View Poll Results: What score would you give Elvis On Tour Blu Ray?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2 out of 10

0 0%
  • 4 out of 10

0 0%
  • 6 out of 10

2 14.29%
  • 8 out of 10

9 64.29%
  • 10 out of 10

3 21.43%

Thread: Elvis On Tour Blu Ray

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar

Smile Elvis On Tour Blu Ray

I have ordered my 'Elvis On Tour' Blu Ray today from America (not in UK yet) has anybody here got it and how is the quality? Have they cleaned up the footage and sound quality?

Marks out of ten?

Re: Elvis On Tour Blu Ray

i have just got the regular DVD of EOT, but not blu-ray.....I am dragging my feet about getting one.
    Work in Progress!

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar

It's extremely saitsfying to watch Elvis On Tour in HD. An very intense and joyful experience.

But it only makes you wonder: what if they'd redone to movie like they revamped TTWII SE. So much newly discovered material over the years, but everything's left unused.

Buying this bluray gave me a mixed feeling. I wanted to support Elvis' future products (Aloha HD?), but by buying this version, I also give the signal to the corporate sharks that you can give Elvis fans mediocre products and they'll still buy it.

Let's face it, it IS a mediocre products. We should praise the ground the folks of MGM walk on, because they don't release this because the think Elvis or the fans deserve it. No, they released it because they thought they could make money of it. That doesn't make them bad, that only makes them lazy. They just handed over the old version of On Tour to some technicians and they restored images and audio (a job well done). But that's it. Restoring image and audio is just an everyday job. They didn't put in blood, sweat and tears because they wanted to pay tribute to the King. And that also shows.

The only creative effort they needed to put in this release is coming up with a way to replace Johnny Be Goode. The opening song that's now missing for an unexplainable reason. So instead of using this song, they used Don't Be Cruel (which is completely out of place with the openingfootage). And because the openingfootage is longer than the song, they just cut it somewhere in the middle and repeated it two two times. Something every Elvisfans can hear rightaway.

So the very first minute gave me the two contradicting feelings: "Wow! This is amazing!!" and "**** it MGM/Sony, why so lazy?"
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Quote Originally Posted by Unchained View Post
    Maybe a stupid question but does this one have have all the humanoids talking between tracks? To me that was always a reason not the play it.
    YEs, we get ALL the talking.... even the old guy showing through which doors Elvis will walk.... the horror..... and I know you'll be thinking while watching that "Why do I have to watch to this, while there's so much newly found On Tour material?"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar

Thanks for the update Albert

Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    It's extremely saitsfying to watch Elvis On Tour in HD. An very intense and joyful experience.

But it only makes you wonder: what if they'd redone to movie like they revamped TTWII SE. So much newly discovered material over the years, but everything's left unused.

Buying this bluray gave me a mixed feeling. I wanted to support Elvis' future products (Aloha HD?), but by buying this version, I also give the signal to the corporate sharks that you can give Elvis fans mediocre products and they'll still buy it.

Let's face it, it IS a mediocre products. We should praise the ground the folks of MGM walk on, because they don't release this because the think Elvis or the fans deserve it. No, they released it because they thought they could make money of it. That doesn't make them bad, that only makes them lazy. They just handed over the old version of On Tour to some technicians and they restored images and audio (a job well done). But that's it. Restoring image and audio is just an everyday job. They didn't put in blood, sweat and tears because they wanted to pay tribute to the King. And that also shows.

The only creative effort they needed to put in this release is coming up with a way to replace Johnny Be Goode. The opening song that's now missing for an unexplainable reason. So instead of using this song, they used Don't Be Cruel (which is completely out of place with the openingfootage). And because the openingfootage is longer than the song, they just cut it somewhere in the middle and repeated it two two times. Something every Elvisfans can hear rightaway.

So the very first minute gave me the two contradicting feelings: "Wow! This is amazing!!" and "**** it MGM/Sony, why so lazy?"
    Warners (who owns the completed original EOT) is using the excuse that Chuck Berry is the reason for not having Johnny B Goode and that all the hours of outtakes are owned by Turner who could not come to an agreement with Warners for its use in this DVD release.
    IMO...Warners is using Berry and Turner for the scapegoat and did not really negotiate or make contact with any real effort-they know that by not having the unused footage in this release-they will someday "find the right terms with Berry and Turner" and re-release the "DELUXE EOT DVD box set" for more money.... with JBG back in the opening and some of the outtakes included to entice us to buy it again..............................
    Then in 2022, when the 50th anniversary comes around, they will miraculously come up with another set of outtakes (since there are 20 plus hours available) and some of us will see the "ULTIMATE EOT DVD box set"
    I agree its a horrid scam on we loyal fans-but I see their point-maximize profit by conserving the assets and using them conservatively-they will milk the few filmed assets they have for as long as they can.
    If they put everything out all at once-that leaves nothing to release later-and when they release this stuff which is newer.... I'm sure sales of the regular Elvis films spike in sales because of the special event-like this 75th anniversary year.
    I will probably not see all the outtakes in good quality because in 2022 I'll probably be gone so that will be a sale lost to them
    Work in Progress!

Wouldn't mind checking this out. But the question is; where do you draw the line at keeping up with new technology? First it was VHS. Oh WOW,Fantastic !! Then came DVD. Man !! Gotta get me one of those.Time to replace all the VHS movies with this new wonder.Turns out the Elvis movies weren't all that great on this new digital miracle. Now we have Blue-Ray. I'm sorry, no way am I gonna replace everything for the sake of a new gimmick. I guess the new best thing will be 3D Elvis movies.
    http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/8558/42274.gif

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    I will probably not see all the outtakes in good quality because in 2022 I'll probably be gone so that will be a sale lost to them
    Don't be so sure Ken...EPE might just figure out a way to get a sale from you even if you are sadly not here with us...

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

you can get a bluray player starting at 50 bucks. I don't own one, but borrowed one from a friend, just to watch On Tour

I don't believe in optical formats like cd's, dvd's and blurays anymore. We should have had a downloadable release through iTunes for example

Coming On Strong

just about 2 weeks after the street date, On Tour BR is already no. 3 on Montreal's TOP 20 I think he will be great seller here in Quebec and the rest of Canada).
    Steve Grayson

How is it selling here in the U.S.A? Charts?

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76 View Post
    Don't be so sure Ken...EPE might just figure out a way to get a sale from you even if you are sadly not here with us...

TCB!
    Mike
    Work in Progress!

Mines arrived today, just watching it

Quote Originally Posted by Elvispresleygirl View Post
    Mines arrived today, just watching it
    then I bet we won't see you here on the forum today. You're probably gonna watch it again and again and again