hold up on this release?

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar

The sound is very good on this recording. I like 'One Night With You' & the incomplete 'How Great Thou Art' As well as those mentioned about. I love the photo's from the concert also, The Black Pinwheel Jumpsuit'

The sound on this release is remarkable for a soundboard priot to 1974 or any year for that matter. Very clear. Better than the stereo mix of An Afternoon In The Garden.

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

I haven't received my copy yet, but I am also curious about the sound quality as I have read quite a few mixed reviews on it from around the internet. Some say it's better than the Madison release, while others say that it is on par with that import release.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it so much Vivaelvis! You are correct that recordings of this quality from 1971 are indeed rare, so it's nice to finally have the Boston show available to fans who may not have been fortunate enough to pick up a copy of it from the import market.

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

The audio is good only because it was taken/stolen directly from the Madison release. FTD didn't have this show in any form so they stole it from Madison. Such a shame because the Madison guys paid a lot of money for it!!!
    Stealing the audio (even if FTD is an official label) is not a kind thing.

So the audio is similar to the Madison CD (One Night Only) but the mastering was done by Lene Reidel this time. This is why the bootleg has slightly clearer and better sound.
    If you already have One Night Only then there's no need to buy the FTD.

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar

Better than An Afternoon In The Garden, really?
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unchained View Post
    Do you find it to be superior to the Madison release JJ?

I don't rush into buying these FTD CD's anymore. Just a few weeks ago I've ordered Showtime CD's and liked it, but gave it away cause it was not better then the one I already owned.
    yes, I prefer the sound of the FTD. It's less sharp/harsh as the Madison (and of course superior to the Power Of Zhazam). There's also less overall 'hiss' during the show. If i'd have to choose between the two, I would choose for the FTD release (eventhough the Madison is even better than FTD's)
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Quote Originally Posted by vivaelvis View Post
    The sound on this release is remarkable for a soundboard priot to 1974 or any year for that matter. Very clear. Better than the stereo mix of An Afternoon In The Garden.
    What an odd comment.
    An Afternoon In The Garden is a stereo multi-track recording and FAR SUPERIOR compared to the Boston soundboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Unchained View Post
    Are you sure about that? How do you know this?
    Yes,i KNOW it!
    FTD stole the audio directly from Madison's One Night Only. They are the official label so they have the right to steal material from bootleggers,but morally it's disgusting.

I have the "The Power of Zhazam!" cd. So it sounds like I definately need to get the new FTD.

"...but the moment that I never think of you, oh how impossible."

Quote Originally Posted by Hitchie View Post
    I have the "The Power of Zhazam!" cd. So it sounds like I definately need to get the new FTD.
    If you don't have the fantastic Madison release then the FTD will be ok.
    The Madison CD was sold out very soon,just a few months after its release so nowadays it's impossible to get it. Those poor fans who couldn't get the Madison,have to be satisfied with the inferior FTD.

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

Just a friendly reminder: PLEASE try and keep things civil during your discussion here. We don't want this topic to escalate and get out of hand.

Also...if you are going to post statements as "fact", please provide the appropriate research to back up your claims. Without the proper documentation, a statement can not be posted as "fact"...it is merely an "opinion". "I know it" is NOT acceptable proof that something is fact.

Please remember these reminders as you continue to post in this thread!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Quote Originally Posted by danny View Post
    The audio is good only because it was taken/stolen directly from the Madison release. FTD didn't have this show in any form so they stole it from Madison. Such a shame because the Madison guys paid a lot of money for it!!!
    Stealing the audio (even if FTD is an official label) is not a kind thing.

So the audio is similar to the Madison CD (One Night Only) but the mastering was done by Lene Reidel this time. This is why the bootleg has slightly clearer and better sound.
    If you already have One Night Only then there's no need to buy the FTD.
    the ftd release is far superior that the madison one in sound and presentation, you should actualy get the cd and then make a comment like that, but then again you are very bias and a know it all.

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar

I can't think of a label with better presentation than the Madison label. But the quality of artwork was never up to par with the remastering and sound restoration. Many times I felt while listening to a Madison release that it was a missed opportunity.
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom