Thread: VH1 Classic no too classic I think

VH1 Classic no too classic I think

I was thinking about this very much becuase its VH1 Classic a place where fans can enjoy the classic artists from the 60s, 70s, and 80s but where the 50s? I truelly believe the 50s was a time when Elvis re invented the whole rock n roll theme and never looked back and wanted to do something he was passionate about, so c'mon vh1 celebrate the King of Rock n Roll. On sirus satliate radio has an all Elvis/Mephis station where you here Elvis and Memphis all day everyday but serious VH1 Classic just the name makes you wounder how much classic is really there. I know he used to be on there with Don't Be Cruel but why not all his music he was a great artist/singer just like Kiss, Beatles, etc. Its not a classic music station without Elvis, What do you Elvis fans think!

AND, DO THE JAILHOUSE ROCK, ROCK ROCK

Re: VH1 Classic no too classic I think

Errr... I have actually seen enough of Elvis over there. Sure not daily, but neither the Beatles are shown daily.

Sure, they seem to be quite repetitive, they always either show the old Don't Be Cruel music video, Jailhouse Rock (either from the '68 special or the film famous clip), If I Can Dream, and lesser times Suspicious Mind from TTWII. And rarely but Heartbreak Hotel from the Dorseys and the 50's color video of Blue Suede Shoes has been shown. YES I WOULD LOVE THEM TO SHOW SOME OTHER STUFF FROM OUr GUY, EVEN IF ITS ALSO FROM THE '68 SPECIAL, TWWII, but is really not an Elvis issue, they are awfully repetitive in their choices with many other artists, they also seem to know about only 4 Rolling Stone videos and about 3 Beatles songs, and I could name many others. I guess is just that retarded policy of: we only care about the HITS, cause that's what people likes... yeah, sure.

About more 50's and first half of the 60's acts, I guess there is enough material, but they just don't like to saturate HD with B&W low resolution TV shows. I would have find that delightful.

But situation given, I wouldn't complain about Elvis treatment, there are tons of other great great artist (and crucial in history of modern music) from the 50's and 60's that are being totally ignored, or rarely, but I mean rarely shown.

Sure as fans we all would love to see more Elvis, but there really haven't been many excuses lately. Maybe and I hope, if a CD from the Cirque du Soleil Elvis show is going to be released would be in a similar fashion The Beatles Love was, and not just another cheap o' cheap complilation with the same old hits, and maybe someone cleaver enough will give us some 5.1 DVD with some innovative video treatments to the good old footage we know. That could be a good excuse to show some more Elvis on music video channels.
    Last edited by Raised on Rock; 01-31-2010 at 12:02 AM.

Re: VH1 Classic no too classic I think

I love all his music I just wanna see The King, maybe some GI Blues action