Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on the Elvis Now FTD Release

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar

Your thoughts on the Elvis Now FTD Release

I was hoping to get some reviews on the latest FTD release Elvis Now. This has always been one of my favorite albums and wanted to know what the sound is like, on the masters, and the outtakes aswell before I go ahead and buy it this Friday from NDT!

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Elvis_Internatio&#11.jpg  
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Re: Your thoughts on the Elvis Now FTD Release

still waiting for mine.....................
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Just curious Deb, where do you buy your FTD's from?

I chose NDT. Mainly because I've heard not so good things about shopelvis with the cardboard being bent etc, I just decided the extra couple of dollars would be worth getting the ftd's with no damage to the exterior.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

"NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar

I also get mine from Essential Elvis, I have got my copy.

The sound is crystal clear as usual. The album has always been a mixed bag for me, there are great songs like 'Early Morning Rain', 'Its Only Love' and then you have odd songs like 'Lady Madonna' & 'Hey Jude' The album is basically a rag tag of songs from 1969 - 1971 That said the quality is awesome and despite the mixed styles I like almost all the tracks.

The Second disk has the usual alternative takes, which for me are the best parts, any song that is stripped from dubbing is a bonus for me . I also enjoy hearing Elvis vocalise to get his wording precise. I love listening to the band warm up. Track 8 - It's Only Love is just awesome, at the end you hear Elvis say "It's Only Sex" Its nice to hear different takes on 'I'm leaving' at the end of takes 2 & 3 you hear Elvis say "Man it's tough, this thing is worth working on" showing Elvis was being push by the vocals.

I've said it before, listening to alternate takes without the strings and backing vocals is like listening to Elvis unplugged.

Overall worth buying just because you get clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post

The sound is crystal clear as usual. The album has always been a mixed bag for me, there are great songs like 'Early Morning Rain', 'Its Only Love' and then you have odd songs like 'Lady Madonna' & 'Hey Jude' The album is basically a rag tag of songs from 1969 - 1971 That said the quality is awesome and despite the mixed styles I like almost all the tracks.

The Second disk has the usual alternative takes, which for me are the best parts, any song that is stripped from dubbing is a bonus for me . I also enjoy hearing Elvis vocalise to get his wording precise. I love listening to the band warm up. Track 8 - It's Only Love is just awesome, at the end you hear Elvis say "It's Only Sex" Its nice to hear different takes on 'I'm leaving' at the end of takes 2 & 3 you hear Elvis say "Man it's tough, this thing is worth working on" showing Elvis was being push by the vocals.

I've said it before, listening to alternate takes without the strings and backing vocals is like listening to Elvis unplugged.

Nice "mini" review there Matt thanks!

Ordering mine in just a few minutes, but from Now Dig This. I am excited. Wish there were more outtakes of songs like We Can Make The Morning, its one of my favorites!

P.S. Standing Room Only is A.W.E.S.O.M.E.

P.S. Standing Room Only is A.W.E.S.O.M.E.
    Was looking at the track listing for that Matt after I saw your post, see alot of songs that I am a huge fan of on there, definitley on the to get list, but for some reason, want to go for NOW first

SRO is awesome! Maybe even better than the NOW FTD grab the vinyl version while you can it's truly awesome!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1040296.jpg  

Ahhh the slight crackle as the needle caresses vinyl....

Would be pointless for me to get the vinyl besides from a collectors stand point, as I don't have a record player unfortunatley.

They do look tempting though.

Right now I am listening to the Elvis now album from the 50 Cd Collection and was wondering why in then world is Hey Jude included on this '71 album.

I thought this was recorded in 1969, I know it was performed live in concert in 1969 so why put it on this...just a filler?

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar

Thanks for the preview Matt!!!

I haven't received my copy yet, but for some reason, I've always liked this album so I am anxious to receive my copy, especially now that I've read your review!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar

Waiting for mine, but i'm really looking forward to this one. Eventhough this album is a filled with left-overs, I consider it to be way (WAY!!!) better than Love Letters (that album was a joke, considered Elvis' strong comeback in 1969 and the tracks that have been recorded during 1969-1970).
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    Waiting for mine, but i'm really looking forward to this one. Eventhough this album is a filled with left-overs, I consider it to be way (WAY!!!) better than Love Letters (that album was a joke, considered Elvis' strong comeback in 1969 and the tracks that have been recorded during 1969-1970).
    Even on weaker albums such as love letters, FTD can make these even subpar albums such as this a true gem with alternate takes etc included imo that can make for a delightful listen

Hopefully my copy of NOW will be here sometime this coming week placed my order lastnight.

RECEIVED MINE LAST SATURDAY. ITS AWESOME I'VE PLAYED IT OVER FIVE TIMES NOW!
    TCB,
    See See Rider

A pointless release, just like the original album - designed just to throw together an overly-mixed bag of stuff.

Instead of wasting time on this, FTD should be working on Promised Land!!!

Pass on this one ...
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

I love the song line-up(I love everything that Elvis sings!) and I can't wait to purchase this cd!!!!! The cover is awesome and I love all of the great avatars!!!!!

I also have to say this one is worth your while. Very good sound and some good alternates!

i agree it's great release. and it was a great album for me i liked the mix bag i remember getting the album from ron d'ambra 's always ELVIS record club, he was always quick to get the latest ELVIS albums and this was a popular album amongst fans, i loved early morning rain and put your hand so now with the ftd release to be a fly on the wall and listen how this great wealth of tracks came together is fantastic and exciting all the same.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast