Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Movie Night with Elvis on Tour

Movie Night with Elvis on Tour

My night at the movies with EOT was awesome and SOLD OUT.... i was a little shocked to see every seat sold out at my movie theater.There where people of all ages and they were loyal fans through out the whole movie.They had fun while they cheered and claped for Elvis.It was just great to see Elvis up there on the big screen.
    Last edited by CLAY; 07-29-2010 at 08:22 PM.
    Clays Elvis Collectionhttp://picasaweb.google.com/elvis.pr...cords.universeCollecting Elvis records from all over the world

Re: Movie Night with Elvis on Tour

Had a wonderful time in our area as well
    Not sold out, but close to it.
    Everyone was very respectful and laughed and sang along with the King of Rock n Roll

It was the same here in Hotlanta. Elvis never sounded better than he did in that theater tonight. Now,its get up in the morning and go by the newly releashed DVD.
    I'm the king of the jungle, they call me Tiger Man. If you cross my path, you take your own life in your hands....

TCB Mafia

Took my son. Waste of time for me. Nothing new and they butchered the beginning with Don't Be Cruel. The making of the docu was pretty interesting.

My experience too Clay. I didn't think my area would be sold out and I found out my theater plus two more were! What a great exerience. I thought Teddy Bear fit the beginning just fine.

For those who loved it, weren't you a little annoyed that the major selling point of unreleased footage of Elvis turned out to be a lie?

How can they put that on all the advertising and then not deliver?

I loved it. It was my first experience of seeing Elvis on the "big screen". God, that man was gorgeous...and perfect. It was wonderful and hope to see more of Elvis in theaters. But the theater I was at had a lot more empty seats. :/ but we could feel Elvis's power.

It was sold out here in Houston too which I thought was absolutely awesome!!! And, yes, I was disappointed about the "unreleased footage".....guess we should have known!!!

Forever Best Friends

I experieanced the same long line that I did with the first night for Twilight! It was a pleasent sight to see! It made me really happy. For some reason that room felt like being in a room full with family. The unreleased footage annoyed me rather than interested me.

I thought it was awsome! I enjoyed it from start to finish!
    TCB,
    See See Rider

Cadillac King

Got to see Elvis On Tour at the Theater!

Me and my Dad had a great time watching Elvis on the big screen.

Also, when Elvis said hot time in Florida, everybody started laughing and clapping. Because it is really hot here in Florida right now, it is like Elvis knew. LOL

It was great to see the show was sold out. Elvis is still selling out theaters after all these years, he is the best!
    Elvis is The King!

Cadillac King

Re: Got to see Elvis On Tour at the Theater!

Also, the only problem was the sound was way too low in the theater. The beginning interviews were loud, but the concert was really low, like the speakers stopped working or something. Anybody else have that problem too?

Still, I had a great time!
    Elvis is The King!

Thanks the report. Yes, I remember visiting Florida and going to Disney World. Hot ain't the word for it!

TCB Mafia

It appears from a trawl of various message boards that almost everyone enjoyed themselves who saw the film. Attendance was varied throughout the country from a mere handful to 'sell-outs and several towns having to put extra shows on. Further, for most people, the main problem was the volume of the film being too low in contrast to the 'making of' segment shown prior to the main event which apparently had great sound. Other complaints were the lack of new footage which had been promised, the absence of Johnny B. Goode and the picture quality not being up to par in certain parts.

I do have empathy with the sound problem as I feel rock music should be played loud to create excitement in the crowd. Elvis' 'live' concerts were always loud.

Will be interesting to learn of the final box-office total.

In addition to enjoying Elvis on the big screen fans were also intoduced to the forthcoming 'Viva Elvis' Show and CD - a good marketing opportunity that was not missed.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis and Johnny View Post
    Also, the only problem was the sound was way too low in the theater. The beginning interviews were loud, but the concert was really low, like the speakers stopped working or something. Anybody else have that problem too?

Still, I had a great time!
    Yes the same thing happen at my movie theater
    Clays Elvis Collectionhttp://picasaweb.google.com/elvis.pr...cords.universeCollecting Elvis records from all over the world

Our theatre's signal was lost in the beginning of the show we missed about 5 minutes of the movie, and the picture after i thought about it was not as clear as i had imagined it would b. I figure it was b/c of the film it self. I have noticed from my Blue Ray movies if the movie was not made during the digital era then the picture is not that much different

I still had a wonderful time though being with other elvis fans

so what happened at teh start of on tour

as some of you guysa re lucky enough to live in the states unlike me in the uk it meant you could see on tour in cinemas so what happened with the beginning what song did you get????
    "I Just Want Them To Get The Best I Had" Elvis Presley

SleepyJack

Re: so what happened at teh start of on tour

Judging by the thread "Got to see Elvis On Tour" at the theatre" it looks like Johnny B. is gone from the movie....major disappointment.
    Like you I probably won`t get to see it on the big screen either....that would be just too much happiness!
    On the positive side though....It`s a good thing "Promised Land","Memphis Tennessee" or "maybelline" weren`t on there as well..then we`d be missing 4 songs!!! Yeah,big thanks to whoever owns the rights to Chuck Berry`s music.....grrrr.

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

I was first and foremost disappointed that there was absolutely NO advertisement for EOT anywhere around the theater I went to last night. Not on the marquee...not in the lobby, NOTHING!! Not one poster, banner, sign....no mention of EOT anywhere. Even the sign above the door of the theater showing the movie was devoid of any mention of Elvis...all it said was "Special Event"!! VERY DISAPPOINTING!!!

The opening documentary was interesting, although a tad too long. There was certainly plenty of time for advertising though...

Sadly, the rumors of JOHNNY B. GOODE being missing from the opening credits turned out to be true...again, VERY disappointing. Considering it took all this time to FINALLY get EOT on DVD, you would think that Warner would have spent the extra time or money to get the clearance for JBG to be used...

I also had a problem with the sound quality as well. The music during the introduction was almost deafening, while the music in the movie itself was quite low considering we were in a movie theater. I hope the DVD sound quality is better than the theater.

Finally...where was the extra footage??? Not ONE piece of extra footage...a couple seconds of extra audio during the introduction, but NO bonus footage!!! I won't be the least bit surprised to see a statement from EPE or Warner coming soon to say that there was no bonus footage as advertised due to "legal issues". That seems to ALWAYS be their excuse for not delivering what was promised...

Overall, it was a THRILL to see EOT on the big screen (the first time for me)!!! The few annoyances I encountered certainly didn't detract from my enjoyment of the evening, that's for sure!!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

took my wife,kids and nephew to see elvis on tour last night...while not as powerful as ttwii..elvis on tour is a tremendous tribute to the man.theatre was packed,applause at the end. a powerful,moving experience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast