Thread: Happy Birthday,Desirée! (new double CD)

Happy Birthday,Desirée! (new double CD)

In May the Virgo label will reissue 2 important Las Vegas concert recordings, both were recorded on the birthday of Elvis' first-born daughter, Desirée. On august 24. 1969, during the midnight show Elvis was in top form. He was the King again. But without his 11 years old daughter he was lonely. 'Are You Lonesome Tonight' sounded very sincere on this night. He sang it from his heart...
    Here we offer the almost complete show,compiled from 3 different sources. The main part is a stereo multi-track recording (taken from 2 sources) while several songs were taken from soundboard source. Only 'What'd I Say' is missing because we couldn't locate it.

The next date is august 24. 1970. During the dinner show he didn't forget his daughter's 12th birthday and sang 'When The Snow Is On The Roses' for the first and the last time, for Desirée. This show wasn't recorded professionally, but fortunately a member of the audience recorded it in fair quality.

Tracklist CD1: 1 - Blues Suede Shoes, 2 - I Got A Woman, 3 - All Shook Up, 4 - Love Me Tender, 5 - Jailhouse Rock/Don't Be Cruel, 6 - Heartbreak Hotel, 7 - Hound Dog, 8 - I Can't Stop Loving You, 9 - Johnny B Goode, 10 - Monologue, 11 - Baby What You Want Me To Do, 12 - Runaway, 13 - Are You Lonesome Tonight?, 14 - Words, 15 - Yesterday/Hey Jude, 16 - Introductions, 17 - In The Ghetto, 18 - Suspicious Minds, 19 - Can't Help Falling In Love

Tracklist CD2: 1 - Opening Theme/That's All Right, 2 - I Got A Woman/Spanish Eyes (1 line only), 3 - Tiger Man, 4 - I Just Can't Help Believin', 5 - You've Lost That Loving Feelin', 6 - Band Intros, 7 - Johnny B Goode, 8 - Intros of Celebrities, 9 - When The Snow Is On The Roses, 10 - The Wonder Of You, 11 - Heartbreak Hotel, 12 - One Night/All Shook Up (false start only), 13 - Blue Suede Shoes, 14 - Hound Dog, 15 - Bridge Over Troubled Water, 16 - Suspicious Minds, 17 - Release Me, 18 - Can't Help Falling In Love/Closing Vamp, Special Bonus Track: 19 - Interview with Lucy de Barbin & Desirée Presley

Source: Email / Updated: Apr 24, 2010

http://www.elvisnews.com/news.aspx/h...-desiree/12602
    Last edited by Enikő Lugosi; 04-29-2010 at 06:11 AM. Reason: I've got menses and because of this i forgot to include the link to elvisnews.

Re: Happy Birthday,Desirée! (new double CD)

Thank yo for the info on this CD.
    Some of you all never been down South too much...
    I'm gonna tell you a little story, so you'll understand where I'm talking about

very strange
    Old Times they are not forgotten
    Johan

The title of this release-a little strange ????
    The premise that this person is Elvis Presleys first born daughter is quite a stretch-legally its a joke..... but I'm sure the music is in much finer form than the release title.
    When Elvis news announced this release it prefaced it with this paragraph:
    Usually we just announce CDs, but this time we can't help and have to say this must be one of the most ridiculous releases ever. This is what the producers have to say about it:..........
    Work in Progress!