Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Johnny B Goode!!!!!

Cool No Johnny B Goode!!!!!

I can't believe it!!!!! This is what I posted at FECC except I just very slightly edited it.By the way I'm still really excited about how its going to be in the format its changed to,but I'm just a little ticked off that they didn't say anything beforehand-

"I'm just completely confused by everything! The greedy people that can't come to any kind of fair and rational agreements,and keep screwing Elvis' product!It's just like a bunch of spoiled rotten kids that you have no chance to reason with.Elvis puts it all out there for us his whole life,just pouring everything he's got into entertaining us,and making the world a lot better place to live,and the greedy sobs that hoard things for they're "very own" ( My uncle gave me good advice once when I was given a little money as a kid,and my cousin was upset and wanted some of it too! Well,even though I didn't like how my cousin complained about it and told his Dad,in the end,my Uncle said that I should share it,and I did!) Elvis put all of the unreleased music that's being held for ransom by the owners,out there in the first place,to please and entertain all of his fans,not just a select few that have more money and/or luck to have been given the treasures ! Elvis performed for the people,not the person!!!!!
    Oh hell,I guess we'll just have to see how this turns out with the replacement opening,and hopefully get a date for which Johnny B will be included as it should be!!!!! It's amazing that they didn't give any warnings regarding this switch!!!!! I'll love whatever they have on it right now,but "darn" it,it's not as advertised and the "ORIGINAL" movie!"

These are 2 good rational comments from FECC (did I say rational and fecc at the same time!)-

Rob wrote:
    I'll buy it and I'm not pissed off. So they replaced a song. I don't like it, but it's certainly not the end of the world. We still have the great quality and sound.

Someday they'll release it again including "Johnny B. Goode" and we can buy it again.

A voice of reason. Sure we can be dissapointed but one song missing is not the end of the world. What is sickening is that they have entire concerts in the vaults that are rotting away. So we are missing Johnny B Good what we about the complete San Antoinio concert from top to bottom. That is what I want. I will appreciate having the rest of the songs in the best picture quality we have ever had in our lifetime.

Everybody take a deep breath.....
    Last edited by nolvis; 07-20-2010 at 12:43 PM.

Re: No Johnny B Goode!!!!!

Probalby in 2010 we get an Elvis on Tour special edition, 3dvds, original, remake (TTWII like) full concerts etc.

This is a try out, if it sells well and reviews are favourable that will happen, if not, bye bye rotten old movie that nobody cares.

Well... it is just my bet.

We can ALL thank Mr Ego, himself, Chuck Berry, for this snafu regarding "Johnny B. Goode", because he's the one who wrote the song.

I think he should've been demanded to come up with the $$$ for clearance for Turner/MGM to use "Johnny B. Goode" in EOT.

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

Honestly, it doesn't surprise me that something like this has happened! It seems that no matter what EPE officially releases, there is some sort of "legal issue" with something. The original version of TTWII-SE that was shown at the Orpheum Theatre in Memphis for Elvis Week 2000 had the footage of Elvis sitting on a stool and singing ARE YOU LONESOME TONIGHT? during the closing credits, but when the DVD came out -- surprise, surprise, ARE YOU LONESOME TONIGHT? was replaced with the footage from Elvis' suite following one of his shows due to "legal issues". I also remember some "legal issues" surrounding ALOHA FROM HAWAII several years back, where they released a video of the show with several of the songs deleted (I'M SO LONESOME I COULD CRY was one of them I believe?), again due to "legal issues".

With all of the money that EPE rakes in every year, you would think that they would have enough of a revenue stream available to them to be able to make the necessary payments to whomever they need to, in order to prevent these "legal issues" from popping up.

So once again, the fans are getting ripped off...BIG surprise there!!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar

that sucks big time! I am still very (VERY!!!!) dissapointed that we only get the standard 1972 version without any extra's (yes, "we" have found hours and hours of OT outtakes over the past 38 years). And now also without the epic start? Come on!

Let's hope that they also cut away that boring part with that old man telling though what and which doors ELvis will walk.... the horror
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    Let's hope that they also cut away that boring part with that old man telling though what and which doors ELvis will walk.... the horror
    No, the way EPE operates, they'll probably give us 2 hours of never before seen bonus footage of the old man...

TCB!
    Mike

Do we know this is a fact? I heard this could be a rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    We can ALL thank Mr Ego, himself, Chuck Berry, for this snafu regarding "Johnny B. Goode", because he's the one who wrote the song.

I think he should've been demanded to come up with the $$$ for clearance for Turner/MGM to use "Johnny B. Goode" in EOT.
    No, no, no. don't know for sure, but I don't think Mr. Berry himself has anything to do with it, but the publishing company to where his music belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    that sucks big time! I am still very (VERY!!!!) dissapointed that we only get the standard 1972 version without any extra's (yes, "we" have found hours and hours of OT outtakes over the past 38 years). And now also without the epic start? Come on!

Old man rocks!!! wasn't it Monthy Pytons best sketch on a non Monthy Pytons movie?

Yes it sucks, although it is fun compared to the fan interviews on the original TTWII, no I don't think they are going to delete it.

Hope a remake as with TTWII be for real one day. There is to much footage there being wasted, but as I said, I tend to believe it all depends on how well this one does.

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76 View Post
    No, the way EPE operates, they'll probably give us 2 hours of never before seen bonus footage of the old man...

TCB!
    Mike
    Like I said on the other thread, EPE don't own the rights to this and aren't responsible for the release. It's a Warner Bros release. They didn't have anything to do with TTWII either.

Sorry to repeat, but it's worth stressing as it's such a common misconception. EPE shouldn't be beyond criticism by any means, but not over things they have no control over.

I DON'T LIKE THAT PIECE WITH THE OLD GUY GETTING ALL HEATED...( I WAS PRACTICALLY RAISED IN HIS HOME TOWN) He Is So Dull...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76 View Post

TCB!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by T_J View Post
    Like I said on the other thread, EPE don't own the rights to this and aren't responsible for the release. It's a Warner Bros release. They didn't have anything to do with TTWII either.

Sorry to repeat, but it's worth stressing as it's such a common misconception. EPE shouldn't be beyond criticism by any means, but not over things they have no control over.
    Sorry for the error...you are right T_J...I should have said Warner Bros.

TCB!
    Mike

Yes I think when EPE messes up-they get plenty of criticism-so lets not confuse them with Warners on this issue.
    Warners by the same token can not help it if the rights to Johnny B are being held ransom by someone trying to make a quick buck because its an Elvis film. (if that indeed is the case in this situation)
    At the Turner Classic Movies site-they are still using the original trailer to advertise the film and it does have Johnny B Goode in it???
    http://turnerclassic.moviesunlimited...11281&shopRef=
    Last edited by KPM; 07-22-2010 at 03:53 PM.
    Work in Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Yes I think when EPE messes up-they get plenty of criticism-so lets not confuse them with Warners on this issue.
    Warners by the same token can not help it if the rights to Johnny B are being held ransom by someone trying to make a quick buck because its an Elvis film. (if that indeed is the case in this situation)
    At the Turner Classic Movies site-they are still using the original trailer to advertise the film and it does have Johnny B Goode in it???
    http://turnerclassic.moviesunlimited...11281&shopRef=
    Maybe there's hope after all then, since Turner is still using the original movie trailer...

We'll find out soon enough...

TCB!
    Mike

well, that's the problem, I don't want to buy it several times.

I just want one comprehensive box set of the original movie and then bonus discs of all the unused concert stuff and selected good off stage items.

not every scrap, just what's watchable.

it's ridiculous that when the rights from the original movie release don't just continue through all subsequent releases

but, no one imagined a home movie market, so it doesn't

this is why the tv series WKRP has had all the music changed for DVD on what was originally aired.
    _________
    there is no snooze button on a cat that wants breakfast.

Nina's Elvis blogs: http://ntrygg.wordpress.com/elvis-index/

Lets hope that it is all a false alarm!!!!!

I just saw a clip on Elvis Express Radio that obtained a You Tube video from Elvis Unlimited of the new opening with Don't Be Cruel. I think it looks good. It is dissappointing that they changed the song but if somone else owns the rights and wants to be stingy then their hands are tied. Check out the You Tube video.

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar

I agree that if they have only changed one song then I wont loose too much sleep, to get the quality and sound we have been waiting for it is a small price to pay. I have paid a lot more money on stuff that meant far less to me

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    I agree that if they have only changed one song then I wont loose too much sleep, to get the quality and sound we have been waiting for it is a small price to pay. I have paid a lot more money on stuff that meant far less to me

I have to disagree, if they can't get Johnny B is one thing, to make a poor choice to replace it, plus such a low quality job in re-editing is another. Can't believe some one is getting paid to do such a lousy job editing the song.

Anyway, Burning Love or Big Hunk O' Love, from the same rehearsal as Johhny B, where better choices to replace it.

Has there been an actual confirmation that Johnny B. Goode is gone? All I've been seeing are reports from only a few people over at the other forum and that sketchy Youtube video.

In addition, how are people getting their copy so early? Everywhere I go to says August 3rd. And are there any other songs that are omitted?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast