Thread: changes in ELVIS life

changes in ELVIS life

sandi miller had said that the last time she saw E.P. in palm springs in 77 that he had told her thatthere were going to be changes comming, along with sandi billy smith also said this and i believe ginger also stated this that many employees were going to be on the way out . I sure wonder if E.P. was serious about this it sure sounds right as he was leary of some of his employees since the 2 best friends turned on him, could changes have bin on the horizon if so who do you think would be gone?

TCB Mafia

Re: changes in ELVIS life

He was going to fire Joe Esposito

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    He was going to fire Joe Esposito
    this is something that billy smith had hinted towards also i guess due to the raquetball fiasco -and rightfully so if you ask me.

Elvis was certainly upset by the racquet ball thing

he talked a lot about in the Red West final phone call

Also Lamar Fike was on his way out. The last year Elvis and Lamar did not see each
    other that much, because Lamar worked on the advance team when Elvis did his tours.

Did he mention some changes in his personal life too ? his health care , his marriage and etc ?

He was the firstest with the mostest.

it would be great to think he was going to get everything sorted out. Personally and Professionally................but!!!!...........wh o knows????

He certainly needed a break from touring, and cut down on his overheads. taking some of the financial strain away from 'having' to work..........
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Well like most people I'm sure he was always thinking of some kind of change-but it is only real change when it happens till then its just thinking out loud.
    Lets face it Elvis did not change anything easily.
    Work in Progress!

International Level Nicole Presley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mistymorning View Post
    Did he mention some changes in his personal life too ? his health care , his marriage and etc ?
    According to Larry Gellerīs book "Leaves of Elvisī garden" he wanted to start eating healthy and he wanted to live in Hawaii for a year. Larry says he wanted to start in September.

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

He might have fired Joe and Lamar but he still would just add on more of the "younger guys" so I don't think he would have cut his expenses out. Elvis made money and spent it just as fast as he could make it.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

Coming On Strong

he simply didn't need all those body guards.

mmm may be Elvis wanted to fire the Ol' Colonel Parker ,.. now if thats the case , its a HUGE changes for his career...

The Colonel should have been on the top of the list that's for sure.

Had Elvis lived, there are no doubts that many changes would have been made, mainly getting his life in order, which I believe he would have, had he survived August 16th.

I'd like to think he would have, but the sad fact is he knew for at least 3 years his health needed adressing. I personally think Elvis always knew that a lot of the people around him were not real friends, but in some ways it was comforatable for him as he knew the game and how to function in the setup he had. I don't think Elvis liked or handled change well. Most of us don't and we didn't have the pressures he did or the expectations from others.

I don't mean to sound like I'm having a go at him. But the time to clean sweep I think had long past. He should have fired teh Col when he threatend to and he may have felt more in control of his artistic life and therefore more able to cope with dealing with everythign else including gettign rid of some others.
    I never looked for trouble but I never ran.

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

Well until the Colonel came up with that phony $5 million dollar bill. I think after that Elvis never had the nerve to stand up to the Colonel again or anyone else.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by hounddog View Post
    I'd like to think he would have, but the sad fact is he knew for at least 3 years his health needed adressing. I personally think Elvis always knew that a lot of the people around him were not real friends, but in some ways it was comforatable for him as he knew the game and how to function in the setup he had. I don't think Elvis liked or handled change well. Most of us don't and we didn't have the pressures he did or the expectations from others.

I don't mean to sound like I'm having a go at him. But the time to clean sweep I think had long past. He should have fired teh Col when he threatend to and he may have felt more in control of his artistic life and therefore more able to cope with dealing with everythign else including gettign rid of some others.
    unfortunately I think your right........
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger