View Poll Results: Do you miss the old TCBWORLD style?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

29 87.88%
  • No

4 12.12%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TCB WORLD new look

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar

Re: TCB WORLD new look

Quote Originally Posted by Elton View Post
    bring back the chatroom, would be cool.
    The chat will return. We are busy integrating one that works better than the old one.

Quote Originally Posted by max View Post
    [FONT="Garamond"]This new forum is much more complicated.
    Too many functions which are of use to nothing. Furthermore, this new forum addresses a wider public In which I have no more my place. For more technical subjects I prefer to stay on another very known forum (forElvisCdCollectorsOnly for ex) You make far too much place maintaining in the modified photos by example.
    Finally practically Elvis is modified a lot here on this forum. You intend the new subjects to the new members.
    Too much importance is given to Elvis The Concert. Finally there is a lot of subject treat here and which are of not enough importance.
    The former forum was thus much more 'technical and more fascinating!!

Now I visit you once a week and before it was every day. I know that you made a lot of work but this forum is hardly convenient for me.

I would not be amazed that you soon begin a forum on ' whom like the yellow shirts of Elvis
    You mean that we have more subforums now? We haven't changed that over the months (and has nothing to do with the new look I think). And what do you mean with 'more functions that I don't use'?

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyJack View Post
    I`m just a simple critter at heart...and,while new things are always hard to get used-to,and while I do appreciate the work it must be taking to all of this up-and-running.... WHEN CAN I COLOUR-IN MY PAGE???...the whiteness is driving me absolutely craz.... well agitating me a bit!
    I will look into this. I wasn't aware that members didn't have the same options anymore to personalize their profilepage.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverTheKing View Post
    What I've noticed is that it seems hard to post pictures...I've posted few today but they have been all deleted..
    I don't think they were all doubles because they deleted one I had created for the modified section...I really don't like it
    This has nothing to do with the new look . But I have posted a personal answer on your profilepage.

Quote Originally Posted by screamindiva View Post
    I agree, I like the old style to, and I used to visit the Gallery loads.
    I do appreciate all the hard work that's gone into the new site, but I really miss the old TCB I also used to visit maybe once twice aday, but I only pop in perhaps once a week now.

Grace
    I'm sorry that a different look causes that you visit this community less often.

People, please don't hesitate to post your complains, ideas or disappointments. This is our site, so if things should be changed, we should change it.
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Thanks a lot Albert....if this situation in not definitive...well, we'll wait
    About the gallery...I'll wait to post pictures because now the most of them are deleted and I've not understood why

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar

By the way: changing the colors and background of the profile page is currently not possible with this particular version of the script that we are using. The people at vbulletin.com are working to make this possible again. As soon as this fix is available I will install it and announce it to everybody.
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Thanks a lot in adavance Albert
    Last edited by Sonny; 03-20-2010 at 01:21 PM.

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar

I miss the old style aswell.

If it ain't broke don't try and fix it.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

I hate the new design.
    Everything was much better before.

I must say there are a lot of things now I don't understand and like...one of the best thing here was the gallery but I'm not sure it's the same as before now
    Too many absurd rules for me and others things I would do and that are much more siple to realize.
    I must admit I'm loosing interest and joy to post pictures, just to see them deleting where others post doubles and they still are in the gallery
    Now I'm here just to greet some friends time to time

International Level

I do appreciate what they have done here...because it
    must take a lot of time to do this.
    But i do miss it a lot. I'm not here as much as i used to be.
    Don't like it that much anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by cre View Post
    I do appreciate what they have done here...because it
    must take a lot of time to do this.
    But i do miss it a lot. I'm not here as much as i used to be.
    Don't like it that much anymore.
    I've noticed Chantal and it's a shame

But I can understand it..it's the same for me

I having the same thing happen ForeverTheKing with what appear to be non double pics i upload being deleted. I search and can't find the ones i have, then I upload them, then they get deleted.

Maybe it's because the info isn't on the original pic hasn't been listed the same way that i'm searching for it.

Like this pic? Couldn't find it in the gallery. So i upload it then it gets deleted.

Also does anyone know where the gallery upload rules are i can't find them. Maybe i'm sizing the pics to big.

I really appreciate the work the mods do but i was just getting use to the old system. Also i don't seem to be able to change my avatar setting Any one know why? Or am i just being blind and not seeing what i need to do.
    Ta
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails whitwtwopiecejac&#1.jpg  
    I never looked for trouble but I never ran.

Smile Re: TCB WORLD new look

Quote Originally Posted by hounddog View Post
    I having the same thing happen ForeverTheKing with what appear to be non double pics i upload being deleted. I search and can't find the ones i have, then I upload them, then they get deleted.

Maybe it's because the info isn't on the original pic hasn't been listed the same way that i'm searching for it.

Like this pic? Couldn't find it in the gallery. So i upload it then it gets deleted.

Also does anyone know where the gallery upload rules are i can't find them. Maybe i'm sizing the pics to big.

I really appreciate the work the mods do but i was just getting use to the old system. Also i don't seem to be able to change my avatar setting Any one know why? Or am i just being blind and not seeing what i need to do.
    Ta
    Go to settings at the top of the page, and click on that, and go from there, you will see wording to change your avatar "Edit Avatar"

The photo you attached here is in the Gallery, look here: http://www.tcb-world.com/gallery/sho...t-1972&cat=all

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

Thank you Tommy.

The version you posted of this pic is great. I don't know why it didn't come up when i searched for it in the gallery "two piece white suit" is the search term i used.

Once again thanks for the reply and the help with the avatar settings, i was just being blind.
    I never looked for trouble but I never ran.

Smile Re: TCB WORLD new look

Quote Originally Posted by hounddog View Post
    Thank you Tommy.

The version you posted of this pic is great. I don't know why it didn't come up when i searched for it in the gallery "two piece white suit" is the search term i used.

Once again thanks for the reply and the help with the avatar settings, i was just being blind.
    Not to worry, everything is fine. Have a great week. Happy you got your avatar to work.

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

Yesterday and today I've seen many doubles in the gallery..pics already posted time ago by others ...but, those pics are still there

TAKE A LOOK ...these have been posted yesterday but they were already in the gallery

http://www.tcb-world.com/gallery/sho...the-wor&cat=63 POSTED BY ME

http://www.tcb-world.com/gallery/sho...le=army&cat=39 POSTED BY PIRETOS

http://www.tcb-world.com/gallery/sho...s-vegas&cat=85 POSTED BY ROGER26

I know it can happen to post doubles but moderators should try to delete the real doubles (keeping the best version of every picture) and not delete new ones.

This is my opinion...I can post a picture but if someone else posts a better version it's ok to see my picture deleted and keep the other one...this is the only rule there should be to keep the gallery in a perfect order.

I've understood there aren't objective rules for the gallery and this is the reason why I've decided to stop posting pics

I appreciate all the efforts of our dear mods too ! But I miss the old style !!!!! my page looks boring without that colorful pics and lovely Elvis designs.....

He was the firstest with the mostest.

I think we should all have the patience to wait and see how this new look folds out when it's done before we complain.

Diane

I miss the old style of tcb, as it seemed to me only

Not only to you

I have all the patience for the new look...but I don't like the new rules...I think it was perfect before

Everyone please note..that although the Aloha Radio show here on TCB world is not posted on the home page yet...we still broadcast our shows for you every Thursday and Sunday..7pm UK 2pm Est 1pm Central time
    Look on the Radio forum for full details
    Thankyou
    Rosanne 4/27/59-7/22/09 Rest in Peace

http://malc07.tripod.com

My Radio shows every Thursday and Sunday at 7pm UK time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12