Thread: Elvis' Last Concert 6-26-77

Elvis' Last Concert 6-26-77

Hi Everyone.
    It is with pleasure and regret that I make this post to the forum.
    Pleasure in the fact that I received a package from my mother in England yesterday. The package contained a cassette tape of Elvis' last concert recorded in the audience on June 26th 1977 in Indianapolis. My regret is that this tape belonged to my father who died 2 years ago.

He was a huge Elvis fan and a great loss to me as he died at the young age of only 56 years old.

My father was a fan from 1954 when he heard Elvis on the radio - to when he bought his first single in 1955 - he had to send away for it from New York to Memphis! he was a huge fan until his death in 2002.
    He saw Elvis in Vegas 11 times...

Although I Regret the passing of my father, I do appreciate what he owned as an Elvis fan...

This cassette was recorded at Elvis' Last Concert and in my opinion is the best quality of all....

It is my pleasure to own this peice of memorabilia and my father would be proud to know I shared this with you my Elvis friends...

I have put this concert onto CD for my own preservation of this historic piece.... it is one of Elvis' finest performances of 1977.
    Thanks
    A King
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails June26.jpg  
    Last edited by AKing; 12-08-2004 at 01:03 PM.
    A Man Is Never Dead, Until He Is Forgotten.... (h)

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Fantastic.

I am sorry that your father is no longer living, but what a great thing to have passed on to you which will always call him to mind.

That you believe the recording to be the best available certainly makes it special, but I'm sure its value is increased exponentially to you since it came from him.

My advice, if you're not going to keep the tape to yourself, and if it is indeed that good:

Contact Ernst, sell the recording to FTD, and have part of the deal be that you and your father get credited on the resulting CD--or perhaps a brief dedication or "in memory of..."
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Elvis last farewell

Hi friend,
    its really great to read such a post , since I' m a lifetime Elvis collectors with well over 8000 records/cd full of rareties of every kind by the man.
    I am aged 64 and my own collection will go in good hands of my daughter, its really a pleasure to learn about you'r father memory kept alive even thanks to his Elvis collection.
    I would love to hear your tape understanding what this has meant for you.

Pardon my English
    All the best to all Elvis fans

Bruno Pause
    Italy
    [email protected]

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    What a touching story A King!!

I am sorry to hear about your father...but I also have to agree that it was a touching thing for him to do, giving you this cassette. Now, everytime you have the opportunity to listen to it, you will always think of him! That, in my opinion, is PRICELESS!!!

While I am only 32 (and plan on being around for quite a while longer, I hope), I can only hope that someday when I have passed on, my children will also be able to have those kind of memories about me when they inherit my Elvis collection!

Once again A King, thank you so much for sharing those special memories with us!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

I'm sorry to hear about your father, but a beautiful touching story nevertheless.

Hi,

Like you know we already talked about this in the import section.

It's a sad, but heartwarming story.

I feel that somehow you should get in touch with RCA/BMG, or that they should get in touch with you concerning this tape.

Don't forget that besides a warm and fond memory to your dad, it also represents an important piece of history.

Bye,
    Sonny

Real Video also exists

I have the show on real video. Hard to watch.

Thanks

Thanks for all of the nice replies regarding my father and this cassette. It would have been his 59th birthday yesterday, so it was nice to read such replies. I am still deciding what I want to do with the tape.
    Thanks again for your thoughts.
    A King
    A Man Is Never Dead, Until He Is Forgotten.... (h)

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    You're welcome, AKing. I'm sure all of us would like to hear what you decide to do.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Steve
    soory about you're DAD.

The tape.... share it with the world.
    This concert is so good, his voice was so strong.... great.

How good it the qualitie from this tape?
    Is it like the FTD Pitsburg? or better?

Quote Originally Posted by AKing
    Hi Everyone.
    It is with pleasure and regret that I make this post to the forum.
    Pleasure in the fact that I received a package from my mother in England yesterday. The package contained a cassette tape of Elvis' last concert recorded in the audience on June 26th 1977 in Indianapolis. My regret is that this tape belonged to my father who died 2 years ago.

He was a huge Elvis fan and a great loss to me as he died at the young age of only 56 years old.

My father was a fan from 1954 when he heard Elvis on the radio - to when he bought his first single in 1955 - he had to send away for it from New York to Memphis! he was a huge fan until his death in 2002.
    He saw Elvis in Vegas 11 times...

Although I Regret the passing of my father, I do appreciate what he owned as an Elvis fan...

This cassette was recorded at Elvis' Last Concert and in my opinion is the best quality of all....

It is my pleasure to own this peice of memorabilia and my father would be proud to know I shared this with you my Elvis friends...

I have put this concert onto CD for my own preservation of this historic piece.... it is one of Elvis' finest performances of 1977.
    Thanks
    A King
    I am sorry for the passing of your beloved father at such an early age.I am sure that you miss him,but think that he left you something priceless to him.I am sure that he is watching over you and happy to see that you too have and everlasting love for Elvis.I am glad you got the tape.every time you play it it will bring you closer even thought he's no longer with you physically.I am sorry buddy!

veronik

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonniebealestreet
    You're welcome, AKing. I'm sure all of us would like to hear what you decide to do.
    YES AKING...PLEASE DO KEEP US POSTED ON YOUR DECISION REGARDING THE TAPE!!! WE WOULD ALL BE MOST INTERESTED TO HEAR WHAT YOU DECIDE TO DO!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!