Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Official Word From Warner Bros. on JOHNNY B. GOODE

  1. #21
    TCB Mafia Raised on Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    2,129

    Re: Official Word From Warner Bros. on JOHNNY B. GOODE

    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Lightyear was affiliated with Warners for a number of years in the 90s-it released Aloha-in looking up that release I found this info on it on E-Bay:
    Movie description
    Elvis Presley performs in Honolulu, Hawaii, in this 1973 concert. Among the 25 titles included are "Blue Suede Shoes," "Suspicious Minds," and "C.C. Rider." Elvis made television and entertainment history as this was the first-ever live concert broadcast over satellite, reaching in excess of one billion people worldwide. Note: Elvis' performances of I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry, I Can't Stop Loving You, and Johnny B. Goode in the Aloha From Hawaii concert have been deleted from the newly re-released DVD/VHS editions of this program. Music publishing clearance from the songs' owners was up for renewal and an agreement could not be reached. This edited version is the only available version of Elvis' historic Aloha From Hawaii concert.
    This most be around the time they re-released the aloha on DVD before the special edition.

    I got a VHS of the Aloha that came before the DVD era, and those songs are all there!

    Well I hope in 2012 we can have an Elvis on Tour special Edition, unseen footage and Johnny B included... Yet that only can happen if sales of this EOT are superb, so... Do we got to let our selves to be sucked againg that way?

  2. #22
    SleepyJack
    Guest

    Re: Official Word From Warner Bros. on JOHNNY B. GOODE

    It`s all a big mess it seems...after waiting so long and looking forward to finally having "Elvis On Tour" on the shelf with all the other movies it`s just one big disappointment. As has already been mentioned here I`m also debating it with myself whether to go and buy it or leave it alone...but I`ll end up buying it anyway at some point. I don`t think that too much thought went into the new opening..just put any old thing on there,the fans will buy anything after all anyhow...the newer generations won`t know the difference...don`t put any new footage on there..save that for a deluxe edition and make them buy it all over again. The days of giving Elvis fans what they want are long gong...if they ever existed to begin with. Those people would sell us 5-letter alphabet soup and laugh as they filled the tins with E,L,V,I,and Z.
    Hate to be on here moaning about all this...so sorry! but for once wouldn`t it be great to be here completely happy with a new Elvis release and applauding the work behind it.... end of complaining session!!

  3. #23
    With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The Empire State
    Posts
    9,609

    Re: Official Word From Warner Bros. on JOHNNY B. GOODE

    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Lightyear was affiliated with Warners for a number of years in the 90s-it released Aloha-in looking up that release I found this info on it on E-Bay:
    Movie description
    Elvis Presley performs in Honolulu, Hawaii, in this 1973 concert. Among the 25 titles included are "Blue Suede Shoes," "Suspicious Minds," and "C.C. Rider." Elvis made television and entertainment history as this was the first-ever live concert broadcast over satellite, reaching in excess of one billion people worldwide. Note: Elvis' performances of I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry, I Can't Stop Loving You, and Johnny B. Goode in the Aloha From Hawaii concert have been deleted from the newly re-released DVD/VHS editions of this program. Music publishing clearance from the songs' owners was up for renewal and an agreement could not be reached. This edited version is the only available version of Elvis' historic Aloha From Hawaii concert.
    You were right Ken....thanks for the info.

    TCB!
    Mike


    TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!


  4. #24
    With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The Empire State
    Posts
    9,609

    Re: Official Word From Warner Bros. on JOHNNY B. GOODE

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
    Again a major screw up, like we expected.
    How sad is it that whenever a new Elvis project is announced, the fans immediately start wondering how they'll screw it up!!!

    2012 will be the 40th anniversary of EOT and at this point, considering it took them this long to get EOT out on DVD for the fans, the proper thing would have been to just save the DVD release for 2012 which would have given Warner PLENTY of time to get the clearance for JOHNNY B. GOODE to be used in the film AND hopefully to get the details worked out so that the raw unreleased footage from EOT could have been included with the original movie into some kind of anniversary collectors set.

    Instead, as you said Sonny, "double winnings for those companies" when Warner suddenly hears back from Chuck Berry on the use of JBG and the legal issues are worked out so that the unreleased EOT footage can be used just in time for the 40th anniversary and a second dip into the fans wallets!!

    TCB!
    Mike


    TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!


  5. #25
    TCB Mafia KPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,932

    Re: Official Word From Warner Bros. on JOHNNY B. GOODE

    Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76 View Post
    How sad is it that whenever a new Elvis project is announced, the fans immediately start wondering how they'll screw it up!!!

    2012 will be the 40th anniversary of EOT and at this point, considering it took them this long to get EOT out on DVD for the fans, the proper thing would have been to just save the DVD release for 2012 which would have given Warner PLENTY of time to get the clearance for JOHNNY B. GOODE to be used in the film AND hopefully to get the details worked out so that the raw unreleased footage from EOT could have been included with the original movie into some kind of anniversary collectors set.

    Instead, as you said Sonny, "double winnings for those companies" when Warner suddenly hears back from Chuck Berry on the use of JBG and the legal issues are worked out so that the unreleased EOT footage can be used just in time for the 40th anniversary and a second dip into the fans wallets!!

    TCB!
    Mike
    Yes there always seems to be that angle second dipping into the wallets of we fans-but in their defense they have to slowly do these things because thats the way business works. You maximise profits by conserving your assets as much as possible, in this case EOT is being "dribbled out" in patches instead of one time releasing a deluxe package with hours of extra unreleased footage. Considering the 22-24 hours of EOT outtakes this could be "dribbled out" for another 20 years!
    I try to be understanding of the situation that big business has, stockholders, board of directors, CEOs and all have their eyes on the bottom line and everyone who makes decisions is subject to and answerable to all of these people for those decisions(like releasing a DVD EOT with a lot of extras right out of the gate).
    I just wish once they would consider the long standing fans who have bought their products and helped keep their business afloat for years.
    Work in Progress!

  6. #26
    With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The Empire State
    Posts
    9,609

    Re: Official Word From Warner Bros. on JOHNNY B. GOODE

    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Yes there always seems to be that angle second dipping into the wallets of we fans-but in their defense they have to slowly do these things because thats the way business works. You maximise profits by conserving your assets as much as possible, in this case EOT is being "dribbled out" in patches instead of one time releasing a deluxe package with hours of extra unreleased footage. Considering the 22-24 hours of EOT outtakes this could be "dribbled out" for another 20 years!
    I try to be understanding of the situation that big business has, stockholders, board of directors, CEOs and all have their eyes on the bottom line and everyone who makes decisions is subject to and answerable to all of these people for those decisions(like releasing a DVD EOT with a lot of extras right out of the gate).
    I just wish once they would consider the long standing fans who have bought their products and helped keep their business afloat for years.
    I certainly see where you're coming from my friend, but you are right...just once I wish the studios would reward us fans for our patience over the years!!!

    TCB!
    Mike


    TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. No Johnny B Goode!!!!!
    By nolvis in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-25-2010, 07:46 PM
  2. Johnny B Goode rehearsal 1972
    By Rover in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-02-2008, 01:08 AM
  3. Warner Bros'
    By Burning_Love in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-05-2007, 09:09 AM
  4. Link to Warner Bros (upcoming Elvis movies)
    By Sonny in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-21-2007, 07:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •