Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Marty Lacker responds to Elvis and the coal mine tax fraud...

  1. #1
    TCB Mafia Princess franny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,444

    Marty Lacker responds to Elvis and the coal mine tax fraud...

    Thanks to Marty for his comments on our story from last Tuesday:
    The coal mine deal was all Vernon Presley's idea but he used Elvis' money. That's what happens when you allow someone unsophisticated and unknowledgeable in financial matters to handle your money.

    The funny thing is that both Alan Fortas and I told Elvis that his money should and could be working for him if he would invest with legitimate and proven successful investment brokers. He told us both at different times to speak with his father if we knew of good information. When both of us, again at different times, went to the office to speak with Vernon he told us to mind our own **** business. When Elvis asked us what his father said, he just shrugged as if to say,"That's Daddy", after we told him what Vernon's answer was.

    The two times Vernon invested Elvis' money they both failed. The coal mine scam and a used car dealership.

    However, unfortunately it makes Elvis look like the person scammed.
    Read "Marty's Musings" on EIN




  2. #2
    Cadillac King
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mid Mo
    Posts
    492

    Re: Marty Lacker responds to Elvis and the coal mine tax fraud...

    Interesting. But, I wonder if Marty was even there then.

  3. #3
    Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In Your Heart
    Posts
    5,993

    Re: Marty Lacker responds to Elvis and the coal mine tax fraud...

    The problem with anything that gets reported you are never 100% sure if the information provided is correct or has been embellished putting a positive spin on the person responding?

  4. #4
    Cadillac King
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mid Mo
    Posts
    492

    Re: Marty Lacker responds to Elvis and the coal mine tax fraud...

    I've noticed that . Maybe some day we'll get a fact based book on Elvis.
    Matching dates included .

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    280

    Re: Marty Lacker responds to Elvis and the coal mine tax fraud...

    it's amazing to me how these leeches were interested in ELVIS money and financial affairs - i think VERNON PRESLEY said the right thing.

  6. #6
    Cadillac King
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mid Mo
    Posts
    492

    Re: Marty Lacker responds to Elvis and the coal mine tax fraud...

    Quote Originally Posted by lvs2day View Post
    it's amazing to me how these leeches were interested in ELVIS money and financial affairs - i think VERNON PRESLEY said the right thing.
    At least we can agree on Elvis.

  7. #7
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: Marty Lacker responds to Elvis and the coal mine tax fraud...

    Goodness gracious

    Of all the things to criticize Marty Lacker for this ain't one of them.

    He's simply telling a story about Alan Fortas ( Who was a banker) and himself telling Elvis that he should make some wise investments with his money instead of living paycheck to paycheck.

    Elvis doesn't want to handle business so he tells them to talk to Vernon about it.
    Vernon doesn't know anything about business anyway and tells them to bug off yet does eventually get involved in two failed business scams.

    I always thought that Elvis should've got someone to handle the money besides his uneducated father and that he should have invested his money and even used tax shelters.

    As for not remembering correct dates it's very hard to remember exactly when things happened 10-40 years afterwards jeez.
    None of you could either.

  8. #8
    Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In Your Heart
    Posts
    5,993

    Re: Marty Lacker responds to Elvis and the coal mine tax fraud...

    It's also right to point out what Marty has said might be embellished? I didn't say he lied!!

    I didn't realise that sticking up for Elvis was wrong.... Am I Bad

  9. #9
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: Marty Lacker responds to Elvis and the coal mine tax fraud...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    It's also right to point out what Marty has said might be embellished? I didn't say he lied!!

    I didn't realise that sticking up for Elvis was wrong.... Am I Bad
    There's no need to stick up for Elvis in this case.

    If Marty Lacker was saying something bad then by all means but it was more of a put down on Vernon than anything.

  10. #10
    Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In Your Heart
    Posts
    5,993

    Re: Marty Lacker responds to Elvis and the coal mine tax fraud...

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    There's no need to stick up for Elvis in this case.

    If Marty Lacker was saying something bad then by all means but it was more of a put down on Vernon than anything.
    So in your opinion Marty doesn't make Elvis look bad by refusing to heed his EXPERT opinion? The advice was given to Elvis who supposedly directed them to Vernon.

    I'm sorry, I just don't find the scenario outlined to be a true reflection of what Marty is saying, even though some see this as Marty being the good guy

    I don't have an axe to grind with Marty, however it is wise to take what he says with a pinch of salt.

  11. #11
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: Marty Lacker responds to Elvis and the coal mine tax fraud...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    So in your opinion Marty doesn't make Elvis look bad by refusing to heed his EXPERT opinion? The advice was given to Elvis who supposedly directed them to Vernon.

    I'm sorry, I just don't find the scenario outlined to be a true reflection of what Marty is saying, even though some see this as Marty being the good guy

    I don't have an axe to grind with Marty, however it is wise to take what he says with a pinch of salt.
    No, it doesn't

    Marty Lacker and the other Memphis guys have always said Elvis would always defer business deals to the Colonel or Vernon because he didn't like dealing with it.
    That's how he always was and they seemed to except that.

    It sounded like he was putting down Vernon's business sense and intelligence.

  12. #12
    Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In Your Heart
    Posts
    5,993

    Re: Marty Lacker responds to Elvis and the coal mine tax fraud...

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    No, it doesn't
    Obviously we will never agree on this point! However unintentional, Marty will put his spin on it, same as the other guys!

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Marty Lacker and the other Memphis guys have always said Elvis would always defer business deals to the Colonel or Vernon because he didn't like dealing with it.
    That's how he always was and they seemed to except that.
    Please read my posts, I never said I disagree with what the general consensus is, where I DO differ is that Marty (and the MM) are renowned for putting themselves in a positive light.

    If Marty's business acumen was so good, he would have taken his own advice

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    It sounded like he was putting down Vernon's business sense and intelligence.
    As well as making Elvis look apathetic in the process.

  13. #13

    Re: Marty Lacker responds to Elvis and the coal mine tax fraud...

    Maybe if Marty had taken his own advice - he wouldn't be selling flipping MM certificates today to make a buck!!

    Forever Best Friends

  14. #14
    Backstage Pass
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    118

    Re: Marty Lacker responds to Elvis and the coal mine tax fraud...

    I rather doubt that Marty's income at the time would have been "investment worthy". Elvis's was.

  15. #15
    TCB Mafia KPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,932

    Re: Marty Lacker responds to Elvis and the coal mine tax fraud...

    [QUOTE=Jumpsuit Junkie;368650]The problem with anything that gets reported you are never 100% sure if the information provided is correct or has been embellished putting a positive spin on the person responding?[/QUOTE]
    Yes that is so true, its easy to polish your own side... to appear the hero, or the smart blameless one.
    Work in Progress!

  16. #16
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: Marty Lacker responds to Elvis and the coal mine tax fraud...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    Obviously we will never agree on this point! However unintentional, Marty will put his spin on it, same as the other guys!



    Please read my posts, I never said I disagree with what the general consensus is, where I DO differ is that Marty (and the MM) are renowned for putting themselves in a positive light.

    If Marty's business acumen was so good, he would have taken his own advice



    As well as making Elvis look apathetic in the process.
    Elvis was apathetic

  17. #17
    Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In Your Heart
    Posts
    5,993

    Re: Marty Lacker responds to Elvis and the coal mine tax fraud...

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Elvis was apathetic
    Maybe he was, and maybe Marty was an investment banker whose credentials made Elvis sit up and take notice

  18. #18
    TCB Mafia Teddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Your Heart
    Posts
    3,531

    Re: Marty Lacker responds to Elvis and the coal mine tax fraud...

    Quote Originally Posted by sasha View Post
    Maybe some day we'll get a fact based book on Elvis.
    Matching dates included .
    The nearest thing I could suggest is Elvis Day By Day, if you don't have it already.
    http://www.amazon.com/Elvis-Day-Defi.../dp/0345420896

  19. #19
    Cadillac King
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mid Mo
    Posts
    492

    Re: Marty Lacker responds to Elvis and the coal mine tax fraud...

    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    The nearest thing I could suggest is Elvis Day By Day, if you don't have it already.
    http://www.amazon.com/Elvis-Day-Defi.../dp/0345420896
    Thank you Teddy.

  20. #20
    TCB Mafia KPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,932

    Re: Marty Lacker responds to Elvis and the coal mine tax fraud...

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Elvis was apathetic
    Well business was not his area of expertise.... so when you have little knowledge of what is a good, bad, fair etc.... deal and truely no interest in it to start with, I guess that can be looked at as apathetic.
    Indifference perhaps hid the fact that he had no confidence of ability in such matters.
    Work in Progress!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Beware for eBay Fraud.
    By presley31 in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-17-2008, 10:47 PM
  2. Replies: 161
    Last Post: 12-03-2007, 12:42 AM
  3. Marty's interview with elvis express radio
    By presley31 in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-04-2007, 10:55 AM
  4. Marty Lacker is interviewed by Joe Krein
    By presley31 in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-23-2007, 07:31 PM
  5. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-23-2004, 08:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •