Cool, thats great news
On amazon.com, Elvis on Tour on DVD and blue-ray are now avaliable for pre-order.
The shipping date is set to the 3rd August.
There is yet no information about the contents of the DVD.
Cool, thats great news
Some of the highlights of the new versions:
* Remastered in High Definition with 16 x 9 2.40 letterboxed image, as seen in the theatrical release.
* Blu-ray audio will be DTS-HD Master Audio (5.1 Surround); DVD audio will be Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround.
* Packaged as a Blu-ray book filled with Elvis photos, quotes, trivia, a tour itinerary, set lists, costumes, and background information about the filming techniques used.
* 25 musical numbers spotlight Elvis Presley’s talent, range and showmanship in captivating on-stage performances and intimate backstage rehearsals with his band.
* Contains Elvis’ first performance of “Burning Love,” which was so new, Elvis referred to the lyric sheet during his performance.
* Elvis’ Ed Sullivan Show performance is included, in which the charm, personality and musical ability that made him an icon is so evident.
* Montage sequences (supervised by Martin Scorsese) showcasing Elvis’ early career and movies
By the way does anyone know when the gallery will be backup?
A long awaited release for Elvis fans. It's a great pity that the extensive extra footage could not be agreed upon by Warners and EPE. Would have sold a lot more.
It is a pity that it will probably have little or no extra footage,that could have made a big difference to how well it will sell.I`m not complaining though!... just hope it looks as good as I am hoping it will.I don`t own any blue-ray discs yet...so I`m holding off so that my first one will be an Elvis one!!! Really looking forward to it...fingers crossed!
I have long awaited for this day to come, and finally it's here, who would have believed it. I will be getting mine. Thanks for the information.
I dream a world where man no other man
will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
and peace its paths adorn...
I've never understood why this pic was no tone of the first to released on DVD. The movie won a Golden Globe it should have been available years ago.
I never looked for trouble but I never ran.
Thanks for the headsup!
According to EPE the new version of 'Elvis On Tour' DVD is Region 1 (U.S.A. and Canada Only) whereas the Blu-Ray Edition is Region Free.
Sounds strange that dvd version only should be region 1 i doubt on that.
Anyway the most important isnt new features.
The most important is the improved sound and picture quality
Thats great,i cant wait, it's too bad that it wont contain all the extra footage that was filmed maybe one day they will put together a box set of everything like they did with the 68 Comeback and Aloha. but there is always the Bootlegs that are out there,which i have
Clays Elvis Collectionhttp://picasaweb.google.com/elvis.pr...cords.universeCollecting Elvis records from all over the world
So... thies EOT is not the "big deal" we were waiting for? I still hope Warner makes his own separate EOT "version"... It would sale well. Both enterprises would have big money in their pockets that way.
Let the stars fade and fall, and I won't care at all, as long as I have you.
"You've got it all together like a lovin' machine
You're lookin' like glory and walkin' like a dream...
Mother nature's sure been good to Y-O-U"
I'm so itching to preorder it now but I might just get it while we're in Memphis.... might, if i don't cave in first!
So no extras and the DVD is only region 1...
I think I'll pass on this one.
OHYES!!! Now there is an official trailer för Elvis on tour Bluray/dvd take a look here on my channel http://www.youtube.com/user/silenz1970
To order either the DVD or Blu-ray version of 'Elvis On Tour' (Region 2) then please go to the following URL which I believe to be the cheapest I have seen:
This has been a long time coming and all I can say is BRING IT ON!
"How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977
Just thought I'd tack my question onto this thread instead of starting a new one! so, does anyone have the
EOT BluRay? How is the book?
I don't own a bluRay device, but I want the book - any reviews out there?
Just pretend, I'm holding you, and whispering things soft and low.
And think of me, how it's gonna be and just pretend I didn't go