Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Movie Night with Elvis on Tour

Cadillac King

Re: Movie Night with Elvis on Tour

Im very glad this was a success! would have been a bit embarassing if no one turned up, but we Elvis fans are a dedicated bunch. Its a shame about the lack of un-seen footage though.

I think I noticed one difference. There is a scene in the Limo when he's talking to the guys and it's split screen with the fans waiting for him. You see him pointing and talking but you can't hear what he's saying. In the remade movie it's full screen of Elvis talking to the guys and he's talking about getting taken out of the Gator Bowl in a paddy wagon. This was an outtake from "This is Elvis" but it's in the remade film. Does anyone else remember that?

Yes I Remember That Scene , And You're Right It Was Not In The Original.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizasong View Post
    I think I noticed one difference. There is a scene in the Limo when he's talking to the guys and it's split screen with the fans waiting for him. You see him pointing and talking but you can't hear what he's saying. In the remade movie it's full screen of Elvis talking to the guys and he's talking about getting taken out of the Gator Bowl in a paddy wagon. This was an outtake from "This is Elvis" but it's in the remade film. Does anyone else remember that?

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

Hmmm....I hadn't seen EOT in a while prior to Thursday nights showing, but I could have sworn that the "paddy wagon" scene was in the original EOT.

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Hi Mikie! Just thought I'd post this link. http://www.elvis.com/ontour/ It says here that un-seen bonus footage will be seen only at the Memphis showing, so maybe that is where the problem lies. I'm gonna see it while there, so I'll try to let you know. Hope all is well! Hugs!

Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

Quote Originally Posted by The King's Queen View Post
    Hi Mikie! Just thought I'd post this link. http://www.elvis.com/ontour/ It says here that un-seen bonus footage will be seen only at the Memphis showing, so maybe that is where the problem lies. I'm gonna see it while there, so I'll try to let you know. Hope all is well! Hugs!
    Hmmm...that's strange, because the flyer that was available on-line for people to use to promote the one-night only theatrical showing mentions "never before seen footage of the King of Rock N' Roll"!

Thanks for the info. Lea!! Hope you are doing well honey!!

TCB!
    Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails flyer.jpg  

As I said.... ppl in USA is so lucky for having these chances... I WISH I could see Elvis in big screen or at least the Elvis in Concert tour.... I feel so miserable.
    Let the stars fade and fall, and I won't care at all, as long as I have you.
    Elvis...

http://myantiquemusicbox.wordpress.com/
    http://wendy56.wordpress.com/

"You've got it all together like a lovin' machine
    You're lookin' like glory and walkin' like a dream...
    Mother nature's sure been good to Y-O-U"

Wendy

Loved it, we weren't sold out, and there was a one poster advertising the event for weeks beforehand - I bought my ticket weeks in advance, just in case.
    There were a lot of women in the audience and most of us were wearing out Elvis shirts, lots of squealing among us at certain points,
    but alas, no cheering or applauding. However, when it was over, we all just sat there, no one jumped up to leave as usually happens...

Just pretend, I'm holding you, and whispering things soft and low.
    And think of me, how it's gonna be and just pretend I didn't go

When I saw there were applause at the beginning and at the end. Why would they only show the added scenes in Memphis?? That sounds dumb. So what is our DVD version going to have???

Quote Originally Posted by The King's Queen View Post
    So to see the unseen footage we have to travel to Memphis and I guess they hope we stay for Elvis week.
    I don't know why everything has to be so complicated when it's about Elvis, one of the most legendary entertainers BTW...

Anyway, I hope you have fun in Memphis, Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76 View Post
    I was first and foremost disappointed that there was absolutely NO advertisement for EOT anywhere around the theater I went to last night. Not on the marquee...not in the lobby, NOTHING!! Not one poster, banner, sign....no mention of EOT anywhere. Even the sign above the door of the theater showing the movie was devoid of any mention of Elvis...all it said was "Special Event"!! VERY DISAPPOINTING!!!

The opening documentary was interesting, although a tad too long. There was certainly plenty of time for advertising though...

Sadly, the rumors of JOHNNY B. GOODE being missing from the opening credits turned out to be true...again, VERY disappointing. Considering it took all this time to FINALLY get EOT on DVD, you would think that Warner would have spent the extra time or money to get the clearance for JBG to be used...

I also had a problem with the sound quality as well. The music during the introduction was almost deafening, while the music in the movie itself was quite low considering we were in a movie theater. I hope the DVD sound quality is better than the theater.

Finally...where was the extra footage??? Not ONE piece of extra footage...a couple seconds of extra audio during the introduction, but NO bonus footage!!! I won't be the least bit surprised to see a statement from EPE or Warner coming soon to say that there was no bonus footage as advertised due to "legal issues". That seems to ALWAYS be their excuse for not delivering what was promised...

Overall, it was a THRILL to see EOT on the big screen (the first time for me)!!! The few annoyances I encountered certainly didn't detract from my enjoyment of the evening, that's for sure!!!

TCB!
    Mike

The only thing in my theatre was the Elvis promo poster that was displaying in the lobby. I got it!!

Clay I am Glad you had such great time. most have been very excting and amazing to have been there and seen everything. thanx for showing it with us. have a nice week

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    The only thing in my theatre was the Elvis promo poster that was displaying in the lobby. I got it!!
    Well Shelia, your theater was one up on mine!!! As I said, my theater didn't have one lick of promotion....not a poster, a banner, a sign...NOTHING!!!

It was very saddening to see the lobby was devoid of any promotion for the movie, but it was even more sad when I saw the sign above the theater where the movie was showing and all it said was "Special Event".

But I'm glad you got the poster...CONGRATULATIONS!!!

TCB!
    Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12