Thread: Official FTD news: all releases for the rest of 2010

Official FTD news: all releases for the rest of 2010

Source: ElvisMatters.com

Ernst and Roger, the FTD-team, mailed out a news flash with the official announcement of the upcoming releases. Last week, some of the new releases were already announced, prior to the official message from FTD. The releases that are planned at this stage are:

King Creole, The Music (book + CD, Aug 8 2010)

KING CREOLE-THE MUSIC is a 200-page book with images exclusively designed to complement the music from the film. It consists of two main sections; the recording sessions on January 16, 1958 and song scenes from the filming of the movie (including behind-the scenes shots). The images are classic and well-known shots with the majority being previous unpublished and taken by the original still photographers on the set (no freeze-frames)

The accompanying CD consist of the masters and the well-known alternative masters (no unreleased session reels have been found). As always, the music has been re-mastered.

Good Times - The Outtakes (2 Vinyl, Aug 8 2010)

Following on from the previous strictly Limited Edition series, FTD is pleased to announce the release of a special 2-disc 180-gram vinyl set of GOOD TIMES – THE OUTTAKES. Supplied in a deluxe gatefold sleeve, it features the superb original draft artwork design that was superseded prior to release. UNIQUE!

Boston Garden (no official title, 5" CD, Sep 14 2010)

FTD will release the soundboard of the November 10, 1971 BOSTON GARDEN Show (previously released on bootleg) as this is the only available show from the early tours of the seventies. We believe that this is of such historical importance, that it should be available to everyone.This will be a 5” digipack with a photo booklet

Elvis - Fool (2CD 7" CD, Sep 14 2010)

On the same date, a 2-CD set of ELVIS (FOOL) in the CLASSIC ALBUM series.. This will feature a 7” digi-pack with an 8-page booklet.

General

In September FTD plan to release another soundboard. Early November will consist of a classic album and 2-LP Limited Edition vinyl Set. Titles have not been chosen yet but we’ll update as soon as decision is made.

Re: Official FTD news: all releases for the rest of 2010

Awesome news!

no Sun project on the list.

heavy sigh
    _________
    there is no snooze button on a cat that wants breakfast.

Nina's Elvis blogs: http://ntrygg.wordpress.com/elvis-index/

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

The BOSTON GARDEN show will certainly be a welcome addition to the FTD catalog!! One of the best early 70's shows and to have it officially released for fans who may or may not already own this show is definitely a GREAT thrill, in my opinion!!

And although personally I like the FOOL album, I still can't believe FTD actually plans to release this album ahead of some other projects which most fans feel are of more importance/significance, like the PROMISED LAND album most notably. Definitely an odd decision...

Nevertheless, can't wait for these 2 releases to come out!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Maybe the PROMISED LAND delay means FTD are fine tuning the details and I'm sure they know what their doing.

For me the forthcoming releases are a total goldmine of Elvis booty from the awesome FTD label – can't wait to get the GOOD TIMES vinyl.

Roustabouts

What about On Tour material? Hampton roads please
    Yes the boston show belongs on FTD,but odd they dont release Hampton roads

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar

GREAT NEWS> YOU ROCK ERNSTTT
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Great news for the new FTDs for anyone that doesnt have or heard the November 10 1971 show it is a great show featuring great versions of I'm Leavin and Bridge over troubled water, looking forward to the elvis fool album and looking forward to the outtakes I won't be getting king creole(just too much money) Just wish FTD would have released something from Elvis on tour but some good selections.