Thread: Elvis in concert 77 and Elvis on tour 72

Elvis in concert 77 and Elvis on tour 72

This 2 titles should be remastered and put on Dvd!!! I know Warner is owning the rights of Elvis on tour from 72 and that have been discussion around this.
    But Elvis in Concert is owned by Cbs i suppose and why dont they release it???
    I mean there is "only" Elvis 68 Elvis Thats the way it is and Aloha that has been remastered and there is not so much materíals out there so i hope they release all in near future.

Anyone else have something or know something more about this?

they will never see the official light of day. Cling to your bootlegs!!

How can u be so sure about that?
    The only reason i can see is that the previuos dvd releases like 68 and hawaii and so on have sold to little so its like a risk or so and that i find hard to belive. Or have i missed something?

I think they wont realese Elvis in Concert from 1977 , becus of the way he looks on the film. EPE donīt like to bring photos of Elvis from the later years.

If you go to EPE site you wonīt see elvis pictures from 76 - 77. And if you do itīs the ones were he dosent look sikk.
    Donīt get me wrong, i LOVE Elvis photos from all the concerts but i think that EPE think that it will hurt the elvis buisnies

So werry sad, i donīt think we ever are going to se the SUPER clear film of elvis in concert 1977.

Mad Tigers
    Get the U.K. And Dutch version of the CBS Special. It's the best out there.....

International Level jean francois's Avatar
    hello cbs for 1977 do not think I was leaving, because the image of the king, adopt
    in 1973, according epe and the one on tour never know

The cbs tapes are in the hands of EPE and not CBS..and as long as they have all other things to (re-re-)release..EPE will not release the whole special..only bits and pieces in several different dvd's.

Re: Elvis in concert 77 and Elvis on tour 72

Thats a shame!! We all by now know how Elvis looked his last year.
    *** he was so great on the CBS Special!! Still the voice and that special way to perform. The magic was still there and strange enuff maybe bigger then before.

RELEASE THE SPECIAL!!!!

On Tour won't be released because TTWII lost money.

In Concert won't be released because ... well, we know why.

Both should be released, in limited numbers, via FTD.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

I agree, that's the only way to limit it to the fans only............wider audience will result in Elvis being made mince meat of all over again.....
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

hello, I'd like that cbs77 to leave, just as on tour in 1972, but we'll be very old before its release, and as I said above, the image of the king stopped in 1973,
    as a collector, I can loan a DVD copy of 10 elvis in concert, the only version
    which is very correct that the know back in time, should make a petition to the Elvis in Concert 77 to leave.

Elvis On Tour releases this fall
    I did it my way.

Ohyes and i want it so bad!! They sound quality on the released is so bad and i hope MGM really do the very best they can to make it as good as possible

Anyone heard if Warner will release a trailer on the new Elvis on Tour dvd/bluray? Just cant wait

[QUOTE=theking100;261835]I think they wont realese Elvis in Concert from 1977 , becus of the way he looks on the film. EPE donīt like to bring photos of Elvis from the later years.

You know, I've heard that alot over the years and I dont understand it. Yeah, Elvis put on a few pounds in the late 70's, but he still sounded great,imo. I think that any of us true Elvis fans would appreciate him no matter what. I guess they are afraid of what the critics would say.
    I'm the king of the jungle, they call me Tiger Man. If you cross my path, you take your own life in your hands....

to answer the question, for one round, there will be no outtakes, because they on tour, is owned by MGM and Warner, and the two company will do nothing special.

Quote Originally Posted by theking100 View Post
    I think they wont realese Elvis in Concert from 1977 , becus of the way he looks on the film. EPE donīt like to bring photos of Elvis from the later years.

If you go to EPE site you wonīt see elvis pictures from 76 - 77. And if you do itīs the ones were he dosent look sikk.
    Donīt get me wrong, i LOVE Elvis photos from all the concerts but i think that EPE think that it will hurt the elvis buisnies

So werry sad, i donīt think we ever are going to se the SUPER clear film of elvis in concert 1977.
    I have a bootleg copy of this concert that i bought at the Gracland mall back in 1987.The quility is poor but if you want to see a complete uncut show of this concert,just go to youtube,its on there.
    Clays Elvis Collectionhttp://picasaweb.google.com/elvis.pr...cords.universeCollecting Elvis records from all over the world