Thread: Remebering Elvis

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar

Remebering Elvis

I know its a little early but its hard to believe Elvis has been gone 33 years this August 16th of 2010. Even for a fan of my age (20), I remember becoming a fan of Elvis in 2001 and it seemed like yesterday I was saying its only been 24 years, now thats changed by almost ten years. I can't imagine what it feels like for those who were around when he died and went through it, it seems to go by so fast, even for a fan of my age and generation. Now there always has been something special about Elvis, its a wierd feelin', but if I go through a few months without hearing Elvis or participating on the Elvis messageboards I get a lonley feeling just missing it, missing his voice, and his appearence, his humble side, just everything about him. You know thats a special individual when they have the pull over ya'. His name will always live on, and just music will too. I just wanted to say this for some reason, in a mood so thought i'd voice it out lol. Of how time flys by so fast and yet his image and story and music aswell is living as strong as ever right now. Just think, a guy thats been gone that long, and one of his tour documentaries is being shown in theatres, thats pretty kick a$$ if you ask me.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Re: Remebering Elvis

Bradley,
    Yep, he always was a kick a$$ kinda guy!! And, sometimes it seems 33 years is not possible but then other times it seems almost like a dream that it ever even happened.

Forever Best Friends

yeah Bradley it is hard to believe that elvis will be gone for 33 years this August. I am around the same age as you(21) and I never go 1 day with at least hearing 1 song cause if I ever went 1 day without hearing his music it would just be wierd

Even though elvis has been gone for 33 years he is still as popular as ever and his great music will always live on!!!!!!

Like Elvis Said "I will always rememer you"

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by david72 View Post
    yeah Bradley it is hard to believe that elvis will be gone for 33 years this August. I am around the same age as you(21) and I never go 1 day with at least hearing 1 song cause if I ever went 1 day without hearing his music it would just be wierd

Even though elvis has been gone for 33 years he is still as popular as ever and his great music will always live on!!!!!!

Like Elvis Said "I will always rememer you"
    So true man, so true!
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Well, i've been a fan since the beginning, and 33 years seems a long time ago now, but at times it feels like yesterday, it still hurts.

It's really hard to believe he's gone already 33 years ago. I became a fan 3 years ago, it seems like it happened yesterday. I'm sure his music will live forever!

I LOVE
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ [̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅L̲̅][̲̅̅V̲̅][̲̅̅I̲​̅][̲̅̅S̲̅] [̲̅̅P̲̅][̲̅̅R̲̅][̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅S̲​̅][̲̅̅L̲̅[̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅Y̲̅] ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

My page on YouTube and on MyElvisWorld:
    http://www.youtube.com/cibetty, http://www.myelvisworld.com/cibetty

Cadillac King

Its strange how someone can have such a huge impact on your life and even though he's been gone 33 years - he's still here
    Kick a$$ is right!!

Backstage Pass

What I find so interesting and telling is: There are many historical event in which almost everyone can remember where they were at the time, Kennedy's death, Lennon's death, 9/11 and then there is Elvis's death.

I became a fan 29 years ago. That was only a few years after he died. For some reason I don't remember where I was or what I was doing when I heard he died. That is always strange to me. Then on that fateful evening in July 1981 I caught Elvis movie with Kurt Russell and from then on I was hooked. I can't remember a day since then that my eyes and ears don't perk when I hear or read something about him. He is a truely great entertainer to have the impact he's had on all of us.

I became a elvis fan 32 years ago elvis is everthing to me listen almost everyday his music

Been an elvis fan since i was 9 and now im 44 years old and i play his music every single day,
    my admiration for the 'MAN AND HIS MUSIC' will never diminish 1 liitle bit, if anything i'm more fascinated
    with him now than ever i was, i have to know everything about his recording dates, songs, etc etc..
    I buy almost all his recorded work ( STILL HAVE LOADS TO GET)..and it makes me happy to get my 'lone'
    time with my music so i can get lost in my music, and since me and my wife have been together ( 24 yrs )
    she fully understands that i have to listen to elvis everyday, my children know all his songs.

REMEMBRING ELVIS ARON PRESLEY - We Shall Never Forget Him...He Is Only Dead When He Is Forgotten...

WE WILL NEVER EVER FORGET HIM.

Your all's post are great to read. Nice to know there's many out there who feel as I do about Elvis. I've been a fan since I was 4 years old, I'm now 44. Some of my favorite memories are watching Elvis' movies on tv when I was little. And I remember watching the ALOHA special and thinking he was just incredible! I was only 7 years old at the time. And I was mesmerized by that man's performance. I too have children of my own now who are fans, not "super fan" like I am, but they like Elvis and his music and will defend him when they hear someone talking trash about Elvis. It's hard to believe it's been 33 years already. Sometimes it seems like a long time ago and some days it seems like yesterday. I remember everything about that day when I heard Elvis died.

"...but the moment that I never think of you, oh how impossible."

It's strange..I became a fan the day he died...I wasn't into Elvis at all until that fateful day in August of 1977. I had just got home from school 3:30 or 4pm & my mom was on the phone crying. She told me what happened & i watched the news reports all day & listened to his music. I was hooked from that day...
    I'm the King of the Jungle, They call me Tigerman

]