Thread: for lovers of ELVIS IN CONCERT 77

for lovers of ELVIS IN CONCERT 77

sorry for starting a thread on a particular concert that has bin analized to death but i just wanted to talk about this a bit more especially for those that can watch this special and appreciate it, for what it was[his last televised special] I sure was glad when i read in may of 77 in lichters memphis flash that ELVIS was going to do a concert special with cbs , i thought for sure that it would make him change his routine and he would come out on top. Even though not to much was revealed only that it would contain a concert special , i did think as many fans did that maybe ELVIS would do a interview or something to that effect , sadly this was not the case [as a matter of fact he wasn't interested in doing a special at all] i was at the kansas show and can tell all who speculated that they filmed the show , that they definetly did not no cameras or lighting were there to be seen . It sure is sad to see that cbs taped the omaha show and had virtually nothing they could use, but thankfully this was not the case with the rapid city show two days after , it was amazing to see E.P. pull himself together and put on a great not excellent but great show , and why most of the great songs like trying to get.... and if you love me .... were not used is beyond me , but i'm sure glad that hurt was used and that he had the opurtunity to show the world that he still was THE GREATEST ENETRTAINER EVER!
    Yes it was his last concert special and admitedly not his very best but again i'm glad cbs captured it , and i don't mind watching this from time to time , to me it's ELVIS PRESLEY the performer not the sex symbol, and with great performances of some great songs like trying to get.... if you love me ... So do you also like watching and listening to this special , without problems?

Re: for lovers of ELVIS IN CONCERT 77

I can watch the special fine - except for the horrible editing by the producers of the show in certain areas ("You Gave Me A Mountain" is a glaring example because it makes it look like fans are mocking Elvis because of the stage mannerisms during the song). As far as watching the outtakes of the shows, they very, very, very rarely get rotation in my DVD player.
    Last edited by Tony Trout; 02-25-2010 at 10:46 PM.

I think the badness of the special is often over stated - much like the badness claims of the movies.

I think that had Elvis lived, he would have seen it and probably realized it wasn't his best work and pulled himself together

it's only because he died and didn't get a chance to redeem himself that gives the concert the sad dimension

My Dad watched it a few months ago.........he said, 'I don't think he looked that bad'...........

Maybe, we as fans are over sensitive?
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Smile Re: for lovers of ELVIS IN CONCERT 77

Well, in my opinion Elvis In concert in 1977, what was tape by cbs was not really the real thing, in 1977 I saw the king in kalamazoo...and physically he was maybe not the same bur vocally he was out of sight, and when you happen to be in the same building..wow the atmosphere was something else, at the end the real fans did not give that much importance to the body...they loved him no matter what...and someone came with the point that If he had live..and saw..well maybe he would have done something..to change the look that some dislike...but then again do you think that he haven't had a look at some pictures...or even look in the mirror he knew..but maybe it was out of his control....and the so called Hawaii retreat plan for a year...well maybe it was all plan for that...get a clean shape....but then again...when I was in kalamazoo..in 1977....no one in the building was criticizing the shape of the king, but were all acclaiming the voice of the king.

thanks for reading me ( I will post some pics later on from that show )
    There has been 44 united states présidents...but only one King....

well, I think it was more shocking to have a celebrity be over 200 pounds who wasn't a comedian in the 70's

but since the weight of the average american man has shifted up from 160 to 200 pounds, it's not such a big thing now

i do enjoy this show..i enjoy any elvis show tbh but this is a clip from that same tour....Elvis still had it!
    "I Just Want Them To Get The Best I Had" Elvis Presley

Quote Originally Posted by GIORGIA View Post

TTWII2001,I Like To Thank you for this Amazing Message!You're Absolutely Right!In Every Words!Only Us,Knew,The Real Elvis!And We Love Him,Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Much,No Matter What!Forever and Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And,Lucky you!I'm Soooooooooooooooooo Envy!But,I'm Happy For you!

YESSSSSSSS!!!! GIORGIA!
    We Love Him,Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Much,No Matter What!Forever and Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'll Remember You!!!

Only the real fans have that unconditionnal love....love you all..have a nice day
    There has been 44 united states présidents...but only one King....

Quote Originally Posted by monk37 View Post
    well, I think it was more shocking to have a celebrity be over 200 pounds who wasn't a comedian in the 70's
    And Elvis wasn't 5 foot 2. No big deal..

In Omaha everything just worked against him, from acoustics to microphone.. it's hard to tell. Other than that: great songs performed at both venues, having some trouble in speech. They could do some re-editing and present the public with something better.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/999022_359272057534723_1223625887_n.jpg

all the goons I left behind, memories still linger..