Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 101 to 111 of 111

Thread: Has anyone read Alanna Nash's new Elvis book

  1. #101
    TCB Mafia debtdbruno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ilkley, Yorkshire
    Posts
    3,247

    Re: Has anyone read Alanna Nash's new Elvis book

    I've nothing against her............thought The Colonel book was very good
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

  2. #102
    PeacockLady Diane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    11,636

    Re: Has anyone read Alanna Nash's new Elvis book

    I enjoyed the book about the Colonel as well.

    Diane

  3. #103
    Tupelo Cake Donut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Has anyone read Alanna Nash's new Elvis book

    I liked Elvis and The Memphis Mafia a lot.....
    _________________

  4. #104
    TCB Mafia debtdbruno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ilkley, Yorkshire
    Posts
    3,247

    Re: Has anyone read Alanna Nash's new Elvis book

    another good book

    However, I do take it all with a pinch of salt. From whatever source it comes from
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

  5. #105
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,495

    Re: Has anyone read Alanna Nash's new Elvis book

    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Yet another supposed revelation which actually applies to all males.

    Again- Elvis simply exercised natural male leanings which are usually suppressed by society in other men.

    Who doesn't love fun men?


  6. #106
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: Has anyone read Alanna Nash's new Elvis book

    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    I'm sure you mean IYO he did not find woman closer to his age as attractive-if that is the single reason Elvis did not date woman his age "looks" that would be worse to my way of thinking than if he connected them in his mind to his mother.
    In defense of older woman there are always older women of 30-50 who look to be in their 20s-and even if they look their age-many older women are very attractive.
    Saying things like, "what could an older woman do for me"-is male bravado IMO hiding the reason he was uncomfortable with older woman. The song "older woman make good lovers"-is true IMO so there is a lot an older woman can do that a younger woman has no clue to....
    Many older woman are just as attractive as younger women, but they are also "stronger, more opinionated and more independant" are those traits Elvis might look for from what we know about him? IMO No.
    He did not want a woman who would debate with him-he wanted someone to follow his lead and to listen to him-not tell him. IMO
    I think it's a what JDD and i've said.


    What's the big deal so he liked to date women around 10-15 years younger than he was which I say good for him if that made him happy.
    Does everything Elvis did have to have a big deep psychological meaning.
    If an older man dates a 10-20 years younger woman that's considered okay or normal but if Elvis does the same thing Peter Whitmer and Alanna Nash consider it strange or weird and it must be analyzed only they have no clue and they make all these wild assumptions.

    I think the theories that we've put out there sound more plausible than Alanna Nash's and Whitmer's.

    I bet some of the people on this board have spouses that are younger than they are.

  7. #107
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: Has anyone read Alanna Nash's new Elvis book

    I said in the beginning that the quality of the book would depend on who Alanna Nash was able to interview for the book or if their were any new stories from the girlfriends that we hadn't heard before.

    Anything new from Anita Wood, June Junaico, Susan Henning or Barbara Leigh and Linda Thompson?

    What about girlfriends that we don't hear much about like Ann Pennington?
    I know Alanna Nash interviewed her for the book what did she say about Elvis?

  8. #108
    TCB Mafia KPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,932

    Re: Has anyone read Alanna Nash's new Elvis book

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I think it's a what JDD and i've said.


    What's the big deal so he liked to date women around 10-15 years younger than he was which I say good for him if that made him happy.
    Does everything Elvis did have to have a big deep psychological meaning.If an older man dates a 10-20 years younger woman that's considered okay or normal but if Elvis does the same thing Peter Whitmer and Alanna Nash consider it strange or weird and it must be analyzed only they have no clue and they make all these wild assumptions.

    I think the theories that we've put out there sound more plausible than Alanna Nash's and Whitmer's.

    I bet some of the people on this board have spouses that are younger than they are.
    No of course not-but many many things do-does that mean Elvis could not be deeper and more complex than just surface shallow reasoning and simple explanations.
    Once again we are always saying.....he was special, he was unique, he was one of a kind-but we say most things in his life are just simple, no big meaning nothing deeper below the surface. I happen to believe he was like most humans there were things he did, liked, disliked that did in fact have their roots somewhere in their life.
    I have studied this somewhat to understand my own personality quirks and odd likes and dislikes...............I could name easily ten things which had their roots in childhood situations I had. Most everyone else has likes and dislikes, phobias.... they never worry why-they just have them.
    I am not of the school of thought that, fear of heights for example, is something which someone just has for no reason out of thin air-it started somewhere. I like full figured women-why??? I dislike model thin women-why?? There are many very pretty attractive women of all body types but somewhere along the way-I decided in my mind that full figured women are more attractive and thin women are not-Why??? I have over the years tried to figure this out until I saw a picture of a birthday party for me when I was 7 and there was a very buxom teenager in one of the pictures-it was a 2nd cousin of mine who just happened to be at the party. That girl was the start of my preference-looking at the picture I realised I had a crush on her when I was 7-big deal you may say.
    But thats how many likes dislikes, phobias start....and they usually do not change with time.
    Work in Progress!

  9. #109
    TCB Mafia KPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,932

    Re: Has anyone read Alanna Nash's new Elvis book

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I said in the beginning that the quality of the book would depend on who Alanna Nash was able to interview for the book or if their were any new stories from the girlfriends that we hadn't heard before.

    Anything new from Anita Wood, June Junaico, Susan Henning or Barbara Leigh and Linda Thompson?

    What about girlfriends that we don't hear much about like Ann Pennington?
    I know Alanna Nash interviewed her for the book what did she say about Elvis?
    Have you read the book?
    As soon as it comes in to the local librairy my daughter (she is a cataloger there) will put me on the list to get it.
    Work in Progress!

  10. #110
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: Has anyone read Alanna Nash's new Elvis book

    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Have you read the book?
    As soon as it comes in to the local librairy my daughter (she is a cataloger there) will put me on the list to get it.
    No, I haven't read it

  11. #111
    TCB Mafia debtdbruno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ilkley, Yorkshire
    Posts
    3,247

    Re: Has anyone read Alanna Nash's new Elvis book

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I think it's a what JDD and i've said.


    What's the big deal so he liked to date women around 10-15 years younger than he was which I say good for him if that made him happy.
    Does everything Elvis did have to have a big deep psychological meaning.
    If an older man dates a 10-20 years younger woman that's considered okay or normal but if Elvis does the same thing Peter Whitmer and Alanna Nash consider it strange or weird and it must be analyzed only they have no clue and they make all these wild assumptions.

    I think the theories that we've put out there sound more plausible than Alanna Nash's and Whitmer's.

    I bet some of the people on this board have spouses that are younger than they are.
    No different to Peter Stringfellow having a young bit of totty on his arm is it?
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •