Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'Viva Elvis' - The Album Tracklisting

Re: 'Viva Elvis' - The Album Tracklisting

Well so far Sony is letting Elvis forums and fansites carry the word forward-which from a bottom line business standpoint is smart............I guess.
    Lets hope they get some "BUZZ" started in other places outside the Elvis world-after all its not long till the album is released.
    Work in Progress!

I don't know, but at first ,when the news came out about this beeing released, I was excited,but the closer we get to the release date the lesser I get excited.
    SO far it's all dissapointment to me, The short tracklist, the lack of promotion are not what I expected.

I agree, were not far away now , and theres not a whisper in the UK about this "amazing release", short tracklist ? more like short changed, thats how i feel, its got that XMAS DUETS feel all over it .........

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar

I still haven't heard anything from this album
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

TCB Mafia

Have faith. The album has 12 tracks in the UK and some countries (Belgium, France, Spain) have 13 (including a duet on 'Love Me Tender' by local artists).

Promotion

Cirque du Soleil, Pricilla Presley and the album producer Erich Van Tourneau all undertaking promo.
    Priscilla has already been on The One Show
    Major TVs are being lined up

Marketing

TV: Very heavy TV campaign across ITV, C4, Five and satellite booked from launch up to Christmas
    National X Factor launch spot the day before release

Outdoor: Nationwide Adrail campaign

Radio: Campaigns booked with Heart, Smooth and Capital

Press: Nationwide front page strip on Metro day of release
    Sunday Mirror day before release
    Red & Hello full page ads

Online: Facebook, Youtube and Google campaigns.

Brian
    Last edited by Brian Quinn; 09-28-2010 at 06:55 AM.

Cadillac King

I still have my hopes for this. Brians right when he says its too early to start any promo. Although I'd like to see something soon. Those things listed above sound very promising, and I expect there will be reviews in several music mags, so then it depends on the quality of the album to the praise/slating it receives.

The X factor launch spot will be seen by millions of viewers which can't be a bad thing. And here in the UK, we've seen what a small bit of promo can do. The Elv75 album earlier this year got a pretty small promotional campaign on tv and got to number 8.

Well I am going by the only true promotional effort for an Elvis release since he died-for Elvis 30#1s..... that was being hyped and promoted for months before its release.
    30#1s had a steady stream of promotion up to and after the release. If this is on par with that-I am missing something somewhere.
    IMO its never too early to start promo for any product-you have to get people aware of the product, curious with anticipation about the product, and finally wanting to buy the product because-"Everyone else is talking about it"
    That can take a very long time especially in promoting an artist who is no longer with us and nothing is truely new-just changed, or altered in some way.
    But time will tell when its finally on the market.
    Work in Progress!

Hello,

I agree, but what about airplay regarding "suspicious minds" The song is nowhere to be seen. None of the UK radio playlist I have checked so far. This is the key factor: no airplay = poor sales.

Hope I am wrong though...
    I SHALL RETURN!

The real challenge for Sony is to get regular radio play-and many stations (in the US anyway) are hesitant to play something they think is not mainstream.
    ALLC sold itself, with the movie "Oceans 11" using it, the world soccer org. adopting it as their song, and all the 25th anniversary free publicity.........but in the US it got little airplay (but more than any other release by Elvis in years)
    ALLC was the top selling single in the US for some weeks that year-but it was not number one on the charts because it got little requests and plays. That seems unfair to me-but thats how the Billboard system for singles works. In the old days whatever sold the most was usually the number 1 song.
    Work in Progress!

Cadillac King

Ive found a couple of articles today, one in the NME music magazine, and the other in the british newpaper, The Sun. Both explaining the idea behind the new album. Hopefully this sort of thing will start the ball rolling.

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by italianfan View Post
    Ive found a couple of articles today, one in the NME music magazine, and the other in the british newpaper, The Sun. Both explaining the idea behind the new album. Hopefully this sort of thing will start the ball rolling.
    Thanks for that - and here's one of them:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...new-album.html

Brian

It's Great That They ( SONY ) Are doing something positive i guess, But i won't be purchasing it ( ELVIS VIVA )
    Mainly because i prefer the originals and also the FTD Releases as well.

TCB Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy1966 View Post
    It's Great That They ( SONY ) Are doing something positive i guess, But i won't be purchasing it ( ELVIS VIVA )
    Mainly because i prefer the originals and also the FTD Releases as well.
    Hi Jimmy,

Beleve it or not I have just ordered 50 copies to send to relatives and friends at Christmas. The rest I will donate to local libraries and hospices. The remixes are different to the originals and not better or worse as far as I am concerned. I am really looking forward to it. Just goes to show we are all different in our tastes.

Brian
    Last edited by Brian Quinn; 09-29-2010 at 01:48 PM.

Cadillac King

Beleve it or not I have just ordered 50 copies to send to relatives and friends at Christmas
    Well Brian, hats off to you!

That's real dedication. Althought I wont be buying 50 copies, Ill be sure to buy a few to do my part.

At the moment, Viva Elvis is at number 88 on the amazon pre-order chart.
    Last edited by italianfan; 09-29-2010 at 03:28 PM.

You can now hear 30 seconds of all the tracks on the album at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Elvis-Presley/...928&sr=1-2-ent

See the box in the top right of the page called 'listen for free'.
    The Acoustic Rockabilly Channel ♫ for exclusive acoustic rockabilly videos

Elvis holidays & tours to Memphis & Graceland with Arena Travel

Well, prior to the tracklisting announcement, I was actually excited and looking forward to the soundtrack. But since having the opportunity to hear samples of each track I can honestly say that this is the worst attempt to make Elvis contemporary today that I have ever heard. This album makes Spankox look like Einstein and that's not a compliment to Spankox either. What Felton Jarvis did back in 1980 was a better attempt to make Elvis sound modern then than this album does today. I didn't understand all the negativity and criticizsm aimed at the album at first, but now I do loud and clear. The sad part is, after first listen, the public will be laughing at Elvis instead of finding him cool.

If this is what they think will make him "hip" then bring on a remastered dvd of Elvis In Concert. It would do less harm than this garbage will.

Cadillac King

I like quite a few of those tracks. Love me tender sounds great. 30 seconds really isnt long enough to make a judgement on a song.

TCB Mafia

This is the BEST album from Elvis since he died. Truly tremendous. He is now getting the backing he should have had all along. Instead of middle aged musicians and a plethora of backing groups drowning him out he is now getting contemporary musicians who are innovative and keen to succeed. The general public will decide if this is a winner.

Cadillac King

Currently at number 54 on Amazon UK Pre order chart

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Quinn View Post
    This is the BEST album from Elvis since he died. Truly tremendous. He is now getting the backing he should have had all along. Instead of middle aged musicians and a plethora of backing groups drowning him out he is now getting contemporary musicians who are innovative and keen to succeed. The general public will decide if this is a winner.
    This album is in Elvis's name, his likeness-"but it is not from Elvis" he had no creative imput in this album. Just as any project using his vocals which alters from the originals since he died.
    My friend we will have to disagree!
    In your opinion-the new backing is what he should have had all along-that is a subjective opinion.
    Aged musicians, and a plethora of backing groups?-Who produced the sound that "Elvis wanted" (and when they did not-he let them know it....or when the masters were altered from the sound he had signed off on)
    The Memphis musicians on the 1969 sessions (who made recordings with many the top artists of the 60s and 70s)- were top notch.
    You can not rewrite history-as I pointed out earlier the contemporary sound from contemporary musicians which you say are innovative-is also subjective to the time-the era in which you inhabit or speak about. Elvis could not have had this sound-in 1969 just as he could not have had the 1969 sound-in 1955 and that is true of every artist in every era.
    As we have pointed out-this album was designed to fit the format of the "Viva Elvis" production-it was constructed for a certain feel, a certain flow, that Elvis had absolutely no say so in.
    I hope it sells millions......but I hope it does not lead to a succession of new "Viva Elvis" type productions which only water down the original artistry.......add water to anything over and over and eventually all you have water with a slight taste of something else-that you can't quite make out!
    I applaud your enthusiasum for these new things, but just do not agree with your perception of what it does for Elvis's legacy.......in the long run.
    Call me more a purist-the originals must be good-they are what started the revolution, you can not recreate a revolution.
    Work in Progress!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast