Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Elvis Is Now A Potato Head

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

Elvis Is Now A Potato Head

From Elvis.com:

Elvis fans, toy collectors and pop culture enthusiasts will spend much of the summer anticipating the launch of the MR. POTATO HEAD ELVIS PRESLEY collectible figures from PPW Toys, under license from Hasbro, Inc. and Elvis Presley Enterprises.

Mr. Potato Head appeared as KISS last year, and this year he is ready to take on The King of Rock ‘n’ Roll. A series of Mr. Potato Head collectible figures will be released, each with a variety of costumes, instruments and other iconic components representing Elvis' most memorable performances.

The first spud to be released this August in tandem with Elvis Week events at Graceland in Memphis and will feature ELVIS’ famous white jumpsuit, microphone and guitar. A second version with Mr. Potato Head wearing black “leather” from ELVIS’ 1968 Special Performance will be released during the 2010 holiday season.

Components such as hairstyles, costumes, faces and musical instruments will be compatible with every version, so fans can mix and match the styles with hilarious results.

The Mr. Potato Head Elvis Presley collectible figures will not only appeal to kids, but these figures will also be in demand by music fans and pop culture collectors of all ages.

The Mr. Potato Head Elvis Presley Elvis Presley collectible figures will be available at specialty retailers and e-tailers.

Created in 1952, Mr. Potato Head, the first toy to be featured in a television commercial, became an instant hit with youngsters. In the past 58 years, the beloved character has emerged as an American icon, a true evergreen brand with broad demographic appeal.

Personally, I think it's kind of goofy looking and I can't believe EPE would endorse such a thing. Well, on second thought, I guess I can believe it...

Does anyone else believe this sort of thing is degrading to Elvis' image and legacy in some way???

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Cadillac King

Re: Elvis Is Now A Potato Head

This is taking it too far. I dont mind the odd Elvis merch. but this is degrading. Im supprised at EPE who we all know try to promote pre 74 Elvis, the king of rock and roll image, are allowing this sort of thing. But even more I cant believe Lisa Marie is letting EPE ridicule her dad like this. I dont know what control she has over EPE anymore but surley she has some say.

I dont know why but I just cant see a John Lennon mr potato head even being allowed to getting past the 'drawing board' stage.

Quote Originally Posted by italianfan View Post
    This is taking it too far. I dont mind the odd Elvis merch. but this is degrading. Im supprised at EPE who we all know try to promote pre 74 Elvis, the king of rock and roll image, are allowing this sort of thing. But even more I cant believe Lisa Marie is letting EPE ridicule her dad like this. I dont know what control she has over EPE anymore but surley she has some say.

I dont know why but I just cant see a John Lennon mr potato head even being allowed to getting past the 'drawing board' stage.
    Thank you for your comments italianfan!!

I'm all for promoting Elvis to a younger generation, especially knowing that a majority of his fans are getting older. But why on Earth can't they simply do this through his music??? There must be a thousand different ways to use Elvis' music to promote Elvis to a new generation of fans. If anything, using things like the Elvis Potato Head could backfire and only wind up making a joke out of Elvis' image and legacy, in my opinion.

Elvis is, was, and will always be a musical legend and this sort of thing is just not the proper way to honor the greatest entertainer of all time!

TCB!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by May View Post
    Thanks May for the support on this!

To be honest, when I first posted this information, I was thinking that maybe it was just me that had a problem with this sort of thing...but so far, it seems like I'm not alone in my distaste for this latest degradation of Elvis' legacy...

TCB!
    Mike

The silliest thing I've ever seen.

I LOVE
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ [̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅L̲̅][̲̅̅V̲̅][̲̅̅I̲​̅][̲̅̅S̲̅] [̲̅̅P̲̅][̲̅̅R̲̅][̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅S̲​̅][̲̅̅L̲̅[̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅Y̲̅] ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

My page on YouTube and on MyElvisWorld:
    http://www.youtube.com/cibetty, http://www.myelvisworld.com/cibetty

Yes that's going too far. I'm against anything that detracts from Elvis' fantastic talent and makes him look ridiculous.

Diane

TCB Mafia

Decisions - Decisions!

If I buy one of these dolls should I boil, fry, saute, mash, roast or microwave it. One things for sure, I won't be killed in the rush to buy it.

Brian

Very Sad People Out There...

I love Mr. Potato Heads, I have quite a collection, the Darth Tater, Astros Tater, plain mr. Potatos, but this - this is just too much!

Just pretend, I'm holding you, and whispering things soft and low.
    And think of me, how it's gonna be and just pretend I didn't go

Thumbs down Re: Elvis Is Now A Potato Head

This is so sad.

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

That's retarded!! What's next??

franny

I can see this becoming very detrimental to Elvis image and being used as a joke for Elvis haters to make fun of
    Clays Elvis Collectionhttp://picasaweb.google.com/elvis.pr...cords.universeCollecting Elvis records from all over the world

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    This is so sad.
    Agree wit you Tommy - very sad, but much sad is fact that are people who such things buy
    I'll Remember You!!!

There's nothing wrong with this at all.

It's a great way to introduce Elvis to very young children, ie the next generation.

It's not degrading in the least.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Quote Originally Posted by CLAY View Post
    I can see this becoming very detrimental to Elvis image and being used as a joke for Elvis haters to make fun of
    Yeh, that's why I have a problem with it. don't these jokers take the mick out of Elvis enough?

They`re trying to reach young children and spark their interest in him. I can see where they`re coming from but still, I`m not sure I like it.
    Never get to a place in life where you think you`re better than someone else.

As I said before: it reminds me the "duck Elvis" products. They're stupid. This Porato head isn't that bad (if it appears in the Toy Story 3 movie), but don't like it either.
    Let the stars fade and fall, and I won't care at all, as long as I have you.
    Elvis...

http://myantiquemusicbox.wordpress.com/
    http://wendy56.wordpress.com/

"You've got it all together like a lovin' machine
    You're lookin' like glory and walkin' like a dream...
    Mother nature's sure been good to Y-O-U"

Wendy

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Quinn View Post
    Decisions - Decisions!

If I buy one of these dolls should I boil, fry, saute, mash, roast or microwave it. One things for sure, I won't be killed in the rush to buy it.

Brian
    Now THAT is funny!!!

TCB!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by CLAY View Post
    PRECISELY what I was thinking Clay!!!

EPE is so concerned about tarnishing Elvis' image and reputation by releasing the CBS Special ELVIS IN CONCERT on DVD, yet they can release something as atrocious as this thing and not even blink an eye...

TCB!
    Mike

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast