Thread: 3D Elvis

TCB Mafia

3D Elvis

This has been around on the Web for some time now but I thought I would post it on this Board for those who may not have seen it. I think it is amazing, especially as it is only in its embryo stage, but if perfected then it could form the basis for the next generation of 'Elvis In Concert'.

Brian

Thumbs up Re: 3D Elvis

I like the looks of this,,, really see a difference ,,, I am going to buy a 3d tv soon. And yes great for generations to come. Little more tuning and will be perfect.(

SleepyJack

Re: 3D Elvis

Thanks for reminding me of this one Brian. The guy did a really good job with this...seem to remember him commenting that it took a lot of hours and effort to get it to that stage. What I`d like to see would be to have a full-length concert like that...it would be an interesting,new way to see Elvis.Thanks again.

Undoubtedly this new animation technology is good when it comes to creating fictional charters and creatures and things..., but I somehow don't like it when they use it for portraying real human beings...because in my opinion, if perfected, it will be very unreal and instead of bringing Elvis closer to people, they'll make him more distant. So I'll just stick to the videos, they are more than good enough for me
    This is a product of hard work though. It must have taken them years to create this. This person must be a real artist...and I have respect for that Thanks for posting it, Brian

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

That's very interesting Brian!! Thanks so much for posting that!!

I hadn't heard about Elvis in 3-D until I saw this, although I should have suspected that this would be coming with the advancement of technology!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Quinn View Post
    This has been around on the Web for some time now but I thought I would post it on this Board for those who may not have seen it. I think it is amazing, especially as it is only in its embryo stage, but if perfected then it could form the basis for the next generation of 'Elvis In Concert'.

Brian
    You're right, I think I saw "this "clip allready , maybe two years or so ago.
    \But it seems to me, that this one that you posted here, is a better worked-out version. It looks like some facial expressions have been improved.
    I"m looking forward to see ,how close they can get to the real-thing . I really respect the ones who take the time to make this. Keep up the great work.
    They must really love and know Elvis,cause you can see some great details,that makes Elvis , Elvis.

I think I posted this a couple years back-the man said it took 2 years to do this.
    If perfectly mirrors his movements doing this song from TTWII-so I am assuming that the footage was downloaded into a computer then animated with the footage as a guide.
    The real test will come from trying to animate a song Elvis has done-but no footage of him doing it exists.........I'm sure that is years away but would love to see someone try this.
    Work in Progress!

I hate to be the dish rag in all this. I think it's very well done for the type of art it is and don't doubt that it had to have taken a lot of work, but it still looks unrealistic to me and makes Elvis look wooden. Like Marija, I prefer to watch my own tapes of him on stage.

yes i have seen this and it is great.

But In the future you can use all the available 1969 photo images(thousands) load them into a super powerfull computer and then the computer will generate a totally lifelike 1969 Elvis with lifelike detail from every angle (looks real)

So one day we can have a 1969 Elvis concert.

technically cool but emotionally creepy

the closer that animators try to make their human characters, the less actual people are generally comfortable with them - because the subtle things that are wrong just just out and highlight how not human the image is.

I too prefer the real film we have of Elvis singing his heart out with real emotions on his face and expressed in his body movements
    _________
    there is no snooze button on a cat that wants breakfast.

Nina's Elvis blogs: http://ntrygg.wordpress.com/elvis-index/

It's one of the better CGI attempts at The King I have seen. But who would want to sit through what is essentially a cartoon of Elvis (no matter how photo-realistic it appears to be) when we have the real King on DVD. The technology exists now to convert any 2D film into 3D- they did it with Clash Of The Titans this year. It was filmed in 2D, but after the success of Avatar, the studio hastily converted it into 3D.
    A converted 3D is not as good as true 3D but I would love to see ALOHA FROM HAWAII 3D or THAT'S THE WAY IT IS 3D and there is no reason why these projects cannot happen!
    Once any Elvis footage is coverted into 3D, I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before we get a true 3D Elvis concert touring the world!