Thread: Elvis On Tour -

Elvis On Tour -

Elvis on tour is one of my fav, movies , . - there are others such as TTWII (h) (h) (h) (h) (h)
    Elvis on tour has many interesting footage such as Elvis wearin? the blue suit from Hampton Roads, red burnin love suit (excerpt), and many other features. When the new dvd ? TTWII came out , they should have released the on tour dvd set . :p

I hope that this will come out soon. I think it should be a 3 dvd set with all rehearsals and lots of unseen footage .what do u think. I have been an Elvis fan since i was young and now I?m pushin 40 ish, (hah hah ), and when i was younger - I remember watching a piece of footage from ft. Wayne - (Elvis wore the white sequinned suit- from 1972)
    :worthy:

I hope that Turner or MGM releases this dvd soon .

There are good footage on this movie . Since been a fan for many yrs now - I had the priviledge in my youth in meeting gt. People in the Elvis group. In the past I have met Charlie Hodge in Leicester - England - when Elvis made the movie - On Tour - he was on a gruelling April tour criss-crossing USA. He played at San Antone , Buffalo, Roanoke etc during the April tour (see video of this good movie) . :worthy: :worthy:
    Last edited by Albert; 12-02-2004 at 06:25 AM.

Welcome to our forum karlos. A lot of us fans are chomping at the bit for a proper DVD release of Elvis on Tour, hopefully it will be soon.

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    Hi Karlos,

Welcome to

Yep, just like many other fans I'm also waiting for a proper DVD release of Elvis On Tour. They have shot enough great material to fill a few DVD's.

P.S. Please use small fonts instead of writing in capitals only.
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

On Tour

I reckon that On Tour is the ultimate Elvis concert movie...filmed on my personal favourite tour - April 1972...I think Turner owns the rights to this and surely with the sucess of the Aloha and 68 Special DVDs its gotta be on the cards for a release (I hope n pray anyway as the Asian DVDs are not very good picture quality). Imagine a deluxe set with the complete concerts, rehearsal footage and out-takes of the "candid" moments...and perhaps even a full-screet version of the movie itself - or at least less split screen (like the video that was released on a double bill with Viva Las Vegas a few years ago, which was also a beautiful print).A real dream release and one that I hope comes sooner rather than later!!!

TCB Mafia
    Welcome Karlos

On Tour.....gotta be about the most wanted DVD release by Elvis fans....with the CBS special coming in pretty close too at a guess.
    Why they have never even relesed this thus far...is nothing but weird . I do have it on DVD...although its not DVD quality...but pretty **** good.

I was under the impression that it is being worked on and planned for release in the next year or so. Where did i here/read that ?? ...not sure...but somewhere. The amount of material that was filmed....providing they still have it i guess....there should be no problem with releasing a 2 or 3 DVD set......just have to hope they do it right...as they did with the recent DVD releases of Aloha and the NBC.

Something else i would like on DVD is the Lost Performances I have it on VCD which i still believe to be of a better quality than VHS.....but it would be great to have it on DVD.......a few extras wouldn't go a miss either
    TCB Chris.

---------------------------------------

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    Actually Night Rider, there was talk following the debut of TTWII - SPEC. ED. in 2000 that a special edition of ELVIS ON TOUR was in the works and slated to be released in 2002 to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the original movie's release.

BUT....according to EPE, sales of TTWII - SPEC. ED. were quite disappointing (I have NO idea where they come up with THAT information, since just about every Elvis fan you talk to bought TTWII - SPEC. ED. when it came out and the fans have nothing but rave reviews for it) and therefore the plans for EOT - SPEC. ED. were put on hold. Although I don't know for sure, I am speculating that one reason the sales for TTWII - SPEC. ED. might not have been as high as EPE had expected COULD BE because of the whole fiasco surrounding the proposed (and well publicized) inclusion of bonus footage on the DVD release of TTWII - SPEC. ED. that never materialized due to what were referred to as excessive costs and copyright issues! While probably not the sole reason for slow sales, I am sure these issues didn't help the situation. But I would be VERY interested to see just what the sales looked like for TTWII - SPEC. ED. I have a strong feeling that there is more here than meets the eye, in terms of why a special edition of EOT has yet to be released!!

But, I am with most other fans that it is about time a special edition of EOT is assembled and released to fans!!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Cool Elvis On Tour

in ref.to Jungle Room'76 article , i too have found this out about the sales of T.T.W.I.I. have been down in sales.

I hope that the movie distributors take note of what we need to boost Elvis to the No. 1. slot where he belongs .
    i hope that we do not need to wait too long for the dvd release of Elvis On Tour.
    :worthy:

perhaps they can get this release out on a 3 dvd set just like - 68 come back . this will be a gt. accompaniment to - T.T. w.i.i. , 68 come backand aloha shows.
    Think of it guys - Aloha and 68 Comeback did pretty well in sales figures and in dvd charts .

OH I REALLY HOPE IT WILL BE RELEASED SOON!!!!I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!!!
    and I love you so..people ask me how..how I've lived 'till now

Cadillac King
    Not EVERY Elvis fan bought it. A lot of us, including me, simply taped it off
    air when it premiered on TCM. That way we got Priscilla's introduction PLUS
    bonus songs: "Sweet Caroline"; "I Just Can't Help Believein'"; and "Bridge Over
    Troubled Water".

The “TTWII SE” was great, but it wasn’t promoted as well as it could have been. As Jerry says the film was screened on the television before it was available to buy, and the fact that the DVD was then issued without extras didn’t provide much of an incentive for those that taped the television broadcast.

I think a re-edited version of “On Tour” would surprise a lot of people. Elvis was much better in 1972 than he is normally given the credit for and there are some real standout performances gathering dust in the MGM vaults.

Hopefully, if the recent 68 and Aloha DVD sets prove to be successful, this should convince MGM that there is a market for Elvis footage, and the special edition will materialise.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryNodak
    Not EVERY Elvis fan bought it. A lot of us, including me, simply taped it off
    air when it premiered on TCM. That way we got Priscilla's introduction PLUS
    bonus songs: "Sweet Caroline"; "I Just Can't Help Believein'"; and "Bridge Over
    Troubled Water".
    And we are wondering why it didn't sell!
    (only kidding Jerry!)

Keith

I think "On Tour" will eventually be released. Especially now since the new 85% owners of EPE are on the scene. They will want to capitalize on as much Elvis revenue as they possibly can. On Tour being probably top of the DVD projects on their DVD list I hope...CBS special was always reported as being held back because of the image of Elvis being tainted as far as EPE were concerned. But the new guy will probably not care so much about the image as a return on his investment, so in a positive way that might give us the collectors the best of both worlds...
    On Tour is obviously a BIG want for all of us. I too have the original release on DVD transfered from the laser disc release. It is pretty great quality as far as i'm concerned and short of a re edit of the original material, this is all I need... Although I hope they do give it the Special edition treatment.

But then again I wish that they would release the TTWII concerts separately on DVD. They say the performances were filmed over 6 shows for TTWII. They obviously have complete concerts from that season. Instead of compiling the six shows, release them all on either a DVD boxed set or on individual DVDs..I would be first in line to buy those....
    A King
    A Man Is Never Dead, Until He Is Forgotten.... (h)

I took hope an extended "On Tour" is released. I'm for all the high quality concert footage of Elvis in the 70's we can get being released!

I would like to see it re-edited as full screen. The multi-screen I'm sure was great in the theaters originally, but it does not translate as well to a TV screen.

I wonder also about the video done in Buffalo I think during preproduction of the film-to familiarize everyone with Elvis' choreography. Is that video only? I know it would be only one camera, but it would be interesting to see.
    "I can't see my reflection in the water. I can't speak the sounds that show no pain. I can't hear the echo of my footsteps. I can't remember the sound of my own name" - Tomorrow Is A Long Time