Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elvis Scarf

Roustabouts
    Just doing a little bragging..On May 1st & May 2nd, 1975,I got to work Security for Elvis.I also worked security again for him on June 6th, 1976.A total of three times.. In May of 1975,I was on the staircase that Elvis used to enter the stage.at the end of the concert he handed me his scarf as he was leaving the stage.for years I searched for a photo of myself up on the staircase with no luck..but about six months ago I met a photogpher who had taken a picture of Elvis holding up the scarf just before He left the stage....also,in 1976 I was assigned to bodyguard Linda Thompson,Who Elvis was dating at the time..about two weeks later Linda broke up with Elvis,ending a relationship that had lasted for five years.She was a beautiful woman who was extremly dedicated to Elvis's fans.Many fans approached her during the concert and she signed autographs for everyone who asked..I have various photographs taken from those concerts and I will post them from time to time..I spent my entire life since I was 11 years old(1955) collecting Elvis records..Getting to work with him was an experience I shall never forget. Elvis truly loved entertaining his fans,when he entered that stage,he really came alive./kk
    <span style='color:purple'>kk/A fan since it all began</span>

Roustabouts
    Here is the scarf mounted on a portrait of Elvis...also on that portrait is my security badge that I wore at the time AND a Elvis in Concert backstage pass in the right hand bottom corner...on the walls around the Elvis portrait and Scarf are photos from that concert and photos fom the 1976 concert./kkl

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    Man, what an amazing story. Thanks for sharing that with us. It must have been fantastic for you, being an Elvisfan. I see that you&#39;re having quite some great looking pictures on your wall (already looking forward to see them posted here once in a while ).

Do you remember the feelingthat you had when you saw him again in June 1976? Wasn&#39;t the difference in his appearance striking? I&#39;ve looked up some pictures from the three days:

May 1, 1975

May 2, 1975

June 6, 1976

June 6, 1976

June 6, 1976

Seeing these pictures I must say that Elvis looked good during that tour in 1976. Much better than many other tours that he didn during that year. Do you recal any of these shots in 1976? It seems like a fun night

Albert
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

kklk56 -

My thanks for sharing that wonderful story. That piece will only have as much meaning to you, the original recepient ---&#62; more than it ever could to anybody else. If I had received anything from EP himself, I&#39;d never part with it. Priceless.

Anytime you can find a photo to support an item, a photo of EP with, ........... it raises the inherent value of the piece by thousands of dollars. It&#39;s an unusual scarf and it is even rarer to be able to find & prove with a photo.

Cool.

If I were you, I&#39;d professionally frame, in a shadow display with your items / photos from that event.

- Capt. "EL."

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    YOU LUCKY DEVIL&#33;&#33;&#33; :worthy:

TCB&#33;
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

TCB Mafia
    Great post kklk56

Boy....i wish i could have seen him Live You don&#39;t know how jealous i am right now

Great pictures too.....looks like you have some fantastic items.......I really look forward to seeing more
    TCB Chris.

---------------------------------------

Thanks great story. Can&#39;t wait to see some pictures and hear some more details

Cadillac King
    Hey kklk56 that is a cool story man. YOu are lucky Elvis gave you that scarf most times he is just hustled away so quickly after a concert he does not even have the time to acknowledge the fans.... was that a long staircase you were guarding ?

Where were you posted ? I am sure we are all suitable jealous and happy for you.

jb

kennyelvis
    Hi Kenneth
    Tell them the storys you told me
    Great to see you on this forum man

This is one of most beautiful pics of King EVER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    (Blackmore - Gillan - Glover - Lord - Paice)
    Sweet child in time
    you?ll see the line
    line that?s drawn between
    good and bad
    see the blind man
    shooting at the world
    bullets flying taking toll
    If you?ve been a bad
    oh Lord I bet you have
    and you?ve not been hit
    by flying led
    you?d better close your eyes
    you?d better bow your head and
    wait for the ricochet

- Lyrics of most beautiful song in rock music ever&#33;&#33;&#33;

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    kk-

Yes, that is indeed an awesome story. I&#39;m jealous, just like the rest.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Roustabouts
    To Unchained,Yes ,that is the same scarf.Now i have two photos of it.It kinda funny ,all these years I look for a photo of the scarf I have and now within a years time,I now have two photos of Elvis holding that Scarf...Just a little trivia,that was not the normal type of scarf that Elvis handed out to the audience.there is only one other time where that style of scarf shows up and that was when Elvis did the Aloha concert..somewhere ,there is a photo of Elvis holding that exact same style of scarf except it has black polka dots instead of red.I saw the photo once and remarked that it was just like the one I got in 1975 except for the color...and Im sure it was from the Aloha concert.Gonna try to post some backstage photos of the staircase where I was assigned to during the concert/kk

Roustabouts
    Here is another photo /I was on this staircase.Elvis went right by me,If he had been a girl I was close enough to have gotten a kiss/it was pretty darned exciting to say the least/even tho he wasnt a girl/only my idol since I was a small child(11 years old)Im only joking about the kiss/just letting you know how close he was/dont nobody get the wrong idea&#33;/kk

Roustabouts
    I have one more photo of the staircase

Roustabouts
    Here is a photo Of Elvis&#39; Guitar...anybody know the story behind the logo that is on Elvis&#39; Guitar..That is a Karate symbol..I know that according to a bootleg cd.desert storm,that elvis had just been awarded the 3rd step in his Karate training,becuase he talked about there being five steps..anyway ,it was shortly after that when this karate symbol showed up on Elvis &#39; guitar....

Roustabouts
    Just to continue along these same lines/but with a twist.there is now a bootleg of that concert called Atlanta,Live at the Omni,May 2nd,1975 ,and the cover of the bootleg features another great photo of Elvis wearing that same great looking suit...It features Elvis singing his new releaseT-R-O-U-B-l-E which had only been out a couple of weeks.He sang it both nights,May 1st & May 2nd..Great bootleg if you can get it.

Great story man

About those shots of the backside of the stage: there are hands clapping on that first picture. Are there really people sitting at that side of the stage?

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Originally posted by kklk56@May 10 2004, 08:42 AM
    Here is a photo Of Elvis&#39; Guitar...anybody know the story behind the logo that is on Elvis&#39; Guitar..That is a Karate symbol..I know that according to a bootleg cd.desert storm,that elvis had just been awarded the 3rd step in his Karate training,becuase he talked about there being five steps..anyway ,it was shortly after that&nbsp; when this karate symbol showed up on Elvis &#39; guitar....
    That is a great pic. of EP&#39;s ORIGINAL Gibson J-200 "Kenpo" (due to the Karate decal) Guitar.

EP started using this particular guitar in 1975, after he gave away his black "Kenpo" Gibson Dove guitar in Asheville the same year.

The "Kenpo" Karate decal was first used on the Gibson Dove and can be seen as early as the "On Tour" years ........ & later, "Aloha", etc..

EP used the decal to honor "Kenpo" (Ed Parker) and can obviously be viewed as a glowing endorsement for Parker. EP also had a "Kenpo" Karate Ring that he treasured and kept for many years (one of the few / rare rings that the Graceland Archives still retains); I think it was also the same ring that "Hamburger James" lifted (stole), along with some photos of Priscilla, ....... prompting Elvis to pursue him to the airport, flash his Federal Badge & remove him from the plane ...... to get the items back.

Depending upon the item, EP did indeed treasure certain possessions

-----------------------------------------

Thanks for the great thread, great photos, & great stories kklk56.

- Capt. "EL."

I&#39;ve read somewhere that they (EP&#39;s family) found some jewelry and personal possesions of Elvis, hidden behind socks in a drawer, safely hidden for his &#39;friends&#39;?

Originally posted by Albert@May 10 2004, 01:47 PM
    I&#39;ve read somewhere that they (EP&#39;s family) found some jewelry and personal possesions of Elvis, hidden behind socks in a drawer, safely hidden for his &#39;friends&#39;?
    I believe that was his "International Hotel Gold Championship Attendace Record Belt."

EP later had gemstones added to it (his favorites; diamonds & sapphires). EP said it was really a trophy, but he wore it just to show off (kind of like him carrying around the Jaycees Award all the time whenever he travelled).

The belt was stored in its original custom case in one of EP&#39;s socks drawers (I believe, as per Billy Smith&#39;s words); it meant a lot to EP.

Very sad that one has to do this in their own home - hide items. Very, very sad.

Incidently, the belt is missing some gemstones because they often fell off when EP wore it. He would regularly have the belt / stones re-set when he was in the habit of wearing it regularly. He also had the same problem with some of his favorite canes.

- Capt. "EL."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast