Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ginger alden true love?

Re: ginger alden true love?

I would never, say never, when it comes to getting married, Elvis might have found someone wonderful again, and could have fallen in love again. You never know what's around the corner.

I believe he knew that no one could put up with his life-style, at least I believe he thought that way. But surely there was a girl out there who was a night owl, and that loved having lots of folks around all the time, just like Elvis did. Would not have minded his concert tours, and could have traveled with him.

That would have took a strong women, I don't think Ginger was that strong at that time in her life.

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

Quote Originally Posted by GIORGIA View Post
    With all respect,because everyone have is personal opinion,and the beauty is also that we tells our opinions,but really think that Ginger had do that?The call?I don't think at all at this thing!And then you right about the session and the others fights for others things,that you read on Careless Love(without the call),but I don't know if all these things are true!I don't believe in these things!My opinion,of course!Because Peter said that this is the his Elvis Story!And about the age,well,with priscilla,Elvis what had in common?For Me nothing!And for Me the age would mean nothing!Of course,again My Personal Opinion!P.s I advice you to listen on you tube the interview of Kathy Westmoreland,for listen that Elvis really loved her!
    I agree with you Giorgia . I don't know why most of people think the age gap was very important in their relationship . Surly if Elvis prefered an older woman he could choose one . I think if he chose her for marriage , it was for love and they had alot in common . How can we judge it when they never get married ?!
    and I don't think any one can be sooo cruel and calm in that situation to call newspapers !

He was the firstest with the mostest.

Quote Originally Posted by debtdbruno View Post
    wasn't he quoted as saying, 'what use is a 40 year old woman to me?'.........

They were totally unsuitable for each other, but whether he would have either married her or dumped her is anyone's guess depending on who's doing the talking
    I didn't know he said that?! I agree, it depends who is being interviewed! They all say something different.

Reading between the lines and hearing all the interviews, I believe Ginger was way too immature for a 42 year old Elvis. Again, not so much the actual age difference, but what they had experienced in their lives.

Of course, in generalisation terms, a 20 year old is going to be more likely to want to stay close to her family, and want to do a lot of things different to someone in their forties. I guess also, they were at different stages in their lives. Maybe a 21 year age gap wouldn't be such a big deal had they been say 35 and 57 I mean, there's 25 years between Catherine ZJ and Michael Douglas and they seem to be doing ok.

all in all though, I think Elvis was trying to recapture his younger years and thought having Ginger on his arm would help him do that. And by all accounts Elvis being Elvis, charming and handsome could have nearly anyone he put his mind to. As far as the whole engagement thing, I don't doubt Elvis told Ginger he wanted to marry her, but I don't think the wedding would have ever gone ahead, whatever Ginger says today!

How long were they even together? A year? If that? Seems odd to me that she was so against going on tour with him if she was supposedly that much in love she was expecting to marry him! Plus, didn't he say if she didn't go on tour with him in August 77, someone else would?

I don't believe ginger called the papers on 16th August before anyone else either!

In Alanna Nash`book "Elvis and the Memphis Mafia" Elvis Cousin says: "..It seems that when Ginger called downstairs, she might have known Elvis was already dead. We think she may have called her mother first, and they talked about what to do. And then about twelve-thirty- an hour and a half before she called downstairs- she hung up and called this Jim Kirk, who was a freelance writer and a stringer for the Enquirer. We guess she called him twice and struck a deal with him for her story......pretty sure that`s how the Enquirer had people flying in here on August 16, taking pictures and making phone calls three hours before the hospital announced Elvis was dead. We do know for sure that by the time Ginger called Al up there, she was all dressed and made up to perfection. She sure didn`t look like she just rolled out of bed, like she said."

Quote Originally Posted by rogerM View Post
    In Alanna Nash`book "Elvis and the Memphis Mafia" Elvis Cousin says: "..It seems that when Ginger called downstairs, she might have known Elvis was already dead. We think she may have called her mother first, and they talked about what to do. And then about twelve-thirty- an hour and a half before she called downstairs- she hung up and called this Jim Kirk, who was a freelance writer and a stringer for the Enquirer. We guess she called him twice and struck a deal with him for her story......pretty sure that`s how the Enquirer had people flying in here on August 16, taking pictures and making phone calls three hours before the hospital announced Elvis was dead. We do know for sure that by the time Ginger called Al up there, she was all dressed and made up to perfection. She sure didn`t look like she just rolled out of bed, like she said."
    This is Billy Smith`s words on page 732-733

Quote Originally Posted by rogerM View Post
    We do know for sure that by the time Ginger called Al up there, she was all dressed and made up to perfection. She sure didn`t look like she just rolled out of bed, like she said."
    One of the 'explanations' I have read about this was that she had slept with all her make up on. Not sure about being dressed though?!

Loving elvis

There is so many stories going around about ginger its really hard to believe what's true and what's not. I really don't think she loved elvis at all and if she did well she had a bad way of showing it. I really feel age has nothing to do with anything regrading there relationship. If they wanted it to work they would of made it....plain and simple. Ginger was close to her family which wasn't something that elvis was used to for the simple fact everyone he was with made there lives all about him. I think in my opinion elvis knew deep down inside ginger wasn't the one he could marry. I think its in Larry's book about elvis thinking ginger looked like gladys in a way so maybe that has alot of do with why elvis was all over her for that short time.

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    There is so many stories going around about ginger its really hard to believe what's true and what's not. I really don't think she loved elvis at all and if she did well she had a bad way of showing it. I really feel age has nothing to do with anything regrading there relationship. If they wanted it to work they would of made it....plain and simple. Ginger was close to her family which wasn't something that elvis was used to for the simple fact everyone he was with made there lives all about him. I think in my opinion elvis knew deep down inside ginger wasn't the one he could marry. I think its in Larry's book about elvis thinking ginger looked like gladys in a way so maybe that has alot of do with why elvis was all over her for that short time.
    Well said

Quote Originally Posted by May View Post
    I didn't know he said that?! I mean, there's 25 years between Catherine ZJ and Michael Douglas and they seem to be doing ok.
    These are two of my favorite actors and they can't be compared to Elvis and Ginger as I believe they are soul mates and perfect for each other despite the difference in age.

I don't think Elvis ever met his soul mate and there lies the problem.....

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    These are two of my favorite actors and they can't be compared to Elvis and Ginger as I believe they are soul mates and perfect for each other despite the difference in age.

I don't think Elvis ever met his soul mate and there lies the problem.....

Diane
    What would it have taken to be his soulmate?

I don't personally think any woman was enough for him, he just loved 'spreading himself around'............I don't mean in a crude way!!!!!

He fell in love far too easily for it to be a life long true love........
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

I don't really know Deb what it would have taken for a woman to be Elvis' soul mate....maybe someone who was also very interested in knowing more about religion, someone who loved to discuss things with him and to listen...more listen I think and someone who liked to pamper him.

This subject would take a lot of thinking.....

Diane

GIORGIA

Quote Originally Posted by mistymorning View Post
    I agree with you Giorgia . I don't know why most of people think the age gap was very important in their relationship . Surly if Elvis prefered an older woman he could choose one . I think if he chose her for marriage , it was for love and they had alot in common . How can we judge it when they never get married ?!
    and I don't think any one can be sooo cruel and calm in that situation to call newspapers !
    Thank you honey!I agree with you too my dearest!

GIORGIA

Quote Originally Posted by May View Post
    One of the 'explanations' I have read about this was that she had slept with all her make up on. Not sure about being dressed though?!
    I read an interview of Ginger,and she answer at this question,and she said that is because Elvis Loved his eyes with this black make up.And she not was dressed up.And I believe in her!And in what she said,of course is my opinion.

GIORGIA

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I don't really know Deb what it would have taken for a woman to be Elvis' soul mate....maybe someone who was also very interested in knowing more about religion, someone who loved to discuss things with him and to listen...more listen I think and someone who liked to pamper him.

Diane
    I agree with you Diane!I think that the only girl,that had the same thoughts,interests,religion was Kathy Westmoreland.And btw,the someone that would liked to pamper him,well,Me!24/24 hours!

Last edited by GIORGIA; 01-20-2010 at 03:18 PM.

Cadillac King

Answer to question: NO & NO

Not true love for Ginger Alden

Not true love for Elvis

I have two homes, and have been on the road, normally I live inSeattle and Spokane area..

Cool Re: ginger alden true love?

What would it have taken to be his soulmate?

I don't personally think any woman was enough for him, he just loved 'spreading himself around'............I don't mean in a crude way!!!!!

He fell in love far too easily for it to be a life long true love........

Very true. I don't feel that Ginger was able to feel the love that she thought was so powerful at that time in her life, regardless of age difference, she was more in love (I think) with the ideal than the MAN!
    Elvis loved people, and he was happy pleasing everyone..I don't think anyone he was ever tied to was the soul mate he needed.. Though Ann M. was as close as it would come.

I've been away, hope you all forgive me for this but, who wouldn't like to star beside this guy? LOLOLOL I'm afraid all I can hope for is a body double...part..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rob2696lgedward.jpg  

"I just wanna be......your Teddy Bear"

I think Ginger Alden was too immature for him. I think he needed someone with more maturity like Linda. I think Elvis wasn't the settling type. He know he could have what he wanted. I remember reading somewhere someone asked Elvis why he didn't dump Ginger Alden and he was quoted as saying "I'm too tired to train a new one."

Bottom line is we are never going to know.

Cadillac King

wasn't he quoted as saying, 'what use is a 40 year old woman to me?'.........

He liked having some eye candy on his arm.

They were totally unsuitable for each other, but whether he would have either married her or dumped her is anyone's guess depending on who's doing the talking
    I agree Deb....IMO Elvis was not being responsible in this relationship...he gave this girl the responsibility of being the one when she was not equipped for the relationship and why, because she looked a bit like Priscilla and Gladys and she was young, while I love Elvis more than I can say.. his lack of maturity in this area cost him(and her) a lot..and I'm not saying Ginger did not have some responsibility too, just think this girl has had to live with lifelong consequences that I wouldn't wish on anyone...

TCB Mafia

if it is true that she did not call for help and that she made several calls and even took the time for making herself up and THEN called for help, it would be almost like not helping anyone in need.

Wasn't there any investigation??????? and why was she never heard about that subject before investigators????????????

It would be a crime, no?????
    It's hard NOT to imagine Elvis as perfect; how else could someone be THAT good looking, THAT talented, THAT generous & THAT charismatic

In a recent interview with essentialelvis mag, she refutes that story about not ringing for help.
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast