Thread: New Elvis Single - 'Suspicious Minds'

TCB Mafia

New Elvis Single - 'Suspicious Minds'

Hot off the Press. The new Elvis single, from the 'Viva Elvis' Album, is 'Suspicious Minds'. I do not know the flip side or official release date yet. According to SONY (UK) it will get its first airing this coming Wednesday (15th) on a morning radio show but I do not know which one - I suspect it will be the Chris Evans Show on BBC Radio 2.

Brian

Cadillac King

Re: New Elvis Single - 'Suspicious Minds'

Excellent stuff. It sounded great on the radio last night.

TCB Mafia

Looks like the release date is 25th October. Please go to the following URL:

http://elvis.de

Brian

Absolutely Love this arrangement,it's a perfect showpiece for that out of this world perfect vocal,and i give it a perfect 10 score out of 10!
    Many fans on other Elvis messageboards are saying that they should have picked a more obscure recording for the single release.
    So i wonder if they are correct? If this could be a big hit then maybe we could get more great releases coming,do you think that because the public know this song that this could put a dent on the sales figures and prevent it from going number one|?
    i pray that it will go number one,it really is so fabulous,i just really love it,it's amazing!

Here you can download Suspicious minds in great audio and I tried to synch it with the fireworks video from you tube. before downloading ,enter the 3 digits., wait and download.
    http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=8w634tg0qwc

I hope it does well. Either way, Elvis' voice is spectacular!

Cadillac King

Was it played? I cant find it on any of the track lists for the BBC morning shows.

Ehm - no.
    Might as well release a live version from '69 or '70.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/999022_359272057534723_1223625887_n.jpg

all the goons I left behind, memories still linger..

Isn't this the 3rd or fourth time in the last 33 years that Suspicious Minds has been re-released in the UK?
    Work in Progress!

Mad Tigers

Thank you, Elvos77, I`ve just downloaded it His vocal is so clear and wonderful, should be something that just blows the public off their chairs
    Wether it will be a monster-hit like ALLC, I`m a little doubtful.. Remember it had a lot of
    "free exposure" from the NIKE ad. But to see Elvis top the charts again would sure satisfy my soul

Cadillac King

But to see Elvis top the charts again would sure satisfy my soul
    Mine too! Imagine a number 1 album, and a couple of number 1 singles.

I heard it and really like it. It's definately different than the original version. Is it going to be released as a single in the US also?

Cadillac King

I think Ive found where it'll first be played....

http://radiotoday.co.uk/news.php?extend.6275.17

Smooth Radio will play it on their Friday morning shows at 8.15
    Last edited by italianfan; 09-16-2010 at 05:10 AM.

Cadillac King

Heres what the actual song sounds like..... http://www.tn.com.ar/show/114777/esc...-elvis-presley

I have mixed feelings about this remix-it is certainly different, not at all the "rock opus" that many rock critics have refered to it as the complexity of the song-its makeup-is very very different than the original which is a classic. Is it too different?? I guess thats up to individual thought and decision.
    That said it does have a nice very upfront clear Elvis vocal, and it certainly has orchestrational drama-but the speed of the song seems slower, and the drama of the up and down out of control feel that Elvis gave the original and his live shows-seems lost.
    Work in Progress!

TCB Mafia

Personally I prefer the new version of 'Suspicious Minds to the original. This is the type of backing Elvis should have had all along. Now for some REAL chart action.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Quinn View Post
    Personally I prefer the new version of 'Suspicious Minds to the original. This is the type of backing Elvis should have had all along. Now for some REAL chart action.

Brian
    I think "Supsicious Minds" was a huge hit in 69 for a good reason-it has been called " a mini rock opus" so I think it is one of those recordings which must have been done pretty well by Elvis and his musicians in 69.
    I think I would disagree with your statement "this is the type backing Elvis should have had all along"
    You could listen to the original "Guitar Man" from 1967 and compare it to the remix done in the early 80s with Jerry Reed playing guitar on both..........................his 80s version seemed more in tune with the current music he was doing-but his picking on both versions is excellent.......he evolved so his playing evolved. The early 80s version seemed fresher to me (at the time)- but actually it was just different. If I had my pick of all the Guitar Man versions it would be the 68 special take on it-not because of better arrangement or musicians playing the song-but because of the fire "Elvis Presley" put into the performance.
    Back in 69 it would be very hard for Elvis to have had backing combatible with current trends and music orchestration as of today 2010 ....
    We are all free to like what we like-and you are certainly entitled to like the newer version-but I would disagree about the new version being better than the original............
    Elvis Presley (the heart and center of any recording he did) was totally involved with the "creation process" for that recording....................... today the process is more of a " committee type "recreation" by several people and groups of an "original classic".
    It is definitely not the same, it is mechanically changed to meet the goal these people had for the song in "Viva Elvis-Elvis Presley the artist-had no hand in the process.
    I would respectfully say that to rank a "recreation" above the classic with a one of a kind artists hand involved seems a bit much.IMO

I would like to add that I truely am not trying to be negative-but am trying to stress that we are selling Elvis and his talent short-if we say that anything done in his name to day-is better than what he did as a living artist. It is saying-he is not essential to his music and that his uniqueness was some type a fluke.
    As a fan of 40 plus years I also want others to appreciate what he was as an artist-but to remember he was the heart of soul of his explosion on the world stage of music....he made it special.
    Last edited by KPM; 09-18-2010 at 04:23 PM.
    Work in Progress!

This is a NOVELTY record, and THAT'S IT, don't go beyond that.

As that, yes is a nice experiment, its fine, its fun, it is must welcome, I even like it (yes, me, the grinch), It will sell. But it is 100% cirque do solei, and in fact without cirque do solei context, it does not sustain by itself (not even in the remix area). But everybody knows it is Solei and not Elvis, and Solei will sell elvis to a lot of none Elvis fans, and that is the point.

So yeah, this is Cirque Do Solei product just as Beatles Love was, and none of those projects are meant to surpass the original material, just to promote it, making a show and a fuzz out of it, so then people might want to go for the original stuff, and if not, well still they make bigtime money out of bigtime entertainment, and that is Ok. That is to say, yes, this is a nice add, pretty much a comercial, for the original RECORD and for Elvis Presley.

Better than the original? anybody is entitled to like it more than the original, thumbs up. But to state better than the original, lol, are apples better than toilets? What? yes, there's no even a logic in the question. This is entertainment, %100 showbiz, its a novely track, the original record (and talking about the American Studio Sessions) was about MAKING RECORDS, was about music, those are diffrent aims, worlds appart. You just can't compare in terms of better.

SleepyJack

Quote Originally Posted by Raised on Rock View Post
    This is a NOVELTY record, and THAT'S IT, don't go beyond that.

As that, yes is a nice experiment, its fine, its fun, it is must welcome, I even like it (yes, me, the grinch), It will sell. But it is 100% cirque do solei, and in fact without cirque do solei context, it does not sustain by itself (not even in the remix area). But everybody knows it is Solei and not Elvis, and Solei will sell elvis to a lot of none Elvis fans, and that is the point.

So yeah, this is Cirque Do Solei product just as Beatles Love was, and none of those projects are meant to surpass the original material, just to promote it, making a show and a fuzz out of it, so then people might want to go for the original stuff, and if not, well still they make bigtime money out of bigtime entertainment, and that is Ok. That is to say, yes, this is a nice add, pretty much a comercial, for the original RECORD and for Elvis Presley.

Better than the original? anybody is entitled to like it more than the original, thumbs up. But to state better than the original, lol, are apples better than toilets? What? yes, there's no even a logic in the question. This is entertainment, %100 showbiz, its a novely track, the original record (and talking about the American Studio Sessions) was about MAKING RECORDS, was about music, those are diffrent aims, worlds appart. You just can't compare in terms of better.