Thread: Man who tried to steal Elvis's body on a mission for justice

Man who tried to steal Elvis's body on a mission for justice

It was on the Tennessee side of the Mississippi in 1977 when Ron Tyler was accused, but never charged, with trying to steal Elvis Presley's body soon after the singer's death.
    At the time, "The King's" final resting spot was in a mausoleum at Forest Hill Cemetery.
    Now, Tyler is on a new mission for justice himself.

Ron Tyler's mother was murdered in 1992 during a home invasion in a Dallas suburb.
    Three of his children were shot. "My children need justice," said Tyler.
    Last year, Tyler happened to be watching an episode of "The First 48" taped in his old hometown of Memphis.

That was when the former bail bondsman recognized a man from his past.
    It was a man he suspected of killing his mother after a dispute over a bond.

"I actually think that Clarence Bailey is the one who pulled the trigger on my mother," said Tyler.
    "I feel like if Tennessee can't get him over here we'll all load up a judge over here, a couple of prosecutors, go across that Mississippi River and I'll pay the freight," said Tyler.

Tyler later said that the attempted body theft was part of a scheme hatched by Presley's father who was initially denied permission to bury Elvis at Graceland.

Source: ElvisMatters, May 10, 2010
    Some of you all never been down South too much...
    I'm gonna tell you a little story, so you'll understand where I'm talking about

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

Re: Man who tried to steal Elvis's body on a mission for justice

Quote Originally Posted by Polk-Salad-Annie View Post
    Tyler later said that the attempted body theft was part of a scheme hatched by Presley's father who was initially denied permission to bury Elvis at Graceland.
    Somehow I HIGHLY doubt that Vernon planned something so elaborate just because the city of Memphis wouldn't allow Elvis to be buried at Graceland...

NOW if this guy had claimed that THE COLONEL had paid this guy off to try and steal Elvis' body, THAT I would believe in a heartbeat!!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Interesting - I wonder if he'll also claim that Vernon hired him and his pals to take that shot at Dr Nick and hit the doctor beside him instead

I've heard that Vernon hired that group before - but, given that he's admitting this all these years later....highly suspect

there's no reason for Vernon to think that body snatching would make the city vary the bylaws, in any event
    Last edited by monk37; 05-10-2010 at 10:56 PM. Reason: adding the last thought
    _________
    there is no snooze button on a cat that wants breakfast.

Nina's Elvis blogs: http://ntrygg.wordpress.com/elvis-index/

Cadillac King

Ron Tyler admitted to this back in 1977 when he was arrested. There was just never anything done about it.
    For some reason, I believe him. Maybe because the FBI agent that worked with him says the same thing.
    Everyone can believe what they want. It's a free country. Stranger things have been done.

I've always just assumed that it's true. Hatching a little scheme like that sounds like classic Vernon Presley behavior to me

Cadillac King

Well, he got it done. Now to see what happens.

"Ron Tyler NEWS FROM MEMPHIS TENNESSEE. CLARENCE BAILEY WAS IN COURT TODAY AND THE JUDGE IS SENDING HIM TO DALLAS TEXAS THIS WEEK, TO STAND TRIAL FOR KILLING MY MOHER AND SHOOTING 3 OF MY CHILDREN IN 1992. GOD IS GOOD !"

OMG first off the story about his mom and grand kids is just awful no child should be murdered ever but that just isn't how the world works

As for the Vernon connection I think that's crap......Vernon was so heart broken I just don't think he would have disrespected his ONLY son in death.....Now Parker on the other hand I could see him doing that.....He was a slimy individual....But I don't think he was behind the attempted kidnapping of Elvis's body....It is just absurd
    Son if you ever say another derogatory word about Elvis Aaron Presley I WILL KICK THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF YOU!~

I think itīs sick when people wanna stole bodys some is dead. its not healthy. they should let Elvis rest in peach insteed of making things more harder. i dislike the ways they doing with all the news about LMP fakers and bodys too.

If Bailey is guilty I'm glad he's being prosecuted...what a terrible crime! As for Vernon being part of the plot to steal Elvis' body, that's just plain ad. I agree with those that said if it had been the Colonel, then it would be believable.

Remarkable how fiction can be created out of nothing.
    Work in Progress!

TCB Mafia

Sad about his family but this guy is warped.

To have someone in your family murdered is terrible (I know 1st hand) But, the body stealing plot (if it was a plot?) is one of the worst body snatching attemps i ever heard of..OMG..On the other hand, people do make mistakes (stupid ones) But it better to forgive and Forget!
    I'm the King of the Jungle, They call me Tigerman

]